What do you think of our crowd this year?

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Where were the ushers and security to stop that from happening? If he was getting harrassed that much there's a text service to report that kind of BS.

m66m

Jun 14, 2011
Any way you slice it, we're in a terrible conference. Uninspiring, plodding crap which does not motivate the average fan to see more than once or twice. So the numbers will never be as great as year 1. I'm just thrilled to death that I wasn't one of the "lucky" ones to have acquired season tickets on that fateful day.

The thing is, Chipman is a businessman first with hockey somewhere down the list. He's just tripping over himself with glee for saving all that travel money.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Any way you slice it, we're in a terrible conference. Uninspiring, plodding crap which does not motivate the average fan to see more than once or twice. So the numbers will never be as great as year 1. I'm just thrilled to death that I wasn't one of the "lucky" ones to have acquired season tickets on that fateful day.

The thing is, Chipman is a businessman first with hockey somewhere down the list. He's just tripping over himself with glee for saving all that travel money.

Citation needed. Ah what the hell, I'll save you the time:

http://www.canadiangeographic.ca/blog/posting.asp?ID=899

Interestingly, Winnipeg won’t see much difference in frequent flyer miles from switching conferences. “Believe it or not, the travel benefits to Winnipeg are minimal at best,†says Daly. When they played in the Eastern Conference, the Jets’ schedule was maximized so they’d play clusters of eastern-based teams on road trips, and those clusters are geographically closer than the Western Conference clubs they’ll now face.

JetsFlyHigh

Aug 5, 2012
Crowd is definitely quieter. No chants this year, no booing the opposition, goal cheers are toned down, the "Go Jets Go" before the anthems are quieter.

MTS Centre is the smallest rink in the NHL, without the noise our home ice is just another plain and boring NHL ice rink, might as well make it special and be loud.

Overall it's been disappointing.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Where were the ushers and security to stop that from happening? If he was getting harrassed that much there's a text service to report that kind of BS.

The ushers won't do anything. Saw tonight where a drunk guy crawling over people
and grabbing a woman and the usher wouldn't help. It took security over 15 mins.
to even come to the section.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Was in attendance last night and after that one shift the Jets had where they were blasting away from the point, I was brought back to Year 1 of the Jets return. The electricity was incredible in the building and everyone was kind of looking around like "Holy smokes, who is this team? Where did they come from? What is this...excitement...we feel?"

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
Was in attendance last night and after that one shift the Jets had where they were blasting away from the point, I was brought back to Year 1 of the Jets return. The electricity was incredible in the building and everyone was kind of looking around like "Holy smokes, who is this team? Where did they come from? What is this...excitement...we feel?"
Same. That was a well deserved standing ovation.

That team needs to show up game in and game out. The general consensus is people don't mind losing (a few games) but if the effort is there it makes it bearable. It's the lack of effort games that really piss people off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad