What do we do with Holland? And Reimer?

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I like the kid and I want to keep him. But Anaheim traded him rather then putting him on the wing and it looks like Toronto will not either. This kid is an NHL player but just hasn't be given the opportunity. I think he needs to be traded, again, but this time in a package to potentially get another physical Defence man to replace Franson.

As for Reimer his contract ends at the end of this season and will probably want a pay bump but also to be a #1 man. BERNIER is our #1 man, no denying it and we have Gibson in the AHL who is looking pretty decent (in only 3 games played). Will Reimer want to resign in Toronto? Will Reimer want to be a backup goalie? Will Reimer want to be paid as a backup goalie?

21JVR*

I think we resign Holland to a cheap 2-3 year deal just like Kadri but around 1.5 mil. It's nice to have a depth at center. Reimer can be dealt or resigned. I don't mind dealing him for a late 1st or a package like Bernier. 2nd, good back up, and 3rd liner cheap young player/B level prospect.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Holland plays on the wing either second or third line.
Holland plays Centre on the third line with Bolland as a RW for the third

Don't keep Raymond and keep Holland. Holland can even play centre if injuries occur and it would be nice to allow Bolland to cheat on centre so he can win more draws.

21JVR*

Holland plays on the wing either second or third line.
Holland plays Centre on the third line with Bolland as a RW for the third

Don't keep Raymond and keep Holland. Holland can even play centre if injuries occur and it would be nice to allow Bolland to cheat on centre so he can win more draws.

I don't know where this hate for Raymond is coming from. I mean the guy is scoring for a mil. He is not gonna ask a hell of a deal like Clarkson. He will cost us around 2.5 mil. We absolutely can afford him at that price for 1-2 years deal. He is a reliable guy when your top lines are regressing.

People complains about his play off games, but the guy brings the team to play off is > the guy performing only in play offs. On the other hand we haven't seen him playing in the play offs from Toronto. I just don't want to judge the guy on other team's views.

leafstilldeath*

Our goalie depth is pretty bad so we keep Reimer. Holland, has been good so far in a limited role he is given in the team. so keep him as well.

Its not that we are going to get decent returns for them and given the weakness in goalie position and center depth no need to do anything yet

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
...we have Gibson in the AHL who is looking pretty decent (in only 3 games played). Will Reimer want to resign in Toronto? Will Reimer want to be a backup goalie? Will Reimer want to be paid as a backup goalie?

I wouldn't put much stock into our collection of goaltending prospects. Gibson isn't even dressing in the AHL at hte moment, so it's hard to really consider him anything more than a long-shot. Sparks is showing progress, but I'd be stunned if he ever makes the NHL, even as a regular backup.

randym1

Dec 29, 2013
place holland in AHL for more ice time and development in case of injuries. Keep reimer until the off season as insurance against injury as he will want to try and become a #1 starter somewhere else. All the other young guys (ashton damigo and holland) need to play often and be ready in case of trades or injury this year or full time employment with T O next year.

Maccer

Bring back Pat!!
Mar 10, 2013
Leafs Nation
I like the kid and I want to keep him. But Anaheim traded him rather then putting him on the wing and it looks like Toronto will not either. This kid is an NHL player but just hasn't be given the opportunity. I think he needs to be traded, again, but this time in a package to potentially get another physical Defence man to replace Franson.

As for Reimer his contract ends at the end of this season and will probably want a pay bump but also to be a #1 man. BERNIER is our #1 man, no denying it and we have Gibson in the AHL who is looking pretty decent (in only 3 games played). Will Reimer want to resign in Toronto? Will Reimer want to be a backup goalie? Will Reimer want to be paid as a backup goalie?

Gibson's AHL numbers aren't bad but please take a look at his ECHL stats, he's nowhere near an NHL goalie. We'll likely keep Holland and try him on the wing.

Reimer's trade value has all but disappeared, the goalie market is saturated. Look what we gave up to get Bernier and Reimer hasn't been playing well in the 2nd half plus he's a pending RFA. Don't expect a good haul for him.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Reimer gets traded to the highest bidder in the offseason and Holland you keep at Center and keep giving him more ice time if he continues to show development like he has to date.

Jason12

Dec 8, 2008
First time in a while that there is no pressure on the Leafs to make a move at the deadline. Really don't think they have any glaring needs at the moment. I don't think trading Holland or Reimer would bring you anybody that would make a significant impact.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
you gotta keep holland in case a center gets hurt, esp in the playoffs
same scenario with reimer

Reimer will be gone in the summer
Holland could be kept and play some LW

Bluejaysfan*

I think Reimer will be traded at the draft to a team like Winnipeg thats needs a #1 goaltender for a mid first rounder. Holland provide good depth for the playoffs and will most likely play on the third line next year. Depth is a good thing sometimes... If the Leafs can trade Lupul for a guy like Edler and bring back Komorov as well as signing a guy like Iginla or Cammaleri for scoring and leadership, I could see them going into next year with a lineup of...

JVR−Bozak−Kessel
Iginla/Cammalleri−Kadri−Kulemin
Holland−Bolland−Clarkson
Komorov−McClement−Orr/dAmigo

Rielly Phaneuf
Edler Gleason
Gardiner Gunnerson

Bernier
Vet backup

Orr would almost have to be in the lineup if the Leafs bring Komorov back because they need someone to protect Komorov when the other team gets mad at his antics. Worked well last year.

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
we hold onto bolland. if bolland doesn't resign, then we have holland.

we are running towards to playoffs. if reimer doesn't want to resign, then we keep the run then let him go, unless we get equivalents assets (i.e. from edmonton/calgary) offered.

between the 2 of them, i'd rather trade reimer for assets though, because bolland is more replaceable than a #1 goalie. it would be hard to let reimer walk for nothing.

i think with gleason, our d is enough for the playoffs.

ScJeff

Jun 15, 2010
we have Gibson in the AHL who is looking pretty decent (in only 3 games played). Will Reimer want to resign in Toronto?

Um, .887 save percentage in the ECHL is good enough to be a backup in the NHL? We would either need confidence in Drew McIntyre as a backup or trade for a backup before we trade Reimer. I don't see us doing that till the offseason. If bernier gets hurt would you be ok with a combination of Sparks/Gibson/McIntyre going into the playoff drive?

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
You keep Holland. He's great C depth... maybe gets turned into a winger.

Reimer, ideally you trade him for a youngish top-4 defenseman.

Edit: Oh this year? Yeah you keep Reimer too.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The answer is simple: keep them both for a potential playoff run.

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
I could see nonis wanting a veteran back up for Bernier. Help mentor him.

Paging Brodeur :p

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
The answer is simple: keep them both for a potential playoff run.

I think some people are missing my point. I don't think Reimer resigns with TO. I think he may take his chances on the free market and see if he can land a #1 position somewhere else.

As for Holland, as I said in my first post both Anaheim and Toronto are reluctant to put Holland on the wing. However, some people have suggested playing Bolland on the Wing with Holland in the middle and Kuli on the other side. Has Bolland ever played wing?? I know a few good teams who do this (atm I can only think of Boston) so this my be a valid suggestion.

Censored23

May 20, 2011
I think some people are missing my point. I don't think Reimer resigns with TO. I think he may take his chances on the free market and see if he can land a #1 position somewhere else.

As for Holland, as I said in my first post both Anaheim and Toronto are reluctant to put Holland on the wing. However, some people have suggested playing Bolland on the Wing with Holland in the middle and Kuli on the other side. Has Bolland ever played wing?? I know a few good teams who do this (atm I can only think of Boston) so this my be a valid suggestion.

Reimer is still RFA after this year, so he cant just "take his chances on the free market". He will resign with T.O, but i doubt it will be long term.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.

Reimer is a RFA.

Vexed

Magic Marner
Feb 4, 2011
Barrie
Riemer isn't going to want to resign here and I wouldn't want to create a toxic situation moving forward; I move him.

Holland is not a winger, that much is evident but I sign him for depth and hope he continues to develop.

Reimer is a RFA.

That doesn't mean a heck of a lot if the guy doesn't want to play back up

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Keep Holland, trade Raymond or let him walk.

Neutral on what happens to Reimer. He most likely wants to leave, and that's fine. I'd hold on to him until seasons end though.

Clark4Ever

Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Riemer isn't going to want to resign here and I wouldn't want to create a toxic situation moving forward; I move him.

Holland is not a winger, that much is evident but I sign him for depth and hope he continues to develop.

That doesn't mean a heck of a lot if the guy doesn't want to play back up

It actually means everything. Nonis has all the leverage, and Reimer will be moved for assets when it's in the best interest of the club. For now, we need insurance down the stretch if Bernier gets injured.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad