What do you want in free agency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Clowe is my #1 choice for sure.

I always pictured Clowe as a guy on roids that had a brain the size of a mustard seed. I don't think he's ever going to pot 20 again. what I mean is, I wouldn't ''go after'' him ... id get him if I'd have lose change in my pocket and he would really want to come here (doubt its the case) for a 3rd line role but he wouldn't be a target. exactly the type of player ppl will overpay for. he's close to be overpaid as it stands now, not sure he deserves a raise.

Someone mentionned Clarkson ... that's the kind of smart bum I enjoy watching play. makes way more sense to me. But I really doubt lou will let him walk out.

Last edited:

void

Jan 5, 2006
Perry would obviously be my number 1 choice but I doubt we'll be able to get him.

Clowe and Clarkson would be my number 2 and 3 respectively.

Higgins, Brunner, and Dupuis are also interesting.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I always pictured Clowe as a guy on roids that had a brain the size of a mustard seed. I don't think he's ever going to pot 20 again. what I mean is, I wouldn't ''go after'' him ... id get him if I'd have lose change in my pocket and he would really want to come here (doubt its the case) for a 3rd line role but he wouldn't be a target. exactly the type of player ppl will overpay for. he's close to be overpaid as it stands now, not sure he deserves a raise.

Someone mentionned Clarkson ... that's the kind of smart bum I enjoy watching play. makes way more sense to me. But I really doubt lou will let him walk out.

Seconded. People here are way to enamoured with his physical play to notice his shot and scoring sense is kind of lacking and would easily be one of our slowest skaters, if not the slowest. Considering what it would cost to get him to sign, I'd stay away.

CoupeStanley

Dec 1, 2003
Nicolet
coupestanley.com
Perry is the way to go... We need to add top-end talent and this team is a serious contender. Plus, Perry have won it all and is still fairly young.

Maybe Perry can be to the Habs what Hossa is to the Hawks.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Ok, I saw a thread that had subject Kaberle traded to Islanders, it points to this thread.

Am I having a stroke, my speech is not slurred .

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Francophone so we can start winning Stanley cups again :sarcasm:

- Mike Riberio
- PM Bouchard
- Simon Gagne
- Matthew Lombardi
- Gui Latendresse
- Pascal Dupuis
- Jose Theodore
- Matthieu Garon
- Maxim Lapierre
- Marc-Andre Bergeron
- Anthony Stewart
- JF Jacques
- Andre Benoit

Take your pick! :sarcasm:

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
- Mike Riberio
- PM Bouchard
- Simon Gagne
- Matthew Lombardi
- Gui Latendresse
- Pascal Dupuis
- Jose Theodore
- Matthieu Garon
- Maxim Lapierre
- Marc-Andre Bergeron
- Anthony Stewart
- JF Jacques
- Andre Benoit

Honestly none of them are in my top 3 not ever top 5 list of who is like us to get

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Honestly none of them are in my top 3 not ever top 5 list of who is like us to get

I would be all for bringing Lapierre back into the organization but I think we don't need free agency in the summer. We will have a hungry Leblanc and a better prepared Tinordi to fill Colby and Frankie's spots.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
- Mike Riberio
- PM Bouchard
- Simon Gagne
- Matthew Lombardi
- Gui Latendresse
- Pascal Dupuis
- Jose Theodore
- Matthieu Garon
- Maxim Lapierre
- Marc-Andre Bergeron
- Anthony Stewart
- JF Jacques
- Andre Benoit

Wouldn't mind Pascal Dupuis at all, maybe eventually we would attract Crosby in 15 years!!!:sarcasm:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
and just save everything and try and make a big splash in the summer of '14

Yeah, me too. Unless Perry or Getzlaf wants to come, of course. We'll know more about where this team truly is in summer 2014 after an 82 game season with a strong chance we'll face every team twice under realignment.

Prust played with Perry in London. Moen played with Perry and Getzlaf in Anaheim. They can work those connections to help us out. :sarcasm:

Clowe and Clarkson are going to be ridiculously overpaid if they hit the market, so I would stay away.

We have control of all of our current forwards aside from Armstrong when it comes to next season, so I don't think we're in desperate need of a high priced addition up front unless it's just a homerun type signing. We already have problems finding proper ice time for Eller and Galchenyuk.

Although things change if Cole retires. Then you need a RW and some size.

Faceoffs could still be a problem and I wouldn't say no to a big winger who can bring some truculence on the 4th line. So those are 2 areas that could be looked at.

Defence is murkier. No doubt Kaberle is gone. Weber likely to be dealt. So you are down to 6. Is Tinordi (or Pateryn) ready to give us the size/strength/toughness we need? Problem is, the answer may only come in training camp and obviously the FA market is in July...Does Bouillon retire? And if he doesn't, will he accept a 7th D role?

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Yeah, me too. Unless Perry or Getzlaf wants to come, of course. We'll know more about where this team truly is in summer 2014 after an 82 game season with a strong chance we'll face every team twice under realignment.

Prust played with Perry in London. Moen played with Perry and Getzlaf in Anaheim. They can work those connections to help us out. :sarcasm:

Clowe and Clarkson are going to be ridiculously overpaid if they hit the market, so I would stay away.

We have control of all of our current forwards aside from Armstrong when it comes to next season, so I don't think we're in desperate need of a high priced addition up front unless it's just a homerun type signing. We already have problems finding proper ice time for Eller and Galchenyuk.

Although things change if Cole retires. Then you need a RW and some size.

Faceoffs could still be a problem and I wouldn't say no to a big winger who can bring some truculence on the 4th line. So those are 2 areas that could be looked at.

Defence is murkier. No doubt Kaberle is gone. Weber likely to be dealt. So you are down to 6. Is Tinordi (or Pateryn) ready to give us the size/strength/toughness we need? Problem is, the answer may only come in training camp and obviously the FA market is in July...Does Bouillon retire? And if he doesn't, will he accept a 7th D role?

Wasn't there an article about 2 weeks ago saying that Perry's favorite team growing up was the Habs

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
- Mike Riberio
- PM Bouchard
- Simon Gagne
- Matthew Lombardi
- Gui Latendresse
- Pascal Dupuis
- Jose Theodore
- Matthieu Garon
- Maxim Lapierre
- Marc-Andre Bergeron
- Anthony Stewart
- JF Jacques
- Andre Benoit

Jacques so we'll win stanley cups AND win add toughness

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
FORWARDS
Rene Bourque ($3.333m) / Tomas Plekanec ($5.000m) / Corey Perry ($8.000m)
Max Pacioretty ($4.500m) / David Desharnais ($2.000m) / Brendan Gallagher ($0.870m)
Brandon Prust ($2.500m) / Alex Galchenyuk ($3.225m) / Erik Cole ($4.500m)
Travis Moen ($1.850m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Brian Gionta ($5.000m)
Ryan White ($0.722m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Josh Gorges ($3.900m) / P.K. Subban ($2.875m)
Andrei Markov ($5.750m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Jarred Tinordi ($1.083m) / Raphael Diaz ($1.225m)
Francis Bouillon ($1.000m) /
GOALTENDERS
Carey Price ($6.500m)
Peter Budaj ($1.150m)
OTHER
Buyout: Tomas Kaberle ($0.000m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $65,822,708; BONUSES: $2,697,500
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $1,174,792

Excuse me while I drool. :laugh:

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal
- Mike Riberio
- PM Bouchard
- Simon Gagne
- Matthew Lombardi
- Gui Latendresse
- Pascal Dupuis
- Jose Theodore
- Matthieu Garon
- Maxim Lapierre
- Marc-Andre Bergeron
- Anthony Stewart
- JF Jacques
- Andre Benoit

It may sound like a joke, but I would try to sign Latendresse to a 2-way contract. His career is stalling and it may be what he needs to move is a** and get in shape. Then, it would give Hamilton a much needed veteran-forward depth, and an interesting call up if there are injuries (if Lats is motivated).

SeriousHabs

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
What are the odds of Anaheim letting Getzlaf and Perry walk? Selanne is probably gone and Koivu is also a UFA. They will need to reach the cap floor some how.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
Perry and Getzlaf will surely sign baxk with the Ducks, same with Clarkson he's gonna sign back with the Devils. Anyways:

Perry
Getzlaf
Clarkson
Clowe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00