What do you expect from Anderson/Bjorkstrand/Milano

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
They're not teenagers (by a long shot) any more. They have different lengths of NHL service and different styles of play, but they are, with Wennberg, coming into what might be their prime years, and they're, IMO, crazy important to the team this coming season.

So, what do you expect? Feel free to be as specific as you want or as broad as you want. Feel free to differentiate between what happens to them each if Panarin is here or if he's gone. Feel free to assess Wennberg, too, but please try to offer something new on the subject.

I left out Duclair just because these other guys are ones we've watched throughout our system.

It might not be much of a topic, but maybe it will help get us to prospect polls.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I expect Bjorkstrand to score at least 20 goals this next season consistently on Wennberg's wing. His assists will depend on how much PP time he gets and who ends up on the LW of that line. He could break 50 points.

I think Anderson will miss some games this season, but still score 17-18 goals and 30-35 points. I disagree that he's pivotal to our successes this year. Nutivaara/Werenski/Dubois' performance and health are probably more important (that's not the topic of this thread, however). He'll give solid middle six production, but not much more.

Milano will bounce in and out of the lineup (not health related), but plays 50-55 games and put up about 12-15 goals and 25 points. However, if Panarin is traded later in the season, Milano turns on another gear after the trade deadline, gets a shot with Dubois and Atkinson on the top line, and puts up 14 points in the last 10 games (maybe 30-35 total). HFCBJ explodes with whether or not it's a fluke going into his contract negotiations next summer

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think Anderson will be a solid 3rd line guy with 15=20 goals depending on how many games he plays.

I project Bjorkstrand as having a breakout season with 60 points or more. He was quietly 5th on the team in terms of points. He only had 11 goals which I think should at least double. This is of course reliant upon him being mostly healthy.

No idea how Milano will do. This is a make or break season for him so it will be interesting to see if he puts in a ton of work in the offseason or not. I also have no idea about how the coaches will use him. I anticipate that he will make the NHL roster out of camp but beyond that I have no clue.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Those three could be anywhere, I have no expectations. The sky is actually the limit on Milano if he can stay on the ice and become a bit more selfish. Seriously good shot. OB is just coming into his own, but I do expect some type of improvement out of him. I'm not sure that translates into more ice time.

Honestly those guys feel like, to me, a bit like the Three Stooges. They seem resistant to substantive progress in their development.

I'm not surprised where Milano is at, he was always going to be the real project of that group. I also think he has the most upside.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
A couple weeks ago I did point predictions, assuming specific roles, to try and get a sense of the overall scoring punch of this group. These predictions only pertain to these players in these slots in the lineup:

PanarinDuboisAtkinson
G263230
A592928
P856158
JennerWennbergBjorkstrand
G231117
A184529
P415646
FolignoNashAnderson
G131321
A212515
P343836
MilanoDubinskyHannikainen
G12911
A9188
P212719
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

With a little more realism, ice time is going to be an issue. With Duclair thrown in, it slightly lowers point expectations for all three of them (and completely erases Hannikainen). If Panarin is traded, it raises Milano's expected output big time. It really is mostly about ice time for Milano. I think he's got good upside.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Anderson: 20g 20a 40p

I think he’ll continue his upward trajectory. I don’t tbink he’s cut out for top-line duty, but should get 15+ minutes a night. A third line of Foligno-Nash-Anderson could be real dynamic imo. He should be getting some time on PK too.

Bjorkstrand: 20g 30a 50p

He quietly put up 40 points last season, and his underlying numbers suggest he has much more untapped offensive potential. I think he’ll slot in on the second line with Jenner-Wennberg. He’ll get more PP opportunities with the departure of Vanek, too.

Milano: 15g 20a 35p

Milano’s a wildcard. It’s all about utilization with him, and I don’t see a spot in the top-9 for him to take unless he proves he can play an all around game WHILE contributing offense. I think he’ll slot in on the fourth line with Dubinsky and Duclair, which scares the living daylight out of me. He has the skill to score 50+ points, but I don’t see that realistically happening. He’ll probably be on the 2nd PP unit, though, which will help pad some of his stats.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think Anderson has a better season this year simply because he's not going to be starting the year with a distraction. He's gonna be with the team all camp and just like everyone else, he wants to be as high in the lineup as possible getting all the TOI he can get. When he gets those wheels moving he's a hard mofo to stop.

Reactions: The Wheelchair

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I think Anderson has a better season this year simply because he's not going to be starting the year with a distraction. He's gonna be with the team all camp and just like everyone else, he wants to be as high in the lineup as possible getting all the TOI he can get. When he gets those wheels moving he's a hard mofo to stop.

IIRC Anderson started off the 2017 pretty hot

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
A total crap shoot imo. Depends on how Torts utilizes them. Milano as a 4th liner is a waste of offensive potential. If Panarin is gone that could help Milano play higher up in the lineup depending on what he is dealt for. Duclair, if he plays well, is a wild card who could send Milano to Cleveland or the press box.

My hope is for Bjorkstrand to hit 50+, Anderson 40+ and Milano to get the chance to either produce or be sent packing somewhere.

Reactions: CBJFan827

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I expect Bjorkstrand to score at least 20 goals this next season consistently on Wennberg's wing. His assists will depend on how much PP time he gets and who ends up on the LW of that line. He could break 50 points.

I think Anderson will miss some games this season, but still score 17-18 goals and 30-35 points

Milano will bounce in and out of the lineup (not health related), but plays 50-55 games and put up about 12-15 goals and 25 points. However, if Panarin is traded later in the season, Milano turns on another gear after the trade deadline, gets a shot with Dubois and Atkinson on the top line, and puts up 14 points in the last 10 games (maybe 30-35 total). HFCBJ explodes with whether or not it's a fluke going into his contract negotiations next summer
As predictions go, this looks like a believable crystal ball look.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
A couple weeks ago I did point predictions, assuming specific roles, to try and get a sense of the overall scoring punch of this group. These predictions only pertain to these players in these slots in the lineup:

PanarinDuboisAtkinson
G263230
A592928
P856158
JennerWennbergBjorkstrand
G231117
A184529
P415646
FolignoNashAnderson
G131321
A212515
P343836
MilanoDubinskyHannikainen
G12911
A9188
P212719
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
With a little more realism, ice time is going to be an issue. With Duclair thrown in, it slightly lowers point expectations for all three of them (and completely erases Hannikainen). If Panarin is traded, it raises Milano's expected output big time. It really is mostly about ice time for Milano. I think he's got good upside.
This was pretty good and I feel guilty making any contrary guess since we all are speculating. That said....

I like most of this. Many are expecting more of Anderson but I think he'll produce similar to last year. Remember that for part of the year he played with Bread.

Agree Sonny could score more with Bread gone he will move up in the line up. Hopefully Torts can grin and bear some of the shortcomings in exchange for the offensive upside.

I see the Captain producing the Boone numbers and vice verse. And love PLD but I don't see him hitting over 25, even with Bread alongside.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I agree with @MoeBartoli: I see Dubois flirting with 50 points again, Foligno breaking 40 in a middle six + PP role, and Nutivaara nearly breaking 30 points for us. This based on gut feelings and crystal ball projections about two weeks ago, so take it with a grain of salt.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I agree with @MoeBartoli: I see Dubois flirting with 50 points again, Foligno breaking 40 in a middle six + PP role, and Nutivaara nearly breaking 30 points for us. This based on gut feelings and crystal ball projections about two weeks ago, so take it with a grain of salt.

Let's try and keep this focused on Andy, Bjork and Sonny everyone. Thanks.

(No worries, 827, just maybe one thread could stay on topic...)

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I expect a lot from Bjorkstrand but probably not as much from Anderson as others. I could honestly see 25 goals 50+ points from Bjork. With Andy I feel like hes not playing the game the way that got him to the NHL, hes acting like hes more of a skill guy then he is. But still could be around 20 goals.
Milano has tons of potential in my opinion but likely will never get a chance to show it with Torts and adding Duclair likely pushes him down another spot

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Anderson is one of my favorite players, but I think the expectations for him on this board are a little high. I think hes a very good 3rd liner who can fill in on the 2nd line. He has still more to give, but I think he benefited alot by playing with Panarin. I think he'll be around 20 goals again, with around 10-15 assists. Not a regression, but kind of stagnant.

Milano is the question. I don't know if he makes the team, and if he does it will likely be like last year when he's in and out of the lineup. I'll say around 12 goals and 10 assists.

Bjorkstrand is the real wild card and the one they will lean on most to improve. He needs to give more. I know his stats look good from last season but it just didn't feel like he gave that much. I don't know if he has the extra gear to do it. Not to derail the thread, but people don't think Wennberg has that extra gear either, and they will likely be on the same line together. Wennberg is passive in the sense that when he has the puck he only looks to pass. Bjorkstrand is the kind of passive where if he doesn't have the puck, he doesn't mind, but doesn't really do anything else. He's just sort of there. He needs to want the puck more. I'll guess 20 goals 20 assists.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I see the Captain producing the Boone numbers and vice verse. And love PLD but I don't see him hitting over 25, even with Bread alongside.

With the Captain and Boone, I think the one to get the bigger numbers will be the one who plays with Wennberg. Foligno is used as more of a utility guy, while Boone seems more dependent on Wennberg, so I think he'll get those minutes and score more as a result. I don't think Boone's all that.

PLD has a great heavy shot, and he plays with one of the league's best assist-men. And if he gets enough PP minutes in the net-front position, I think he could even hit 35 goals next year.

and Nutivaara nearly breaking 30 points for us. This based on gut feelings and crystal ball projections about two weeks ago, so take it with a grain of salt.

I say give Nuti the second unit PP job, and move Werenski up to the halfwall on PP1. Nuti has so much more than we are using. Both of those guys have great shots. With some PP time I'd expect Nuti to top 30 points. Without PP time it would be very hard to reach 30.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Anderson is one of my favorite players, but I think the expectations for him on this board are a little high. I think hes a very good 3rd liner who can fill in on the 2nd line. He has still more to give, but I think he benefited alot by playing with Panarin. I think he'll be around 20 goals again, with around 10-15 assists. Not a regression, but kind of stagnant.

Milano is the question. I don't know if he makes the team, and if he does it will likely be like last year when he's in and out of the lineup. I'll say around 12 goals and 10 assists.

Bjorkstrand is the real wild card and the one they will lean on most to improve. He needs to give more. I know his stats look good from last season but it just didn't feel like he gave that much. I don't know if he has the extra gear to do it. Not to derail the thread, but people don't think Wennberg has that extra gear either, and they will likely be on the same line together. Wennberg is passive in the sense that when he has the puck he only looks to pass. Bjorkstrand is the kind of passive where if he doesn't have the puck, he doesn't mind, but doesn't really do anything else. He's just sort of there. He needs to want the puck more. I'll guess 20 goals 20 assists.

I am not here to stir the pot, but I don't think ypu can expect much more from a guy like OB, with the Toi he had.

He could shoot more ofc.

But he is 7th in the NHL in pts, for players playing less than 15mins a game.

View media item 2645
eiqidf.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad