What does Lars Eller have to do?

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I don't see why we wouldn't be promoting Lars as a go-to player. He's definitely got the right attitude and skillset for it. He wants the puck and he wants to control the flow of the game, give him a finisher and I think we'd see him "blossom".

Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Pacioretty-Eller-Sekac
Prust-Desharnais-Parenteau
Tangradi-Malhotra-Weise

I think a lineup like this would go a long ways to improving the productivity of Desharnais, Eller, Sekac, and maybe even Pacioretty. Desharnais struggles with being the go-to guy - play him against easier competition with a second line player. Eller wants to cycle the puck and take on a bigger role - play him with our top winger and a guy he's already got chemistry with. We want the rookies and Plekanec given offensive opportunities - play them on the top line.

I think it would do a world of good for Pacioretty to get away from DD and I approve of your plan.:handclap:

How long did Prust play with the 2 Gallys when they broke into the league, I think protecting Sekac was one of the reasons MT put Prust on the Eller line, tbh.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I don't think Eller has the vision it takes to be a top 6 player. He doesn't have the ability to make other players around him better. He fits perfectly in the role he's currently in. Maybe a bit more powerplay time but that's about it.
even most 1st liners cant do that on a game to game basis.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I don't think Eller has the vision it takes to be a top 6 player. He doesn't have the ability to make other players around him better. He fits perfectly in the role he's currently in. Maybe a bit more powerplay time but that's about it.

Lets compare our top 3 centers. Pleks..only shoots chips it off teh glass or dumps back to d men. DD patches patches patches..and sometime the D on a powerplay. And you are saying eller is the one with vision troubles???

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It doesn't matter, it's just funny how some members in the media just have to protect Desharnais at the expense of whatever player is threatening his spot.

The long knives were out in full force on HF as well.
It started immediately after the Leafs game opening night. :laugh:
The playoff heroics were already forgotten. :amazed:

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Eller as our 1-2-3 punch down the middle is strong and if Chuckie develops the way we all think he will, thats a very solid combination.

Media members don't protect DD for nothing, I mean guys like Lavoie, Gaston Therrien, Francois Gagnon won't go after DD because he gives them access. He gives them stories, interviews, valuable information. Eller on the other hand won't because he isn't french and he doesn't really bring anything valuable off the ice in terms of "juicy gossip". That's why guys like Stubbs won't ever criticize players-- how else with they write their columns or text players for inside info? It's a joke of a system, but thats how it is. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Galchenyuk, Plekanec and Eller as our 1-2-3 punch down the middle is strong and if Chuckie develops the way we all think he will, thats a very solid combination.

Media members don't protect DD for nothing, I mean guys like Lavoie, Gaston Therrien, Francois Gagnon won't go after DD because he gives them access. He gives them stories, interviews, valuable information. Eller on the other hand won't because he isn't french and he doesn't really bring anything valuable off the ice in terms of "juicy gossip". That's why guys like Stubbs won't ever criticize players-- how else with they write their columns or text players for inside info? It's a joke of a system, but thats how it is. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

lol

I never heard of any stories of such and if so, link please. The only stories coming out of this club are whats shown on 24ch and interviews, what you said is BS. Look what happens when Lars says something out of the box for once, people misinterpret and all kinds of drama ensues. Dare I say Lars created more story right there than DD does as a Habs (people talk about him but he's a quiet and very humble guy).

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
lol

I never heard of any stories of such and if so, link please. The only stories coming out of this club are whats shown on 24ch and interviews, what you said is BS. Look what happens when Lars says something out of the box for once, people misinterpret and all kinds of drama ensues. Dare I say Lars created more story right there than DD does as a Habs (people talk about him but he's a quiet and very humble guy).

He's quiet and humble because he's hoping nobody notices how bad he is. :sarcasm:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Lars Eller is a Habs player and I was just as happy as you were when he scored that goal. Unlike some people, I dont get angry when a certain Habs player scores. I want them all to succeed.

The only point I was making was the absurdity of this thread pumping Eller's tires on a fluke goal as some way to bash you know who.

I hope Eller hits his all time highs for goals. We need his production just like we need production from everyone on this team.

When a guy is scoring at the same rate than Pacioretty for more than half a season and many french media are voluntarily ignoring him (like in the PO) cause he's in competition for a job at center with their boy.....yeah i feel the need to pump his tires a little.

Having said that, i could've made this thread 5 games ago, numbers was about the same......just waited for the sample to be more than 41 games.(1/2 season).

Max got a lot fluke goal himself....everybody got some.....except you know who!

They were so hard of putting Eller down in the beginning of the season and now they

I already talked to that guy and he actually believe that he know more about hockey than most fans. Would love to see his response if we showed him that today.

Vision......

Weise probably have a tons of vision to feed Max like he's doing. Even if Eller lack vision....i'll take someone who lack vision and scored goals than someone who lack size and scoring ability.

Eller is great where he is....as long as Galchenyuk and Plekanec are #1 and #2.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
lol

Well Stubbs is well documented. The guy has all the players numbers, very tight knit with the organization; his pieces will never criticize anything from management or the players. DD? He's much more accessible to RDS and TVA as opposed to Eller, Plekanec, etc. He's homegrown talent and they support him- which is understandable to some degree. Media members tend to support those guys that are more accessible, which inadvertently makes their job easier. Just look at the way Markov is perceived by a lot of the french media.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well Stubbs is well documented. The guy has all the players numbers, very tight knit with the organization; his pieces will never criticize anything from management or the players. DD? He's much more accessible to RDS and TVA as opposed to Eller, Plekanec, etc. He's homegrown talent and they support him- which is understandable to some degree. Media members tend to support those guys that are more accessible, which inadvertently makes their job easier. Just look at the way Markov is perceived by a lot of the french media.

Stubbs isn't a crotchety old Red Fisher who had no problems calling anyone out. :laugh:

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Stubbs isn't a crotchety old Red Fisher who had no problems calling anyone out. :laugh:

Its pretty ridiculous. What kind of writer is okay with writing to please as opposed to writing and documenting the truth? Journalists like Mitch Melnick, Arpon Basu, heck even Tony Marinaro are interesting because they can vocalize their thoughts. If the only thing you're going to do as a writer is agree with the higher power out of fear of rejection then I have no respect for you.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Its pretty ridiculous. What kind of writer is okay with writing to please as opposed to writing and documenting the truth? Journalists like Mitch Melnick, Arpon Basu, heck even Tony Marinaro are interesting because they can vocalize their thoughts. If the only thing you're going to do as a writer is agree with the higher power out of fear of rejection then I have no respect for you.
Basu is the only Habs writer that is truly honest. Doesnt give a **** who he insults if its the truth.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

Everything changed when the sanctity of the dressing room went away.
It became a public relations battle instead of Sports Journalism.

Thank you to The White House and American Journalism.

Fisher addressed the pandering more than once.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Management prefers beat writers like Dickie Dunn in Slapshot. So what? The fans can see things with their own eyes,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad