Speculation: What do the Bruins do now?

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Hoffman would still be a great addition to any teams top 6. 25-30 Goal scorer especially in Boston.

Defense is a bit trickier, but I'm sure nobody expected Devon Toews to be traded yesterday either, I'm sure there's a few solid Dmen around the league that are available if Boston is ready to play ball and negotiate a trade.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Hoffman would still be a great addition to any teams top 6. 25-30 Goal scorer especially in Boston.

Defense is a bit trickier, but I'm sure nobody expected Devon Toews to be traded yesterday either, I'm sure there's a few solid Dmen around the league that are available if Boston is ready to play ball and negotiate a trade.

lots of Bs fans have said Hoffman. My concern is character issues. The team jettisoned Thomas and Seguin for their character issues.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Ok so trade DeBrusk? Who picks DeBrusk over Hall? Bruins are old as f*** so they have a pretty limited window. They had a really good opportunity to do something this year and instead decided to twiddle their thumbs.

Boston ownerhas lost money sincehis primary company Delaware north is in the tourism and travel business.

Thus year he might not want to spend to the cap.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I'm kind of shocked that you didn't go after Schmidt harder... like couldn't beat a third?

Weegar **might** be available, but given Florida also missed out on Schmidt, that is seeming less likely.

Otherwise, you have to bring back Chara, as I'm not sure what other Top 4 LD, there are, that could come close to filling that role.

The players that Tampa want to move, all have degrees of NTC, whereby they control their own destiny, short of waivers. Palat might go on waivers at some point though... hard to say what Tampa is going to do. Vegas and Vancouver will need to move a body too. There will be others. I'd call around and see, as apparently the price to get onside with Cap, is basically free right now (or you get paid). I was looking last night, knowing Schmidt was available thinking... damn I hate Boston, they always seem to find a way, to get something good for cheap... and you probably will, but not THAT guy.

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Imo, the Bruins is pretty much set already, except for the Chara-slot.

Re-sign DeBrusk and Grzelcyk and there you go.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
DeBrusk - Krejci - Craig Smith
Bjork - Coyle - Kase
N.Ritchie - Kuraly - Wagner
(Blidh, Lindholm)

(Chara?) X - McAvoy
Grzelcyk - Carlo
Moore - Clifton
(Lauzon)

Rask
(Halak)

11M in cap space goes to DeBrusk (4-5M) and Grzelcyk (2-3M), then there's ~4M left for the Chara-slot or Chara himself.

Also letting some cap space growing for the deadline, would be smart idea to go.
would chara ask for anything near 3 or 4 million? is he still worth it?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Ghost into the Krug PP spot and sheltered LHD spot seems to fit like a glove especially since he will have something to prove. Bruins will know how to use him to his strengths and cover weaknesses.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I'm kind of shocked that you didn't go after Schmidt harder... like couldn't beat a third?

Weegar **might** be available, but given Florida also missed out on Schmidt, that is seeming less likely.

Otherwise, you have to bring back Chara, as I'm not sure what other Top 4 LD, there are, that could come close to filling that role.

The players that Tampa want to move, all have degrees of NTC, whereby they control their own destiny, short of waivers. Palat might go on waivers at some point though... hard to say what Tampa is going to do. Vegas and Vancouver will need to move a body too. There will be others. I'd call around and see, as apparently the price to get onside with Cap, is basically free right now (or you get paid). I was looking last night, knowing Schmidt was available thinking... damn I hate Boston, they always seem to find a way, to get something good for cheap... and you probably will, but not THAT guy.

don’t see how Weegar fits unless he can play LD

RHD:
Mac
Carlo
Miller(always injured tho)
Clifton
Lauzon(can do LD and RH)

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Vinman88

Aug 3, 2018
Since we lost out once again on the marquee free agent what do they do? Most of us on the Bs board are doom and gloom. But I want to see what other fans thinks this team does.

still need some winger help and a LHD.
Trade for Yandle

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
don’t see how Weegar fits unless he can play LD

RHD:
Mac
Carlo
Miller(always injured tho)
Clifton
Lauzon(can do LD and RH)

He's a RHD, who primarily has played LD, but can play RD. The joke on the Leafs board, was to get him, and play him with Brodie, and have two D, playing on their off hands.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
I can understand why Sweeney doesn't want to blow up the team because they have a lot of good pieces in place for the future.

Their D and Wingers are young and set for the next 5-7yrs. Something 99.99% of posters here forget or are in complete denial based on their pure hatred for BOS.

Debrusk, Kase, Smith (middle 6 wingers) are all capable of 20-30g (better than a lot of teams)
I want to see Kase in a full season before judging him, this extended time off can only be good for his concussion history.

Lauzon's ready for a full time position and Vaak/Zboril aren't far behind.

IMO their biggest problem is how to find ice time for Studnicka? He's ready to take on a 3rd C role but they're set on C (Bergeron, Krejci, Coyle)
They've been grooming him to eventually slot in as the #2/#3 C but playing him on the wing won't help his development.

Reactions: Sevendust

NoelVilla

Feb 25, 2019
Rask and Krejci UFAs next season opens up more possibilities then. Still a good team.

Horton Hears A Woo

Sep 20, 2011
Connecticut
Boston ownerhas lost money sincehis primary company Delaware north is in the tourism and travel business.

Thus year he might not want to spend to the cap.
You serious think a six million dollar to the cap is a huge difference to JJ??? Let’s not post dumb things please

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
How did they not get Hall....
They have the capspace. It was only 1 year. Anyone with a brain would pick Boston over Buffalo.
Much more ice time in Buffalo, and much more opportunities for points as they only have Eichel to compete with him while Boston has Marchand/Bergeron/Pasta/Krejci who could eat into his point share.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00