What do you want in free agency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
If we can't have Perry (one can dream), we need to grab Clowe or Horton (if Boston doesn't throw a buttload of cash at him)...Habs need a smashmouth Power Winger.

If this team signed Nathan Horton I'd never watch a game again in my life

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If we can't have Perry (one can dream), we need to grab Clowe or Horton (if Boston doesn't throw a buttload of cash at him)...Habs need a smashmouth Power Winger.

:laugh:

Horton and smash mouth in the same sentence is comical. He's been a big lamb his whole career except for his 1st year in Boston.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Would Vincent Lecavalier be a good addition to this year’s new-look Canadiens?

Tom Jones of the Tampa Bay Times thinks so.

“The Lecavalier-to-Montreal rumors have swirled for years, but this season they actually make sense,†Jones writes. “The Canadiens are surprisingly at the top of the Eastern Conference entering today, have salary cap wiggle room and might do anything to win a Cup for the first time in 20 years. Lecavalier would make them a serious contender.â€

Lecavalier, who turns 33 in April, would have to waive a no-trade clause. And the Canadiens would be taking on a monster contract. Lecavalier signed an 11-year, $85-million deal with the Lightning that still has seven years remaining with an annual cap hit of $7.72 million.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/03/03/lecavalier-trade-talk-heats-up-again-in-tampa/

As for shipping Lecavalier to Montreal, that ship sailed four years ago. The Canadiens have new ownership and management whose focus is on building around their own talent (Carey Price, P.K. Subban and Max Pacioretty), not bringing home an aging, expensive star.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/50372-Can-Tampa-find-a-taker-for-Lecavalier.html

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site

“The Lecavalier-to-Montreal rumors have swirled for years, but this season they actually make sense,” Jones writes. “The Canadiens are surprisingly at the top of the Eastern Conference entering today, have salary cap wiggle room and might do anything to win a Cup for the first time in 20 years. Lecavalier would make them a serious contender.”

Uh not they don't, not even close. Unless we can convince TB to pay 80% of his salary and keep the cap hit (not sure this can even be done).

Tom Jones should stick to singing

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
Would Vincent Lecavalier be a good addition to this year’s new-look Canadiens?

“The Lecavalier-to-Montreal rumors have swirled for years, but this season they actually make sense,” Jones writes. “The Canadiens are surprisingly at the top of the Eastern Conference entering today, have salary cap wiggle room and might do anything to win a Cup for the first time in 20 years. Lecavalier would make them a serious contender.”

Lecavalier, who turns 33 in April, would have to waive a no-trade clause. And the Canadiens would be taking on a monster contract. Lecavalier signed an 11-year, $85-million deal with the Lightning that still has seven years remaining with an annual cap hit of $7.72 million.

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/2013/03/03/lecavalier-trade-talk-heats-up-again-in-tampa/

Tom Jones can ****. Lecavalier along with his never ending contract has always been one of those Quebecois de souche who never wanted anything to do with our team.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
So you want one of Gallagher/Eller off the starting lineup? :help:

Maybe we have different views, but in my book both are locks if they continue this way.
Gallagher and Eller are really good, but the thing is that I'm no sure where exactly Eller should play. He has a lot of talent and has been more consistent as of lately but he's a center and those spots are locked (for now). The reason why I put him there is because he will most likely become a Winger if he stays with Montreal. I'd like to see Galchenyuk as center with Eller at his left or right, but Prust would have to go on 4th line and 2.5 is a bit expensive for a 4th liner, which is why I put the lineup like that lol.

So the third line would be Bickell - Galchenyuk - Eller

So we're going to get rid of one of Eller or Gallagher and have Galchenyuk centering Prust and Bickell? :help:
Where exactly would you put Galchenyuk? I'd love to put Plekanec as 3rd line center since he has a solid defence and he can get points with, most likely, any winger. Then Galchenyuk could be 2nd center and develop himself into a ****** machine that will make all his wingers produce.
Obviously that's without even considering that you want to offer a five year contract to a 4th line fighter with 20 NHL games so far in his career...
a two way contract NHL/AHL. The guy can skate and follow the game. He brings toughness AND he can protect our dwarfs from the Bruins, the Leafs, or any other scum team!
I'd give him a 1 year deal without even thinking twice about it
Same, haha :p

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
a two way contract NHL/AHL. The guy can skate and follow the game. He brings toughness AND he can protect our dwarfs from the Bruins, the Leafs, or any other scum team!

So you give him a five year contract but you don't mind the possibility of losing him on waivers when you send him to the AHL? What else is the point of the two way contract.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
So you give him a five year contract but you don't mind the possibility of losing him on waivers when you send him to the AHL? What else is the point of the two way contract.
No, I'd keep him on the starting lineup, or let him watch the game while eating some pizza just like Kaberle and Weber were/are doing, because he wouldn't be a problem and he can skate well and follow the game. I said to sign him up for NHL/AHL contract if, like you said, he can only fight. Thing is, the 5 year contract and the NHL/AHL contract are not related what so ever. One is my idea and second is a response for you.
With some players with some offensive ability?
Can you tell me who he's playing with right now? He was practicing this morning on the 4th line with White and Armstrong. Like that's better lol.

He's obviously going to be used as a Center, so he has to be in Center. If he were to become a Winger, might as well put him next Plekanec right now. So please, enlighten me because I seem to be missing some players that are good (offensively) on the team.

This is what the lineup would look like if Prust is on the 4th line (with the players I mentionned):

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Clarkson
Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bickell - Galchenyuk - Eller
Bordeleau - Lapierre - Prust
Extras: White / Dumont / Blunden / Who ever

The reason why I didn't put Prust on the 4th line in the first place is because I think he'd deserve to be on the third line and that he's actually expensive for a 4th liner.

someone to beat the **** out of lucic, thornton and orr.
Bickell and/or Bordeleau 8D!

Habsfannick

Jul 8, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
No, I'd keep him on the starting lineup, or let him watch the game while eating some pizza just like Kaberle and Weber were/are doing, because he wouldn't be a problem and he can skate well and follow the game. I said to sign him up for NHL/AHL contract if, like you said, he can only fight. Thing is, the 5 year contract and the NHL/AHL contract are not related what so ever. One is my idea and second is a response for you.

Can you tell me who he's playing with right now? He was practicing this morning on the 4th line with White and Armstrong. Like that's better lol.

He's obviously going to be used as a Center, so he has to be in Center. If he were to become a Winger, might as well put him next Plekanec right now. So please, enlighten me because I seem to be missing some players that are good (offensively) on the team.

This is what the lineup would look like if Prust is on the 4th line (with the players I mentionned):

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Clarkson
Bourque - Plekanec - Gallagher
Bickell - Galchenyuk - Eller
Bordeleau - Lapierre - Prust
Extras: White / Dumont / Blunden / Who ever

The reason why I didn't put Prust on the 4th line in the first place is because I think he'd deserve to be on the third line and that he's actually expensive for a 4th liner.

Bickell and/or Bordeleau 8D!

You just proved why we shouldn't sign desharnais because chuckie gets stuck on a third line with untalented players

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Perry would be neat. Although, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Clarkson, along with getting Boll in a trade.

As for the spot opened on our roster for next season, I'm starting to think we should let it opened for either one of Tinordi or Pateryn, whoever plays better at camp.

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Bourque - Plekanec - Clarkson (4 X 4.5M)
Eller - Galchenyuk - Gionta
Prust - Dumont/White - Boll

Markov - Emelin
Gorges - Subban
Pateryn - Diaz

Price
Tokarski

Pateryn can clear the crease. Clarkson, Prust, White/Dumont and Boll are a good group of aggressors who'll lay the body on the opposition game in and game out. Plus, Clarkson is, you know, capable of scoring 30 goals in the process and play a good 2 way game. Then you,ve got guys like Bourque, Gallagher, Subban, Pateryn and Emelin who are also a real pain in the ass. That lineup would be nasty, would have some depth at C (6 players capable of playing C in the lineup), capable defensively and capable of playing any kind of game. The backend has 2 physical brutes (Emelin/Pateryn), a two-way force in Subban, a couple of offense-oriented d-men in Markov and Diaz, and a good shots blocker guy in Gorges.

I wouldn't mind giving a 2nd rounder and Moen in a trade for Boll.
As for Pateryn, I'm more and more certain he's NHL bound next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad