What happened to LGK?

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
I'd be sorry to see it disappear, as it was my first-ever Kings board.

It suffers from being "isolated", whereas here on HFBoards, you have "all the hockey topics in one environment", for all teams and all leagues, which saves time in our busy lives.

(The disadvantage of this board is the overpowering censorship, but there is simply no other option. Nope, I don't consider the chaotic Reddit a viable discussion venue.)

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
I'd be sorry to see it disappear, as it was my first-ever Kings board.

It suffers from being "isolated", whereas here on HFBoards, you have "all the hockey topics in one environment", for all teams and all leagues, which saves time in our busy lives.

(The disadvantage of this board is the overpowering censorship, but there is simply no other option. Nope, I don't consider the chaotic Reddit a viable discussion venue.)
And the ads.

Reactions: johnjm22

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Just curious as it hasn't loaded for over a week. Is it done?
I heard they've been dealing with tech issues. It's unfortunate, I keep meaning to go there to say hi. I have made some awesome friends through there more so than here (though a lot of them have since come here).

Reactions: Faterson

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
A guy from LGK once came over to Bratislava here, and we got behind-the-glass seats to watch a Slovan Bratislava game when Ziggy Pálffy was playing in the Slovak league after he was done in the NHL. Ziggy was like a yard from us during each face-off in the offensive zone for two periods.

Another LGK poster (with a Slovak heritage), in the early 2000s, when he learned that the school I was working for back then still had no access to the Internet, sent over money to the school so that it could purchase its first router. (And then a couple of years later when he visited Slovakia along with his wife, he visited the school as well.)

There were/are definitely some very fine folks over there at LGK!

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
I miss the articles all in one nice place ... as a canadian looking for kings content .. its pretty few and far between

Reactions: funky

No Name The Nameless

Feb 15, 2019
Tornado Alley
It died when they banned me 17 years ago.
Kidding of course. I would have went back in a second if they’d have had me.
I didn’t feel like I deserved it, but I was a kid back then. RR encouraged my shtick’s that I had. He told me to lean into them. Then W8 became a mod and he went and immediately started deleting every non Kings post I made. Then he started giving me infractions even though there was no rules in place.

Long story short is that I called him out publicly and he threatened to ban me. I send him a PM sarcastically quoting the scripture that says “ Fathers, do not be irritating your children”. He banned me so I did a charge back on my LGK membership and changed my LGK fantasy hocked team name to F Doug W8. I guess it ended up being a perma ban at that point.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I didn’t feel like I deserved it, but I was a kid back then. RR encouraged my shtick’s that I had. He told me to lean into them. Then W8 became a mod and he went and immediately started deleting every non Kings post I made. Then he started giving me infractions even though there was no rules in place.

Long story short is that I called him out publicly and he threatened to ban me. I send him a PM sarcastically quoting the scripture that says “ Fathers, do not be irritating your children”. He banned me so I did a charge back on my LGK membership and changed my LGK fantasy hocked team name to F Doug W8. I guess it ended up being a perma ban at that point.
Slightly different experience for me but on the same vein. I was getting warned for "spamming" because I posted MayorsManor articles I wrote. Note that each article I posted was only posted once.

Never banned, but I felt less welcome there and spent more time here, condequently.

GameNight

Dec 5, 2021
Aww hope it comes back soon- keep them doin & towin the company line over there thx

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
Miss Reclamation project. He was cool over there.

I was the guy who's Grandma (that I didn't know well) died the day we drafted Drew Doughty and made a thread how exited I was to leave work early to go home and get ready for the draft. Was a pretty big thread there in the day. Heh heh.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It's where I started out too, though I hadn't logged back in since like 2007/8 around there. I came to HFBoard shortly after the Ducks won their cup looking for a better community to lick my wounds with :P I'd be surprised though if it is down permanently.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Comedy-ACT-092613-1.jpg

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Miss Reclamation project. He was cool over there.

I was the guy who's Grandma (that I didn't know well) died the day we drafted Drew Doughty and made a thread how exited I was to leave work early to go home and get ready for the draft. Was a pretty big thread there in the day. Heh heh.
What ever happened to Reclamation Project on here?

Did Ron ever invite you guys to his forums?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
OT I guess, but there's so much pettiness on message boards.

A lot of the LGK bans are silly IMO.

There's posters around here I don't like, and that get on my nerves, but I would never want them banned/suspended.

I understand mods have to crackdown on some stuff, but when they start getting heavy handed a board starts to lose its character.

LGK has been in decline for awhile. I don't think I've posted there in 15 years at least.

There was a recent suspension around here that was totally lame.

Reactions: Telos

Mattias

The friendly cat.
Feb 15, 2009
What ever happened to Reclamation Project on here?

Did Ron ever invite you guys to his forums?

I talked to him for a while but then just fell out of touch. I remember there was that other forum and was there for a bit but forgot about it and *poof*.

You have a similar story I guess?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad