What does Lars Eller have to do?

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
Lars Eller: 10 points at home, 1 point on the road.

0 goals on 23 5v5 shots on the road. 7 goals on 33 5v5 shots at home. Looks like variance to me, wich home/road splits are pretty often. That goes for every player in the league.

The shot rate does go down on the road but that's true of most player. Teams overall tend to get less 5v5 shots on the road than at home, since they tend to play worse overall, (I think, don't have time to check, someone correct me if I'm wrong) so logic would say that would be true of players too.

Eller road: 8.88 shots per 60 minutes
Eller home: 11.28

For comp:

Max: 11.38 shots per 60 (3 goals on 34 shots)
Max home: 13.69 (8 goals on 43 shots)

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
MaxPac and DD have 4 pts each on the road. So what's the standard? 4? What about 2 or 3?

How about, I don't know, more than one point?

Pacioretty and DD haven't been that good on the road either but Patches is so good at home it's much easier to swallow.

Really when you look at the numbers, a Pacioretty - Eller - Weise line should be attempted at the next home game.

Simply put, the only top six option we have at center that can play top minutes against top lines home or road is Plekanec. Everyone else should be shuffled.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
How about, I don't know, more than one point?

Pacioretty and DD haven't been that good on the road either but Patches is so good at home it's much easier to swallow.

Really when you look at the numbers, a Pacioretty - Eller - Weise line should be attempted at the next home game.

Simply put, the only top six option we have at center that can play top minutes against top lines home or road is Plekanec. Everyone else should be shuffled.

Good idea, let's put Pacioretty with the worst playmaker on the team instaed of the best one...

More genius posts from the vocal minority...:shakehead

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Good idea, let's put Pacioretty with the worst playmaker on the team instaed of the best one...

Did Pacioretty played with Galchenyuk?
Cause he's the best playmaker.....i don't see any playmaking from DD.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Best one? Galchenyuk is playing on the a different line.

Weise has been as good a playmaker than DD has this season. Pacioretty doesn't need a playmaker, this is a myth used to justify DD's role. It's long since been debunked.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013

Pacioretty is a puck possession shot generating winger , he would produce regardless who's centering him, all Desharnais does is just hand him the puck whenever he has it. There's nothing special to that, nothing that any of our other current centers couldn't do.

Jamie Thomas

Apr 4, 2003

Yeah genius, because Pacioretty really needed all that "playmaking' from the best "playmaker" on the team to produce. He would be lost without DD, true story.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Pacioretty is a puck possession shot generating winger , he would produce regardless who's centering him, all Desharnais does is just hand him the puck whenever he has it. There's nothing special to that, nothing that any of our other current centers couldn't do.

Maybe he would still produce, but I doubt he would score anything close to the 39 he scored last year.

"handing him the puck" is a lot harder than you make it sound. If it was that easy every NHL center would have 50-60 assists a year.

Weise has been as good a playmaker than DD has this season. Pacioretty doesn't need a playmaker, this is a myth used to justify DD's role. It's long since been debunked.

Galchenyuk is a very good playmaker but he tends to overhandle the puck and lose it before he can make a pass, he has some spectacular passes, but also a lot of plays where he could have made the easy pass but instaed tried to do too much.

The fact that you bring up Weise shows that using a small amount of data to draw conclusions is inherently flawed.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Galchenyuk is a very good playmaker but he tends to overhandle the puck and lose it before he can make a pass, he has some spectacular passes, but also a lot of plays where he could have made the easy pass but instaed tried to do too much.

The fact that you bring up Weise shows that using a small amount of data to draw conclusions is inherently flawed.

Galchenyuk has as many assist as DD, playing on the second wave of the PP without the team's best scorer at evens and with a man advantage.

No, Weise is an excellent example. The guy looks like a Wizard next to Patches and has set up for four of his goals. He just gives credence to what most are saying, the playmaking requirement is a myth, Pacioretty is a shot machine, he'll score with anyone, even with a 4th liner feeding him.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto

Are you saying that DD doesn't lose the puck? Because at least Galchenyuk shoots when it's the best option. DD will pass to Patches through 5 players even if he has a wide open net (and then we lose possession...)

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Are you saying that DD doesn't lose the puck? Because at least Galchenyuk shoots when it's the best option. DD will pass to Patches through 5 players even if he has a wide open net (and then we lose possession...)

I don't understand why you guys just don't put the "clan" on ignore. None of their retorts are any where near logical.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

When you have an argument like this, make sure you don't make it too easy for us to reply you. :laugh:

DD also made some good pass but fails on many of them as well. Also, DD is blind on one side, he just look on the left while Galchenyuk can make to pass to anyone on the ice... oh and he also knows how to score... Galchenyuk is already ahead of DD as an offensive as of now and he isn't close to peak yet.. while DD's peak has passed and he is slowly going downhill.

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007

I agree about Galchenyuk...time to put him in there at center.

Maybe he would still produce, but I doubt he would score anything close to the 39 he scored last year.

"handing him the puck" is a lot harder than you make it sound. If it was that easy every NHL center would have 50-60 assists a year.

Maybe he does but he's also a puck retrieving player.

Galchenyuk has as many assist as DD, playing on the second wave of the PP without the team's best scorer at evens and with a man advantage.

No, Weise is an excellent example. The guy looks like a Wizard next to Patches and has set up for four of his goals. He just gives credence to what most are saying, the playmaking requirement is a myth, Pacioretty is a shot machine, he'll score with anyone, even with a 4th liner feeding him.
Patch has an amazing shot....snap shot. The one timers need more work. Patch IMO works well with a NS player....Weise or Cole but I think it's time to do something about that duo..DD-Patch.
I wish MT would try something like:
Patch-Chucky-Gallagher

Tarasenko

Unregistered User
Oct 11, 2011
I never understood why people are always comparing players play at home vs. away.
It doesn't make any sense. It makes sense for the coach record, not players points.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wonder what the players think of the favoritism? What is it about DD that warrants the respect and playing time from the coaches! Bizarre.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
At this point it's looking like Eller will need to rewrite quantum theory if he is ever to garner more meaningful playing time.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
o-TONYA-HARDING-NANCY-KERRIGAN-facebook.jpg

-1d595878b94847f2.JPG

dat face doe

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Lars is good where he is...he's a 3rd line player. He's built for it and it's where his game excels: defensive play and strength along the boards. Should he be used more often on the PP? Yes. I think everyone agrees that he should see more PP ice time, but DD has that in his back pocket unfortunately.

Should Eller be lined up with Patches? **** no. Eller is an awful playmaker and he always insists on holding the puck, it would just be a terrible failure. The only center who should be switched to play with Patches is Plekanec. They are an unreal PK unit, and a 1st line of Patches - Pleks - Chucky would be a realy first line imo.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Lars is good where he is...he's a 3rd line player. He's built for it and it's where his game excels: defensive play and strength along the boards. Should he be used more often on the PP? Yes. I think everyone agrees that he should see more PP ice time, but DD has that in his back pocket unfortunately.

Should Eller be lined up with Patches? **** no. Eller is an awful playmaker and he always insists on holding the puck, it would just be a terrible failure. The only center who should be switched to play with Patches is Plekanec. They are an unreal PK unit, and a 1st line of Patches - Pleks - Chucky would be a realy first line imo.

Plekanec is a great playmaker?

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Plekanec is a great playmaker?

Well considering he averages anywhere from roughly 25 to 45 assists per season in his last 8 or so...I'd say he's a much better playmaker than Eller. You watch how Eller plays, he definitely has his strengths but passing the puck is generally not one of them (with the whole wraparound the net every time). Plekanec shoots first a lot, but he is a great passer and is 100% our best option to center Patches on this team.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Chuckie should be centring Patch. I don't think Plecky is that good of a playmaker and I think he really lacks chemistry with Galchenyuk. Habs are seriously missing a top 6 forward. They're weak on the wing. By season's end I see Sekac moving into a top 6 role and Parenteau moving down with Eller (which isn't a bad thing). Eller should follow a similar path to Soderberg with the Bruins. If he turns into a bonafide 3rd line centre a la poor man's Jordan Staal with the Penguins I think that would be a huge success for MTL. I think he would struggle in a pure offensive top 2 centre role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad