What do you suit up in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Pads: 32" Brian's Demons (int)-I love these pads, Ibarely need a stick with these-nothing gets under them-big rebounds though
Glove: Vaughn T4040-so old its too hard to rate- (should be getting my vapor in jan.) :handclap:
Blocker: TPS Bionic int. Durability sucks-my finger-guards broke from the fingers in a year-all of them-Super light though-very comfortable
Skates: Bauer 3000-light, durable, comfortable-cant complain
Mask: Eddy Tusk-great, but hard shots to head tend to unbutton the straps.
Pants: McKennys-love them except whenever I getup, my thigh boards get stuck under them, so im always flexing my knees during games.
Chest protector: TPS Icecap(need a new one)- comfortable, just got too small-looking into getting a new one.

hotgoalie11565

Jun 5, 2004
Farmington, Minnesota
Wow. Cool that there are so many goalies out there. Here's the rundown on my stuff.

Mask-Badger Elite w/cateye cage

C/A- All I know for sure is that it's really old. I think it's a CSS. But I've done a lot of modifications to it. I've added shoulder flaps and a throat collar. It was also set up for a right handed goalie. So being left handed, I moved the forearm pad to the left arm.

Blocker- ITech X Factor 4.8

Catcher- Vaughn Legacy T2000. I paid $75 for it new. It has some fugly coloring to it; (White with gold and navy trim). A couple of years ago I added a skate lace pocket to it.

Pants- Victoriaville

Pads- Heaton Helite III. I've also modded these to no end. Since I got them I've added knee lifts, thighboards, outer calf protection and a second boot strap.

Skates- Bauer Reactor 1000. These I won on ebay last season for $100. Great skates for the money.

Stick- Bauer Supreme 7000 Cujo pattern. My backup is a Sher Wood 9950 Thibault pattern. They are both foam injected, and I find them to be more durable than wood sticks. But I think my next stick is going to be a Sher Wood Vokoun pattern. That one just feels really good to me.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Helmet: Jofa Gretzky model, most of the time. Also have a 1983 CCM, but rarely wear it (too heavy and hot).

Elbow pads: Canadians, circa 1983. Need to tape the straps on, but otherwise I still like them better than anything new I've tried.

Pants: Rarely wear them, but own a pair made by Hesspelar (sp.).

Gloves: Bauer 3000's. Love 'em.

Skates: Bauer 100's, Daoust 501's, but I just borrowed a pair of Nike V12's, so I may upgrade. I hate the new skates, they look stupid, but if they fit...

Stick: Christian Bros. (yes, they are back in business), Sher-Wood 5030 (Coffey pattern), and an Easton 2-piece piece of crap a kid gave me for free. I'm old-school, so wood is really the only stick for me, although I've tried a couple of 2-=piece sticks that were OK, so maybe I'll try to switch to that. But I will NEVER spend $180 on a hockey stick! I played in high school with $9 sticks!

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Helmet-Navy Bauer 4000
Skates-Nike V9's
Pants-Pair of older high level bauers
Shoulder pads-Old, skimpy Itech pads
Elbow pads-crappy F2 Hespelers
Shin Pads-crappy F2 Hespelers
Stick-Sherwood 5030 Crosby curve
Gloves-Dirt cheap Vic gloves

jiggs 10 said:
Stick: Christian Bros. (yes, they are back in business), Sher-Wood 5030 (Coffey pattern), and an Easton 2-piece piece of crap a kid gave me for free. I'm old-school, so wood is really the only stick for me, although I've tried a couple of 2-=piece sticks that were OK, so maybe I'll try to switch to that. But I will NEVER spend $180 on a hockey stick! I played in high school with $9 sticks!

That is so funny. Half the forwards on my team absolutely swear by the Coffey curve on the 5030s. I've heard more than one mention that if there was a one-piece composite with a Coffey curve they'd pay ridiculous cash to get their hands on it.

icelord6

Oct 14, 2004
Pads- CCM Blockade Turek pro-return, mmmm so light and seal the five hole amazingly. Would only trade for a set of RBK'S or custom V-2's
Catcher- CCM Blockade, stock. Also very light, got one stinger in 5 months with it.
Blocker- CCM Blockade, stock. Aagin, light, haven't felt a thing through it. I'll never go back to a thick blocker.
Chest protector- Don Simmons Matrix. Pretty much a carbon copy of the Koho 590, but protects just as well.
Mask- Don Simmons Matrix CSA approved. Nice mask for the pricem, but once it cracks, HELLLLLLOOO SPORTMASK!
Pants- TPS GP7, nothing special, good set, I'd rather have the Bauer Supreme pros or CCM Blockade pro.
Skates- Bauer 1000's, I'm getting Graf 750's pretty soon.
Sticks- Koho 590, Nurminen pro- pattern with a trigger grip and a stock CCM Heaton 10, Broduer curve.
Jock- Koho 490, want the Koho pro.

IkeaMonkey*

icelord6 said:
Would only trade for a set of RBK'S or custom V-2's

Are the V-2's the Vapor 2's?? I've heard about them, but havent seen em.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm primarily a roller hockey players....so:

Helmet: CCM HG652 with an Itech RBE 1 half-shield

Elbow pads: Easton Ultra-lite

Pants: CCM Maverick

Shinguards: Vic

Gloves: Eagle X 70

Skates: Nike HiHo Silver

Girdle: CCM 452

Stick: Easton Synergy (Yzerman pattern)

canadahockeygirl*

nurminen31 said:
Blocker: TPS Bionic int. Durability sucks-my finger-guards broke from the fingers in a year-all of them-Super light though-very comfortable

Did you do something to make them break, or was it just the glove?

I've had a set special-ordered to fit my hands (yet be big enough to actually block stuff) and match my pads, but I don't want to waste the money on a piece of **** product.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
HokEGoalie said:
Are the V-2's the Vapor 2's?? I've heard about them, but havent seen em.
The V2 is a Vaughn Pad-the Vapor2s look exactly like the Vapor ones-hit stores in March-only to get Vapor 2 stuff is to customize it( :handclap: my gloves coming in jan. ;) )

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
canadahockeygirl said:
Did you do something to make them break, or was it just the glove?

I've had a set special-ordered to fit my hands (yet be big enough to actually block stuff) and match my pads, but I don't want to waste the money on a piece of **** product.
No-they just broke on their own-some Bionics have like a forward glove in them for the hand-kinda weird. My only problem with it is those broken finger starps-everything else is awsome-wouldnt be hard to so them back on, but I dont feel like doing that, and its not noticable at all.

IkeaMonkey*

nurminen31 said:
The V2 is a Vaughn Pad-the Vapor2s look exactly like the Vapor ones-hit stores in March-only to get Vapor 2 stuff is to customize it( :handclap: my gloves coming in jan. ;) )

Ahhhhhh thanks for explaining that. I have been interested in the Vapor line for quite a while. I hope to pick up a set of the pads when I get my tax return.

Do you know how much the customization would cost? Would I need it done directly through Bauer or could I go to a Bauer dealer?

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
HokEGoalie said:
Ahhhhhh thanks for explaining that. I have been interested in the Vapor line for quite a while. I hope to pick up a set of the pads when I get my tax return.

Do you know how much the customization would cost? Would I need it done directly through Bauer or could I go to a Bauer dealer?
I saw one of the Bauer reps at a tournament in September and have been in contact with her and ordered my Vapor 2 glov the othr night-theyre not really making any more original vapors.
About the cost-there is no upcharge for customization :handclap: but it is an expensive glove at 399. I was really interested in the Vapor stuff when I heard about it, and I needed a new glove, so I did some research and tried the glove on a couple different times and decided to get it. Hopefully Bauer will continue to improve its goalie equipment(I tied on some Supreme stuff last year and didnt like it) but it looks like theyve finally made the jump into the boxy square flat equipment era.

IkeaMonkey*

$399 for the glove?! Every site/catelog I've gotten has em from $175-225...

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
HokEGoalie said:
$399 for the glove?! Every site/catelog I've gotten has em from $175-225...
Probobly because I had to get it directly from Bauer-so I guess technically there is no upcharge for custom but rather, you have to pay the real price rather than having a stock one marked down by a retailer.

IkeaMonkey*

Whoa! Now i'm checking the stock prices from various sites and they are $330-$350...I dont get the sudden hike in prices...

Murphy*

HokEGoalie said:
Pants or gloves??? Either way you got ripped :x
Skates....And I think the regular price was 200-250$...so no...I didnt get ripped....

IkeaMonkey*

Ahhhhhhh I was gonna say....I picked up some Mission Warp pants for $30 and I know the gloves sell for $50.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
well..they're crap...:D...lol....seriously...the warp stuff, is like bottom of the line mission gear. I've personally had a lot of problems with the skates this year and a lot of returns. I don't suggest them at all to customers, at least I try not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad