Draft What Grade Would You Give Our 2020 Draft?

What Grade Would You Give Our Draft?

• Total voters

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
A - best draft unless the Kras, Miller, Nils draft turns out better. Besides one, it appears all the picks hit and Laf is in a league all his own.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
G for the giants they drafted.

ok: A for Laf alone, IDGAFF if he was the only choice there. The rest of the draft I don't know, I haven't seen a single one of them play.

Reactions: JCProdigy

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Except Laff and Schneider, I know nothing about these kids, but I can’t complain about those two after researching them.

Reactions: JCProdigy

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I am including Laf because why the hell not. We got arguably the best player in the world out the last 3 or 4 drafts. Love the next two picks as well, done with a purpose. A.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
B/B+ Rangers decided to go Canadian and in your face. lol. Well at least for the first three picks. 25 picks in the last 3 drafts only 3 Canadiens in 2020 6.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Except Laff and Schneider, I know nothing about these kids, but I can’t complain about those two after researching them.

Honestly same so who the shit knows, especially without a 2nd to play with it's tough to figure out "who'd they miss out on! who'd they steal!"

but I do like trading to get that 60 pick and Cuylle sounds like an intriguing prospect at that point. It sounds like they got good value out of other picks, took a few home run swings, etc

If the first 3 pan out (well hopefully the 1st does!) then it coudl make a massive difference to this teams future. Schneider doesn't sound flashy but honestly I love the idea of a big mobile guy who just has really good defensive instincts, likes to throw a hit, etc. Could be a low key mainstay for the team on the back end for a long time

e; I know everyone wants to snag that all star player in the first round but odds are every player has some flaws by the time you get to 19, so the Rangers moving up to grab a guy they really liked and were excited about and could be a key piece to a "hard to play against team" doesn't bother me in terms of skipping out on other high boom higher bust players
also like that they got something out of the Andersson situation and again for a guy they liked a lot and could make them a pain to play against some day if he pans out

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I like the first three players but i am a little concerned that we picked another right hand dman, and never drafted a center with any of our top 3 picks.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Felt there were better players on the board multiple times, compared to who we picked.

1st round: Laf is Laf. Disliked the trade-up & lack of need for Schneider but he's an excellent prospect
2nd round: Cuylle I'm fine with
3rd round: ...not happy
4th round: less happy
5th round: Saved the non-Laf draft for me, love both picks. Berard in particular I've seen described as a "buzzsaw" type winger, which is something every team can use
6th round: big man is big
7th round: big man wears pads to make big man bigger man

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I understand all the points given as to why it was ok to trade up to draft Schneider, but I’m still not convinced. I feel like we wasted a 3rd. Could have stayed put or traded back and taken a player who was a better organizational fit. I give the draft overall a B.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Would give it an A

Had guys I would have liked better in certain spots but you can’t complain. If they managed to get into the second round earlier it probably woulda been an A+

Only two picks that were hot garbage were the last two, which is saying something

Last edited:

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Would give it an A

Had guys I would have liked better in certain spots but you can’t complain. If they managed to get into the second round it probably woulda been an A+

Only two picks that were hot garbage were the last two, which is saying something

Didn't they get into the second round?

Anzi

May 16, 2019
Boston
Seemed to me that mostly everyone was happy with the Lafreniere, Vierling, and Berard picks. The rest of the picks were lukewarm at best. I'd probably give them a B overall.

Reactions: slg1963 and mas0764

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
If anyone cares Pronman gave us an A+ on this draft

Only picks he didn’t care for was Tarnstrom (which I disagree with) and the 6’8 twins

Reactions: Maximus

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Laf and Schneider are likely the only ones who every contribute but you can say that about every team. As much as we like to scrutinize every pick, most teams are lucky to get 2 NHLers in a draft. We already have most of the pieces on the team or in the system, really just missing another top 6 center and was unlikely we would find it today.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
D

toomanylonglastnames.

plus whats with drafting all the short guys ? gordie clark lives ...

need more euro sexy and guys from teams that wore purple.

who ever heard of getting anyone good in the 7th round anyway

should have gone with a tough as nails dman from the W..... wait.... nm.

i think the devils nailed it tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad