What do we do with Holland? And Reimer?

Hotlanta

Dec 1, 2009
Hrmmm Reims,Frans,+ for Bogo

Is that + Rielly or Kadri?

In all seriousness, why would they want Franson? They have an abundance of big RHD, thats why Byuf is a forward now.

It would take Rielly or Kadri or or JVR or [Gardiner, Reimer, 1st & Gauthier] to even get them talking.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Honestly, I'm not too familiar with RFA's and contract status, but can't an RFA file for arbitration? How does the judge determine the price of a goalie? Is it wins, save percentage, or some other stat?

either way his numbers wouldn't be strong. Only 24 games played, gaa over 3.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
I don't think Reimer is a good back-up. He just doesn't have the right attitude for it because he believes (and rightly so to an extent) that he's a starter and he obviously plays better when he plays on a regular basis.

I'd be much more comfortable with Bernier and an experienced back-up like a Giguere who would be an example of a guy with the right attitude for his accepted role.

Reimer didn't want this situation, and clearly isn't enthusiastic about his current outlook. Dude is probably praying for a trade. Good luck to him.

I don't think that's accurate, but either way its speculation.

He just hasn't proven to be one of the thirty best goalies in the league. so he may feel he could be a starter, but his numbers don't scream I can be a starter. I don't see teams lining up to get him.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Does arbitration take into account career numbers or just this season's?

i dont think it would matter. reimer is going to be 26 years old and would have ~135 games under his belt. his career gaa is 2.80 and his career svp is .915.

i dont think reimer would be a problem to get signed. even if things went the arbitration route i dont think he could command that much money.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
I don't think that's accurate, but either way its speculation.

He just hasn't proven to be one of the thirty best goalies in the league. so he may feel he could be a starter, but his numbers don't scream I can be a starter. I don't see teams lining up to get him.

I agree he's not proven enough but his demeanour screams he'd love to be traded asap because he thinks he's a #1, that's why I don't think he's a good back-up because he's not accepting of it really, and he's not very good unless he's playing a lot.

It's just the feeling I get from him, especially after watching interview clips from today. He just comes across.....let's just say I didn't hear him blame himself for his situation or play things down, he just said "ya you know it's uh interesting".

I certainly hope they don't trade him before the deadline though, and I don't think they will. I doubt he'll be worth much less or more after the season being an RFA etc. and he'll be appreciated this year if Bernier goes down with injury, goes into a slump etc. that's for sure.

goonx

Nov 7, 2010
I wouldn't mind trading reimer for a good goalie prospect and then sign a vet goalie for back-up. i.e voukon/johnson/emery

i hear boston has a malcom subban in play so perhaps there's a deal to be done here.

Ana's Gibson is also a great prospect so I would knock on their door

Jer416

Oct 8, 2013
Ontario
I wouldn't mind trading reimer for a good goalie prospect and then sign a vet goalie for back-up. i.e voukon/johnson/emery

i hear boston has a malcom subban in play so perhaps there's a deal to be done here.

Ana's Gibson is also a great prospect so I would knock on their door

Boston has Rask (damn it JFJ or Fletcher) so JR would essentially be a back-up there too. I would be interested in Gibson, but I'm pretty sure they dont have goaltending problems atm.

ThrilloftheDream

Dec 9, 2009
Mississauga
Hate to see Reimer go but I'm sure all of us are expecting it to happen sooner rather than later. He's too good to be a back up and it's only a matter of time before he's fed up of playing second fiddle to Bernier and letting management know just that.

MapleLeafsFan

Feb 26, 2014
Toronto
I see Reimer being traded like Bernier was to Toronto. A roster player like a Frattin, a backup goalie probably not as decent as Scrivens and a 2nd round pick.

We won't get a roster player, another backup, and a 2nd round pick for Reimer.

I see maybe one of these three at best.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009

i dunno, gms throw around 2nd rounders like candy. i dont think a 2nd and a meh dime a dozen backup goalie is that much for a young guy who is at a minimum a serviceable 1b who will likely be able to get extended on the cheap in order to prove he can be a starter in the league.

imo 2nd and backup goalie is the MIN not the max. i do agree that it is unlikely he gets more then that though.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013

One of these three at best? lmao get real man. Reimer is 25 with two .920 seasons under his belt and he's RFA controlled. You're asking like we're trading Gustavsson here.

Falon

May 21, 2004
Kitchener, Ontario
Keep in mind guys that in the offseason, if Reimer is traded at the draft, there are several UFA backups available. The more I look at it, the more I think he goes to the Islanders. Based on the Leaf's wants, they will ask straight up for Brock Nelson, which the Islanders will take. They have no goaltending options right now and no UFA is gonna sign there. The Isles also have Jesse Lees, who is very similar to Nelson, which might make him expendable. Nelson is still on his ELC, which allows for some flexibility, has some upside and could replace Kulemin. Holland takes over for Raymond as well, or Nelson takes over for Raymond and Holland takes over for Bolland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad