What do you do for work?

Northofyu

Nov 12, 2018
Eclectic career so far, ie master of nothing!

Started off trading commodity futures, then projects & project mgt all over the map.

For guitar lovers, was just checking out my cuz's 1960's Telecaster - immaculate condition.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
Same here, slightly over 2 years now.
Got my designation and working as a senior now.

People ask me if I like it.... honestly I have no idea. Love hate is a good way to describe it haha.
I actually am passionate about the type of work but the pay just isn’t comparable to other jobs until a few years in. I guess I look at it as an apprenticeship in a way. We get to start working right after undergrad but you need 30 months minimum to be licensed.

Anyways, one of my friends who also got an accounting degree (thanks in large part to my help) is making 2x my salary as a recruiter which made me just a bit jealous haha.

Shooter14

57 years now and still hoping.
Feb 5, 2018
I used to model condoms. Now I go door to door selling sponges and curtain shower rings. I also just finished writing a golf book titled " How to line up for your fourth putt" It should be released soon just in time for the golf season.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Retired injured veteran

Thank you for your service.

A buddy of mine many years ago was injured while serving.

His mom , who is a bit dramatic, was telling people, before he got home from service, he was wounded in action. He was a close friend from my childhood and one of my best friends, I was clearly frantic about his condition. I didn't want to ask his mom about the details because I didn't want to upset her. All she would say was he was hurt in action, he was wounded in action. His mom did tell me he's coming home, thinking the worst, I swore to myself I would be there for him to help him recover. I think it was around a month later, I get a phone call that he was home, so I rushed over to his house, thinking the worst. I go in, he's in bed, his arm heavily wrapped, his shoulder in a brace... I'm thinking IED, shot in the shoulder, so me being the corny person I am, I started to crack jokes about him being Rambo trying to save the world, hoping to bring his spirits up... he looks at me seriously and says, What the F did my Mom tell you? I tell him she told me you were wounded in action, not much else... he looks at me with disgust and says.. "I wasn't wounded in action, I slipped and fell in the shower messing up my elbow, shoulder and scraping up my arm pretty bad..." he was lucky, he came out of the service with a story and many years of rehab.

I make a point of donating to the Wounded Warrior fund every year because I believe if you are going to serve to protect my way of life, I owe you guys some sort of thank you. If I see a military person in a restaurant I will pay for their breakfast/lunch/dinner. Once again thank you for your service.

Reactions: nofehr

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
I'm a janitor at a local university, but I feel like I'm a lot smarter than everyone there. Like sometimes I'll find like a half finished equation on some blackboard and I'll just figure it out right there.

Do you like apples?

Reactions: Petrouth

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
This has turned out to be an enjoyable and refreshingly funny thread, THANK YOU.

edit: any journeyman power-linemen around these parts?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Nice!
I still do punkrock (specifically skatepunk)
Love it too much to do anything else, tho I always try incorporate other things to it. Currently have to start fresh on my 3rd band lol this one will be more metal influenced.

Still love my ska. Play a bunch as warm-up

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I am a professional bad message board poster.

Same here, slightly over 2 years now.
Got my designation and working as a senior now.

People ask me if I like it.... honestly I have no idea. Love hate is a good way to describe it haha.

Assume its mostly hate at this time of year. Definitely don't miss my public audit days but its worth it in the long run (I think).

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
upload_2020-2-11_15-58-17.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad