Speculation: What do you think this team needs to win the cup?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Maybe insane, I hope, but AM has been a little mysterious this season, injured, lower scoring, just looks different than last season, less intense, less goal hungry.
He was exalted last season, basked in the glory of success, and it is possible that he reacts negatively to new leadership introduction.
Yes players would love ROR except 2. The guy pushed to Marlies and maybe one who feels pushed aside from his pedestal, maybe even bumped from Keefe's go to guy.
Don't give me the bs that all players and their egos can't get their noses out of joint. He is a pampered star from Arizona. It happens in all sports when the star has to share more of the spot light, whether it is Lebron, or OBJ. Dubas just told the core they are not good enough to win. This isn't bringing in Foligno who was no threat. ROR, is Ontario boy, who will take one of their salaries. This is a culture shift.
Hope I am wrong, but the room can affect people differently.
We shall see in the next week or so.
Seems my tv screen isn't nearly as insightful as yours.
What could ROR possibly take away from Matthews?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Goaltending, I mean I do not have faith right now, Can Murray be healthy and return to form?, Can Samsonov be the answer? guess we will find out.

Reactions: Buds17

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Goaltending, I mean I do not have faith right now, Can Murray be healthy and return to form?, Can Samsonov be the answer? guess we will find out.
This definitely has the biggest question mark attached to it among the three areas of the roster.

Reactions: glue and Cleetus

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Seems my tv screen isn't nearly as insightful as yours.
What could ROR possibly take away from Matthews?
Power in the room, some spotlights, attention of teammates, time with Keefe, dinner mates, special eat on the plane, the pecking order, just sayin, the addition of ROR can have Ripple effects. Acciari on the other hand only affects 1 guy and is a support to the dynamics of the core. ROR is thrust into the core.
I do not wish for this, just looking into Blackhawk game, and reduced effort and potential reasons.
if all you say is true there is a reason why some of our stars did not show up, when their enthusiasm for playing, getting playoff ready, the desire to dominate should be on a high.
There is something rotten in Denmark, and it is not just terrible goaltending and goaltending decisions.
We shall see tonight when we shuffle off to Buffalo.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Power in the room, some spotlights, attention of teammates, time with Keefe, dinner mates, special eat on the plane, the pecking order, just sayin, the addition of ROR can have Ripple effects. Acciari on the other hand only affects 1 guy and is a support to the dynamics of the core. ROR is thrust into the core.
I do not wish for this, just looking into Blackhawk game, and reduced effort and potential reasons.
if all you say is true there is a reason why some of our stars did not show up, when their enthusiasm for playing, getting playoff ready, the desire to dominate should be on a high.
There is something rotten in Denmark, and it is not just terrible goaltending and goaltending decisions.
We shall see tonight when we shuffle off to Buffalo.
We've seen that many times already this and past seasons before ROR was brought in.

You believe they should never bring players in because of this ripple effect?
Is this only exclusive to the Leafs or should other Teams avoid deadline additions?

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
We've seen that many times already this and past seasons before ROR was brought in.

You believe they should never bring players in because of this ripple effect?
Is this only exclusive to the Leafs or should other Teams avoid deadline additions?
Don't be an a??
Never said exclusive, never said it is fact only question the reaction and the fact big money leaders played like a piece of poop when you expect the opposite. Same thing happens in the first round of playoffs. We do not know about 2nd round because we don't get there.
With good time Charlie fans like you no wonder it is 55 yrs.
AM does not walk on water, nor does any other player.
If my concern is wrong what is the reason a 11m dollar player, when given another player on the team for great support in his effort for a Cup doesn't bother to show up the next day.
I have heard for 4 years they had to learn how to win..well start flippin learning.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Don't be an a??
Never said exclusive, never said it is fact only question the reaction and the fact big money leaders played like a piece of poop when you expect the opposite. Same thing happens in the first round of playoffs. We do not know about 2nd round because we don't get there.
If my concern is wrong what is the reason a 11m dollar player, when given another player on the team for great support in his effort for a Cup doesn't bother to show up the next day.
I have heard for 4 years they had to learn how to win..well start flippin learning.
You need to slow down, you really don't make any sense. :laugh:

Reactions: Sypher04

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Don't be an a??

What is mess? None of this makes any sense.

Mar 26, 2010
This Leaf team desperately needs a starting goalie. You already know that Vasilevskiy will be unbeatable In the playoffs. Shesterkin will also be dialed in. Don’t see any possible way the Leafs can win against any team in the playoffs With Murray or Sammy. Both are terrible.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
1 or 2 solid heavy dmen plus one more hard nosed forward - playoff winner ideally. This core still hasn’t convinced me they have they have any killer instinct, we’ll see, one can only hope

Sep 18, 2009
This Leaf team desperately needs a starting goalie. You already know that Vasilevskiy will be unbeatable In the playoffs. Shesterkin will also be dialed in. Don’t see any possible way the Leafs can win against any team in the playoffs With Murray or Sammy. Both are terrible.
Maybe rebuild from scratch

Get a real goalie and a real defenseman
and we cookin

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well ACC, if they get their asses kicked tonight I expect an explanation,

Read the chain. I was wondering if AM mailed it in against Hawks because his ego is bruised by ROR. He thinks he knows how to win!
We shall see.

That's completely ridiculous you think Auston Matthews is upset that his team got better?

What the actual f***? He's still on the top line ROR takes nothing from him.

What actually happened was that Sheldon Keefe decided for some f***ing reason to play a goalie who had the shits.

That's what actually happened.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
That's completely ridiculous you think Auston Matthews is upset that his team got better?

What the actual f***? He's still on the top line ROR takes nothing from him.

What actually happened was that Sheldon Keefe decided for some f***ing reason to play a goalie who had the shits.

That's what actually happened.
😴😴😴😴
Now goalie shits makes AM quit...now that is original.
I want the Leafs to win maybe more than most, but I expect 11m to show effort. He wants to be a leader, then fuc..n show it.
The only ridiculous comments are yours. Defending that type of effort is why 55 yrs happen.
Watch this game with #2 line showing up in first period, see if AM takes the challenge or sucks his thumb.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
😴😴😴😴
Now goalie shits makes AM quit...now that is original.
I want the Leafs to win maybe more than most, but I expect 11m to show effort. He wants to be a leader, then fuc..n show it.
The only ridiculous comments are yours. Defending that type of effort is why 55 yrs happen.
Watch this game with #2 line showing up in first period, see if AM takes the challenge or sucks his thumb.

So you expect Matthews to dominate every game.

It doesn't work that way for anybody. Personally I'm glad we have 2 lines that can carry the load that's a good thing.

It's called depth.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
So you expect Matthews to dominate every game.

It doesn't work that way for anybody. Personally I'm glad we have 2 lines that can carry the load that's a good thing.

It's called depth.
True about depth, but I am not talking dominate, but show up. 2 periods 0 shots, 0 points, looks 3rd line. His buddy Reilly has not been caught up ice once...very rare he stays home like that, not carrying the puck. By design? Iam not sure, but something is afoot Watson.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
True about depth, but I am not talking dominate, but show up. 2 periods 0 shots, 0 points, looks 3rd line. His buddy Reilly has not been caught up ice once...very rare he stays home like that, not carrying the puck. By design? Iam not sure, but something is afoot Watson.

No there isn't It's just the 2nd lines night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad