What does Tony DeAngelo get this summer?

????

• Multi-year contract

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • 1 year, $2m+

Votes: 41 14.0%
  • 1 year, less than $2m

Votes: 128 43.7%
  • KHL

Votes: 116 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jul 10, 2003
KW
I'd be very surprised if Holland wants him, not even taking into account that Bouchard likely replaces Barrie in his role.

I don't think Bouchard is ready to replace the offense that Barrie provided. That said, just a wild guess, I don't have a strong feeling about any destination in particular. Just saw a possible fit there.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I don't think Bouchard is ready to replace the offense that Barrie provided. That said, just a wild guess, I don't have a strong feeling about any destination in particular. Just saw a possible fit there.
Bouchard won't produce the same amount but he'll bring what matters, stretch passes and a power play bomb.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Players who commit crimes get a second chance, so it would be strange if DeAngelo (who has not committed a crime) doesn’t get one.

What about players who aren’t playing good and causing issues internally...

This isn’t about morality or virtue signaling.

DeAngelo wasn’t good this year and was causing issues in the organization. He was given a final warning by the team then chirped and got into an altercation with his goalie. He was of no use to the Rangers and every other NHL team apparently.

Maybe someone gives him another shot now since some time has passed for everything to blow over.

Reactions: Kreator

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
1 yr 2m

he is a good hockey player shitty person , the signing team will likely make it a condition for any extension for him to just shut up and play hockey

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
It was only six games, and the whole team was struggling. I’m not sure I’d put a lot of stock into a bad start to the season. Judging a proven player on six games is a bad idea.

Every one knows what DeAngelo is. He's a proven flawed player with baggage. He can score points and make plays offensively but he's shown he's can also be a liability defensively.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Every one knows what DeAngelo is. He's a proven flawed player with baggage. He can score points and make plays offensively but he's shown he's can also be a liability defensively.

Very fair. I can’t really disagree with any of that. I just think too much at the time and afterwards was made of his form. Why he was waived almost certainly was not related to his ability to play hockey. And after he returned from being scratched, he started playing better.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Very fair. I can’t really disagree with any of that. I just think too much at the time and afterwards was made of his form. Why he was waived almost certainly was not related to his ability to play hockey. And after he returned from being scratched, he started playing better.
Was the very top of the fancy charts for our team too

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Don't know how many GMs want to acquire a player who actively wanted to fight their goalie. That's not good for the room regardless of what he does on the ice. I think there is a fair chance he gets no deal.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Don't know how many GMs want to acquire a player who actively wanted to fight their goalie. That's not good for the room regardless of what he does on the ice. I think there is a fair chance he gets no deal.

Could be a good team bonding for the Kings, Quick would finally have someone indulge him in a fight

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
IF an NHL team signs him it would basically have to be a market where hockey isn't as big. He wouldn't survive the Canadian media for sure, and probably not many of the bigger US hockey markets.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
When you got a personality like DeAngelo's there's a certain line in terms of NHL talent you have to exceed for a respectable NHL to sign you. DeAngelo is not above that line.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
A PTO and when he inevitably acts out again he will get his ass cut , AGAIN . Dude has been kicked off every team he's been a part of . If you give the guy more than league minimum you're playing with fire.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
He'll get another chance, they almost always do. I hope the Sharks or the Flames take him, can't stand either of those teams anyway.

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
DeAngelo falls under the Tom Wilson category of "I don't care how good you are, stay away from my team"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad