What happened to LGK?

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
LGK was pretty good when it was going. A great place for Kings fans to just congregate and chat and BA about the Kings and hockey. I played a several ice & roller games and overall it was pretty fun. They had some other good sub-forums that were pretty cool - Hip you know what I’m talking about ;)

There were some great people there.

I don’t really post there for years and hardly post here but have been here from really early on.

Kingnut

Jul 17, 2013
Met quite a few members at the LGK games, back when they used to have them at the arena formerly known as HealthSouth Training Center.

And one of the former posters there who actually recorded himself doing play-by-play at an LGK game actually went on to have a career in broadcasting.

It used to be the go-to site for Kings talk, but the formation of cliques and trigger happy mods ruined that site, and I haven’t visited there in ages.

I knew some posters even before LGK, back when we had the AOL Grandstand board, and newsgroups. I remember reading about the Gretzky trade rumors to the Blues back then, and being hyped up for Olli Jokinen in 1997. Crazy to think I’ve been posting on hockey boards since I was 15.
Who was the poster who did the PbP?

Reactions: mysterman2

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Used to play in the games at Healthsouth back for a bit. The last one I went to I got my chin split open by a stick from someone who wasn't paying attention. Five stitches.

Still hang out with jerseydevil on the regular (Monday in fact). Met him for real in July of 2012 for the first time. He wasn't really interested in talking hockey then. ;)
With the amount of work jerseydevil was putting into posting in the media forum over at LGK he could probably have been running his own website on the same subject. It was pretty impressive.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007
With the amount of work jerseydevil was putting into posting in the media forum over at LGK he could probably have been running his own website on the same subject. It was pretty impressive.
Yeah he really enjoyed it but he was bummed after it just basically became him posting things with no one responding any longer. Just a byproduct of what was said earlier. Forums tend to fall away after time with no real reason.

Reactions: BigBrown

RinkDawg

Jun 1, 2023
Hey gang, thought I'd check in.

So yeah there was an incident that took out LGK as well as other servers. I have a back-up and have been waiting for them to set up another server with the proper PHP, Mysql etc. (They have a lot on their hands so it's taken a while but it's getting close to being ready for me to start rebuilding.)

Since our software (VBulletin) is at end of life, I'm going to take the opportunity to migrate to zenForo, which has a lot of the same features and is still supported. (i can also import the users and avatars etc)

It's lucky this happened in the off season so I'm looking at it as a way to get a fresh start into the new era for LGK. Think positive, right?

Thanks for your patience!
Mike

Last edited:

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
So yeah there was a fire at the datacenter and it took out LGK as well as other servers. I have a back-up and have been waiting for them to set up another server with the proper PHP, Mysql etc. (They have a lot on their hands so it's taken a while but it's getting close to being ready for me to start rebuilding.)
Since our software (VBulletin) is at end of life, I'm going to take the opportunity to migrate to zenForo, which has a lot of the same features and is still supported. (i can also import the users and avatars etc)

It's lucky this happened in the off season so I'm looking at it as a way to get a fresh start into the new era for LGK. Think positive, right?

Mike
New server? Awesome! That means my ban will be void 🤪 See ya there.
GKG

Last edited:

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Hey gang, thought I'd check in.

So yeah there was a fire at the datacenter and it took out LGK as well as other servers. I have a back-up and have been waiting for them to set up another server with the proper PHP, Mysql etc. (They have a lot on their hands so it's taken a while but it's getting close to being ready for me to start rebuilding.)

Mike
RinkDawg69 was taken?

Jun 30, 2006
Is that what you called the inmates who were running the asylum over there? The masthead after LGK.com should've said " where all out personal attacks are welcome" :nod:
I was there 20 years ago and it was like the mafia. There was a hierarchy and made posters. Challenge one of them and…
1685843712858.jpeg

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Wasn’t someone who was related to Jack a poster on LGK? Or was it a poster here? There also used to be a Jamie Storr obsessed stalker who frequented LGK.
It was his buddy. I actually got to meet his whole family. Even his parents. They seemed like super nice people. Too bad they robbed him. Mike Comrie was also there and I got introduced to Michael Phelps pre Olympics. Was a great trip I’ll remember forever.

I literally got the green light 3 days before, booked a flight by myself flew out to Michigan rented a car and spent a week out there. Drove to Toronto and the hockey hall of fame one day and ate the worst sushi I have ever had in my life in Ann Arbor.

I was 25 years old.

Hahahaha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad