Draft What Grade Would You Give Our 2020 Draft?

What Grade Would You Give Our Draft?

• Total voters

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
"A" even not including the Lafreniere pick. I am totally fine trading up three spots at the cost of a 3rd round pick for Schneider. Thrilled to get Cuylle, especially being able to salvage Andersson's value to do it. I'm getting intrigued by Tarnstrom. Garand was a goalie I'd figured was an option, and taking him in round 4 follows my rule of never taking one before round 4. Vierling and Berard were incredible value where they went. Rempe seems to me like a potential diamond in the rough. The goalie in round 7 is my only issue.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
B without Lafrenière, but that was just luck. It's what we did with the rest that can be judged really. Tarnstrom is a reach and I don't really get it at all. Vierling makes sense. I just hope one of those centers makes it tbh. I'm happy with Schneider even though I think we should have swung for Lapierre since he has the potential to be that C we so desperately need if the injury history doesn't affect him. Hard to tell on that one.

Cuylle could be great and if he hits anywhere near his potential he could be the best guy we get out of this beyond Laf with regards to direct impact on the team.

edit: Forgot Berard. I'm interested in that pick as well. Don't mind the small size at all and no Rangers fan should after all we got from Zucc and St-Louis. It's just that it's another LW and obviously not a bottom line type of LW so I just don't see where he fits in, even if its 2-3 years from now. But hey, a lot can change.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Here’s a thing, I really liked that the Rangers took 3 very young prospects with late picks, two of which could’ve easily been first eligible for the 2021. Why - as we’ve seen from a recent passed an undrafted overager who had a developmental jump in his 19 yo season could easily become a 3- or 4- rounder a year later value wide, if nothing else. If you had to make a bet - late birthdays are likelier for such developmental jump.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
A.

I like Schneider, Coolio, Berard and Dicks son.

Lafreniere makes me tingle

usekakkorightquinn

Oct 18, 2019
A+ About time this organization took some nasty, Canadian boys instead of these soft euros who are non playoff types.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
A-/B+. Not gonna vote because I’m not really sure. Laf shouldn’t be involved in the grade since it was s simple choice.

I don’t like that we traded up for Schneider. I’d be far less bothered if he were at 22 and we took him. I wouldn’t be bothered at all if he were a LHD. But alas.

Goalie picks are a total waste for us. I care less about HOA just because he’s a 7th rounder. But the 4th round had options we might actually use.

I like the high upside picks in the 2nd and 3rd at least.

It was fine. I’m not saying Schneider is a terrible pick, but I would’ve gone for the high risk high reward choice of Lapierre. I wouldn’t have touched a goalie this year, and we managed to take two.

Gotta move forward with the franchise.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
A. Overall I really liked what they did. The first pick was a no brainer but I also liked the scheneider pick. I admit I was t thrilled about trading up unless it was for a C but I’m ok with it. I love our 5th round picks

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
Easy A for me. I think our first 3 picks were so good that the rest almost didn't even matter in terms of the overall grade.

I wouldn't want anyone thinking that way.. especially if a team wants to be good for many years. and it seems the nyr think that way often the way they waste or give away picks . Lots of teams that had no one to choose traded for later picks or for next draft and didn't just pick for the sake of picking.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I wouldn't want anyone thinking that way.. especially if a team wants to be good for many years. and it seems the nyr think that way often the way they waste or give away picks . Lots of teams that had no one to choose traded for later picks or for next draft and didn't just pick for the sake of picking.

I was being facetious. I don't think they wasted picks at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad