What do you want Poile to do by Wednesday?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Its odd seeing Goose as trade bait and concerning if bot he and Legwand are moved. While winning faceoffs is not a glamorous part of the game it is critical in every game. I really don't see anyone on the roster that could step up and control the dot.

Time winding down on the last chance before the end of the season to obtain assets its hard to imagine the team just standing pat and missing out on chances to make the team better. At this point picks would be a positive.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Then the narrative will become about how Fenton had all these great ideas but Poile shut them all down.

You can't appease folks like that.

Hon, I'm using the Patrick Bateman scale of rage with Preds trades. I'm at playing the Huey Lewis CD loud and going to the bathroom to get the raincoat and Ax.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Yeah being realistic and not in a dream world is so horrible.. It's a board for conversation so be prepared for all kinds of people and opinions. If you want sunshine and rainbows and want to ignore reality join twitter and follow Josh Cooper you two will be great for each other

i'm completely prepared and have no problem answering. but how is it a dream world i'm in? stastny is in play. and via tsn.ca and hockeybuzz.com spezza is being asked about by Colorado. the deal would likely involve O'Reilly. Stastny hasn't signed back yet. How is making an offer for stastny unrealistic? he'd be the closest to a #1C we'd have in a while. it makes sense. Swap Leggy for a 1st and use that 1st plus wilson/ellis and get a re-sign. that's not "out of this world" BRO.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
LOL LeBrun just tweeted DUbnyk to Montreal for Futures. What's the futures? A bowl of Poutien?

EDIT: and Preds eat some of Dubnyk's salary....Which is a HELL of a lot cheaper than buying out Hendricks

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
i'm completely prepared and have no problem answering. but how is it a dream world i'm in? stastny is in play. and via tsn.ca and hockeybuzz.com spezza is being asked about by Colorado. the deal would likely involve O'Reilly. Stastny hasn't signed back yet. How is making an offer for stastny unrealistic? he'd be the closest to a #1C we'd have in a while. it makes sense. Swap Leggy for a 1st and use that 1st plus wilson/ellis and get a re-sign. that's not "out of this world" BRO.

That's cool i would go after Stastny to but i just think other NHL teams would beat the offers you mentioned earlier. Wilson wasn't in your original offers. I wasn't trying to be negative just realistic

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
That's cool i would go after Stastny to but i just think other NHL teams would beat the offers you mentioned earlier. Wilson wasn't in your original offers. I wasn't trying to be negative just realistic

ya no worries. i was just thinking no to wilson due to the UFA status of Stastny. But if we can resign him i have no problem moving wilson in the deal.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
So Hemsky brought all of a 3rd and 5th? On top of what, a 4th for Penner?

No way Leggy or Goose going anywhere if that's what the market is like - GMDP said he won't just give Leggy away and he's not gonna' just "unload" Goose, either.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
So Hemsky brought all of a 3rd and 5th? On top of what, a 4th for Penner?

No way Leggy or Goose going anywhere if that's what the market is like - GMDP said he won't just give Leggy away and he's not gonna' just "unload" Goose, either.

The deadline is not over yet young grasshopper

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Cooper trying to start something.

JoshuaCooper @JoshuaCooper said:
Legwand off the ice...

2 minutes later

Practice is over btw

Legwand did not get pulled off the ice. Practice was over... That's it sorry for the confusion

Last edited:

utkpred

Mar 12, 2012
I could definitely see Spaling and Moser packaged for picks. Moser coming up always seemed like a showcase for a trade.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Cooper is an idiot

Always has been
I knew Cooper a few years back. He's one of the most loyal Preds/hockey fans in Nashville. He's not an idiot. He obviously made a mistake to trying to read too much into practice (either that or the Preds told him to take back his tweet), but he's not an idiot.

He also has to appease the Predators organization and have a working relationship with them. While he might get paid by the Tennessean, he is pretty much working for the Predators too.

He gets too flake around here, IMO.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I knew Cooper a few years back. He's one of the most loyal Preds/hockey fans in Nashville. He's not an idiot. He obviously made a mistake to trying to read too much into practice (either that or the Preds told him to take back his tweet), but he's not an idiot.

He also has to appease the Predators organization and have a working relationship with them. While he might get paid by the Tennessean, he is pretty much working for the Predators too.

He gets too flake around here, IMO.

Agree.

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Cooper would be better if he actually offered insight. Almost all of his articles are standard stuff. He doesn't go into detail and just reports basic things. His tweets consist of chirping Nashville fans. Rarely really offers an actual opinion.

BigFatCat999

Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Ok, Poile turned Erat to Forsberg, Hendricks to 950K of Dubnyk, and Legwand to Iron Hook and a 3rd.

Yeah, Poile wins, forgive me for doubting you. You have one eye and it's locked on the future!

I was expecting Legwand to the Wings for their 1st. I was close, but this is more value.

Currently, Nashville is in the 6th spot for the draft. I hope they can get Leon Drisidel.

Now watch Poile calls up Jarnrok and Forsberg and bum rush the league and get into the Playoffs...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad