What do you expect from Anderson/Bjorkstrand/Milano

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
It's really hard to see Bjorkstrand scoring 35. He's not nearly quick enough to get in position to shoot that much. Even with a 15% shooting percentage, I don't see it. Anderson could have scored 25 already if he stayed with better linemates and got PP time. 25 is not that hard to do with that skill set.

35 is a lot of goals, and significantly more than 25. But, if you can say that 25 is "not that hard to do" with "that" skillset that Anderson has, then I guess I'll say that 35 "is not that hard to do" with Bjorkstrands skillset. You are significantly overplaying how "bad" Bjorkstrands "skating" is. Not to mention he will most certainly mature physically and get stronger, which will most certainly help him on the ice, in the NHL. Also not to mention that before his 1st full year this past year, he had played less than 40 NHL games.

You people need to start "looking at" Anderson as (and hoping he begins to play) more like a better Tom Wilson, not as a "poor man's" Ovechkin.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
He missed 19 games...

Jesus Bus get a grip

And he scored 19 which is less than 20. Cant argue the "facts", right??

And thank you. Just highlights the hypocrisy that exists here regarding injuries and different players.

The point is (IMO) we have a big group of people who continuously significantly overrate Anderson's offensive ability, at least currently.

Not to mention MANY of these people claim that "the game" is "moving away" from the type of player that (IMO:eyeroll:) Anderson is.

Reactions: CBJFan827

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Josh Anderson 35-45 points a year, scoring around 15-20 goals.
= Tom Wilson

Bjorkstrand 40-50 points a year, scoring around 20-25 goals.
=Nino Neiderreiter

Milano 30-40 points a year, 10-15 goals (if he pans out)
=honestly don’t see him sticking

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
And he scored 19 which is less than 20. Cant argue the "facts", right??

And thank you. Just highlights the hypocrisy that exists here regarding injuries and different players.

The point is (IMO) we have a big group of people who continuously significantly overrate Anderson's offensive ability, at least currently.

Not to mention MANY of these people claim that "the game" is "moving away" from the type of player that (IMO:eyeroll:) Anderson is.

Well, Anderson checks.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Just want to bring up the fact that I said the following on Feb 22nd 2018...

"Superstar Josh Anderson has 3 goals in his last 21 games. Does he even get 20 on the year?"
He had 17 goals on that date, and played 4 more games the rest of the season, scoring 2 goals in those 4 games. Safe to say he would've hit 20.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
He had 17 goals on that date, and played 4 more games the rest of the season, scoring 2 goals in those 4 games. Safe to say he would've hit 20.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Remember, that was a response to you "accepting" a "bet" that I'm sure you feel would be a "sure thing".

I said what I said, when I said it. And it happened.

"Safe to say he would've", don't cut it. Why is the fact that he missed games used as an excuse, while its the primary/only reason why people have expressed many times WHY they think the team should move on from Ryan Murray?

So I take it this "bet" is gonna have an "injury clause" in there? NO deal.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Safe to say he would've hit 20.

And to highlight this a bit more.

At the time, the FACT is, he HAD 3 goals in his last 21 games.

So NO, I do not think it is "accurate" to say, "safe to say he would've hit 20"......

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Anderson is by far the best of the 3. He has won at every level he ever played and been a key player. He has only improved his stats every year. Plays CBJ style hockey. Great skater and finisher. Can play physical but has went more skill and is a fantastic finisher. Gets little PP time but still scores towards the higher end for our team in goals. If it wasnt for missing 1/4 the season likely would have been 26ish goals. Could be a 50pt 30g player for us.

Milano if he can be more careful with the puck and make the basic plays can be a more playmaking/less defensive Atkinson. Just really needs to keep it simple and play with a C like Tex or Fouty when ready... someone with his speed and skill that can finish.

Bjorkstrand needs to get out of his own head. End of the year he was much better. Again he needs a playmaking C... Wennberg has the chance to be just that with the bounce back.

It sucks that the 3 of our 4 best F goal scorers are RW. All 3 can hit 30 IMO but all being RW likely ends up Cam 30 on the top with Panarin and PLD, Bjorkstrand or Anderson with 25 on Wennbergs line and the other around 20. Milano with the right C could be a 25/25 guy it is just he is the hard one to pair. We all know his skills with the puck and I think he has only improved since getting big club minutes. I do think he has the biggest chance to bust though or be moved for upgrade.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
35 is a lot of goals, and significantly more than 25. But, if you can say that 25 is "not that hard to do" with "that" skillset that Anderson has, then I guess I'll say that 35 "is not that hard to do" with Bjorkstrands skillset. You are significantly overplaying how "bad" Bjorkstrands "skating" is. Not to mention he will most certainly mature physically and get stronger, which will most certainly help him on the ice, in the NHL. Also not to mention that before his 1st full year this past year, he had played less than 40 NHL games.

You people need to start "looking at" Anderson as (and hoping he begins to play) more like a better Tom Wilson, not as a "poor man's" Ovechkin.

This is what pretty much everyone says about Anderson. I don't know where you got a different idea. 25 goals is not Ovechkin lite.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
So I take it this "bet" is gonna have an "injury clause" in there? NO deal.
Bjork would have to more than triple his goal output from this year to hit 35. Yeah, I'll still take the bet and give you 5-1 odds. I think it's certainly possible that Bjork hits 35 in his career, but that may not be for a few years, and Andy may hit 25 this coming year.
And to highlight this a bit more.

At the time, the FACT is, he HAD 3 goals in his last 21 games.

So NO, I do not think it is "accurate" to say, "safe to say he would've hit 20"......
And after you posted that he scored two goals in four games. So you're saying you wouldn't have trusted him to score one goal in the remaining 19 games. Gotcha.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Without Torts, Anderson tops William Karlsson, that's a FACT.

Well since you put fact in all-caps it might be accurate. People use fact and they don't seem to understand what the word means.

I think we're trying to determine which of the players is "better". A useless endeavor. Anderson is pretty solid and can probably get to around 30 goals. Karlsson is this thing we like to call a center, which makes the comparison less relevant. Even in the postseason, with a more reasonable shot percentage, he was still on a pace for a 28 goal season. Pretty good for the postseason (you should read this as outstanding), when the competition is higher.

Half the time I have no idea what our goals are around here. Are we trying to tear down Karlsson to feel better about losing him? Anderson is a pretty good player and I'm happy to have him. Karlsson is probably going to face some type of correction this season. We'll see what that is. Vegas has had a small turnover and they didn't face a lot of injuries with the forwards.

Reactions: Mac DeMarco

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
But you said this without knowledge that Anderson was going to miss the final 19 games.

What can I say.... I'm good.

Well since you put fact in all-caps it might be accurate. People use fact and they don't seem to understand what the word means.

I think we're trying to determine which of the players is "better". A useless endeavor.

It was a sarcastic multi-layered "joke".

The "without Torts" is a nod towards people who hate everything Torts and think "things" would somehow get magically better immediately. The "Anderson tops Karlsson" is a nod towards people who (Imo) continuously significantly overrate Anderson. You seemed to have "gotten" the "that's a FACT" part.

Karlsson > Anderson

How bout this 1 too, Jenner > Anderson

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

It was a sarcastic multi-layered "joke".

The "without Torts" is a nod towards people who hate everything Torts and think "things" would somehow get magically better immediately. The "Anderson tops Karlsson" is a nod towards people who (Imo) continuously significantly overrate Anderson. You seemed to have "gotten" the "that's a FACT" part.

Karlsson > Anderson

How bout this 1 too, Jenner > Anderson

There you are again, pinning player against player, for no real reason. Nobody is mentioning Jenner nor William Karlsson. Yet you're using them (both 30 goal scorers with more NHL games than him), to knock down Anderson. Why? Not sure. He, Bob, Werenski, Wennberg, and Nutivaara just aren't your guys.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
There you are again, pinning player against player, for no real reason. Nobody is mentioning Jenner nor William Karlsson. Yet you're using them (both 30 goal scorers with more NHL games than him), to knock down Anderson. Why? Not sure. He, Bob, Werenski, Wennberg, and Nutivaara just aren't your guys.

:eyeroll:

This entire board is FULL of (as you put it) "pinning player against player". As it should be. I'm not "knocking down" Anderson by saying I think other guys are "better", either as a whole, or at certain things.

I have zero issues with Anderson, Werenski and Nutivaara being on the CBJ. I "talked up" Nutivaara from the "beginning".

I don't want and don't think Wennberg should be the teams 2nd line center. And I don't think its in the teams best interest to be giving Bob a 6.5-7-8-9 million cap hit. It made more sense 2-3-4 years ago.

Korpisalo (and the others/Elvis) is ready...

OH, you think he sucks!!?? THE HUMANITY!!!

:silly:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
:eyeroll:

This entire board is FULL of (as you put it) "pinning player against player". As it should be. I'm not "knocking down" Anderson by saying I think other guys are "better", either as a whole, or at certain things.

I have zero issues with Anderson, Werenski and Nutivaara being on the CBJ. I "talked up" Nutivaara from the "beginning".

I don't want and don't think Wennberg should be the teams 2nd line center. And I don't think its in the teams best interest to be giving Bob a 6.5-7-8-9 million cap hit. It made more sense 2-3-4 years ago.

Korpisalo (and the others/Elvis) is ready...

OH, you think he sucks!!?? THE HUMANITY!!!

:silly:

You most certainly do knock down those guys. Even when Anderson was hot at the start of the year, when most people were optimistic and happy about his performance, you were there saying he wasn't very good. You advocated trading him multiple times, saying he's not important.

Korpisalo's stats and "eye test" say all that needs to be said.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Look, you didn’t say that you expected him to miss time due to injury. If you had made that specific claim then I would ask to see your crystal ball.

All you said at that time was that it’s possible that he wouldn't score 20. At this particular time you were making the claim that if he played out the remaining games that he might not hit 20 goals because he only scored 3 goals out of his last 21 games. After you made this claim he scored 2 in 4 games.

If this had been game #78 with Anderson having 17 goals, you would not have made the claim that he wouldn't hit 20 goals. Because that would have been a rather obvious claim to make.

elmariachi227

Aug 27, 2012
Cleveland
I expect Anderson to be pretty much the same except stay off the injured list. I don't really think he needs to improve in a lot of areas.

I want Bjorkstrand to get better at moving the puck into good scoring areas.

I want Milano to start playing like he is confident he knows what he's supposed to be doing.

I don't know if Bjork or Milano will get enough ice time (or the right line mates) to figure those things out, though.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad