Speculation: What do we do with with Lee and Eberle?

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I mean we don't know what they will do in terms of production this year and Lee's value is at a all time high and Eberle (at the moment) is worth just about what he is getting now (maybe a slight raise) what would you do as of today?

Sign them both
Sign just Eberle
Sign just Lee
Trade them both.

I am worried about Lee's production maybe falling (should I be?) off a bit and teams seeing he as a "product of Tavares". I think I would trade him sooner than later. With that being said I really like Lee , I just don't think his return will get any higher and I just can't see us signing him for the term or money he will be looking for.

When it comes to Eberle, I just don't see it hurting us much to hold on to him til the deadline or possibly resigning him.

Thoughts?

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Lee is not tradeable, probably a guy that gets the A on his shirt and part of the structure, I think if he is on a line with Nelson he will get 40 goals anyway, he got 8 in the last 10 games of 16/17 playing with him and then Bailey will be the brains on that line.

Eberle,.. doesn't he hate Barzal? My guess is maybe the Wahlstrom kid will be on that line with Beau and Barzal and Eberle is probably not necessary to keep

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Lee is not tradeable, probably a guy that gets the A on his shirt and part of the structure, I think if he is on a line with Nelson he will get 40 goals anyway, he got 8 in the last 10 games of 16/17 playing with him and then Bailey will be the brains on that line.

Eberle,.. doesn't he hate Barzal? My guess is maybe the Wahlstrom kid will be on that line with Beau and Barzal and Eberle is probably not necessary to keep

I think Barzal and Eberle actually like each other, they just give each other ——. I had to laugh when style conscious Barzal was asked which Islander most needed a makeover and he went right after Eberle.

Reactions: Lek

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I think Barzal and Eberle actually like each other, they just give each other ——. I had to laugh when style conscious Barzal was asked which Islander most needed a makeover and he went right after Eberle.

If that is the case that is good, I think so much depends on if Nelson can be a 2C, it is odd but a lot of the season depends on how effective he is.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Again? Really?

upload_2018-7-5_16-57-10.png

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Too soon to say, imo. How does this team perform this year? Are they in playoff position (not likely but, not impossible either)? Are they 10 points out? How have they performed this year? Hard to say right now. Lets see where they are at the deadline. any scenario is possible. IF the team is sunk and they arent interested in staying (or Lou isnt interested in THEM staying) then they get traded absolutely. If they performed well and are willing to SIGN before the deadline...they stay. simple as that. lol.

Reactions: dood and IODCPiper

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Too soon to say, imo. How does this team perform this year? Are they in playoff position (not likely but, not impossible either)? Are they 10 points out? How have they performed this year? Hard to say right now. Lets see where they are at the deadline. any scenario is possible. IF the team is sunk and they arent interested in staying (or Lou isnt interested in THEM staying) then they get traded absolutely. If they performed well and are willing to SIGN before the deadline...they stay. simple as that. lol.

It's not that simple when it comes to Lee. This is going to be Lee's big payday and he is worth the most at the moment he will ever be. Again, Eberle is making close to what he will get signed for next and I doubt we see a huge drop off in his production. Maybe I'm overanalyzing Lee without Tavares, maybe I'm not.

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I'd be happy with 7/49

But as I've said many times, I worry about him hanging around the net with Pullock taking those hard shots.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Hard to say sign one and trade the other without knowing if they're willing to re-sign and how much they want.

Lee might be worried about his numbers dipping without Tavares, and after years being dragged in Edmonton Eberle seems to have found a good spot playing on Barzal's wing. Holding onto either, seeing how they perform post-snake, and then worst case trading them at the deadline hoping the market is hot.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad