What decision has your team made that you just cant forgive them for

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Letting Marchessault walk, even considering trading Drouin, passing on Sprong for Mitchell Stephens, not firing Cooper as soon as we were mathematically eliminated.

(I know they are all recent but my memory sucks)

Dijock94

Apr 1, 2016
Rangers

Drafting Hugh Jessiman

Signing Dan Girardi and Marc Staal to long term contracts

Letting Stralman walk in Free agency

Trading 3 first round picks between Marty St. Louis and Keith Yandle.

Oh and draftin McIlrath when Fowler and Tarasenko were known locks to be solid NHLers at the draft.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Just one?

No. That said I bolded the least forgivable of this unforgiveable moves.

20th overall (Martin Brodeur) + two seconds traded for 9th overall (Trevor Kidd) + one second

A healthy, young Martin St. Louis bought out.

Elected not to sign their former draft pick, OHL goaltender of the year Craig Anderson

A young Marc Savard traded away for Ruslan Zainullin

Matthew Lombardi and 2010 1st round pick for Olli Jokinen. Players available at 13 included Hayes, Tarasenko, Schwartz, Kuznetsov.

Acquired Anton Stralman in the offseason. And then traded him to Columbus during training camp for a 3rd round pick.

While fully aware of Nikita Kucherov, drafted Tyler Wotherspoon hoping Russian factor would work out.

Paul Byron put on waivers for no reason

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
magine how much better off we'd be if Sather chose to keep Anton Stralman over Girardi instead.

Not only that, but choosing to keep Girardi over Stralman set off a horrible chain of events that resulted in totally destroying an already depleted prospect pool...

The Rangers signed Dan Boyle to replace Stralman's puck moving abilities, and that proved to be a predictably epic failure so the Rangers are then forced to trade for Keith Yandle which cost us Duclair, a 2015 2nd round pick and a 2016 1st round pick.

If we had Duclair last season putting up his 20/20, there would've been no room or need to trade for Eric Staal which cost us one of our top prospects Alexsi Saarela and our 2nd round picks in 2016 and 2017.

TL,DR version if the Rangers choose to re-sign Stralman in favor of Girardi we would have Stralman, Duclair, Saarela, our 2015 2nd round pick (Flames acquired it and took Kylington, Leafs took Bracco one pick later), whichever prospects we used with our 2016 1st and 2nd round picks, and our 2nd round pick in this upcoming draft.

Safe to say the prospects we used with those 3 lost picks would be 3 of our top 5 prospects alongside Graves and Shestyorkin. Saarela would probably be our top prospect.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
For the Lightning drafting Slater Koekkoek over Forsberg. It was need over BPA. Judge is still out on Koekkoek but he's not even in the NHL yet. If they would have drafted Forsberg they likely would have drafted Jones over Drouin. The team may be better with those decisions made.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Recently it's been toying around with Buch the whole season, or playing Holden-Staal more than Skjei-Smith. That's just AV though, GMJG has done a pretty good job with the team so far imo. That's the only ones I'm still a bit salty about ive gotten over pretty much everything else

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
Sabres:

One off-season:
Lost Briere and Drury to Free Agency, signed Vanek to 7yr-$7M deal...

That was the end of an amazing group

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Recently? Letting Ben Bishop go and then seeing him sign like the single most team friendly deal in the NHL.

The crap with Drouin was unforgivable despite the fact he ended up staying. All the kid wanted was to be treated fairly and Jon Cooper had to be a total dick about everything to the point where it almost cost us the best our playmaker since Lecavalier.

Then almost trading Drouin for Kevin freaking Shattenkirk. Man **** Shattenkirk I want no part of that guy

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Brian Burke trading for Kessel was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen an executive make. Coming into a new job at a team that has not made the playoffs in 5-6 years and immediately trading you next 2 firsts and a second is the height of arrogance and stupidity.

SportsPhan8

Nov 24, 2013
New Jersey
Brian Burke trading for Kessel was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen an executive make. Coming into a new job at a team that has not made the playoffs in 5-6 years and immediately trading you next 2 firsts and a second is the height of arrogance and stupidity.

Burke's not the GM he used to be, when with Anaheim, IMO.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I can live with it given everything else going the Pens' way but if they'd drafted one of the many better players still available on the board at 8OA in 2012, that would have been pretty effing sweet.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
-The Subban trade
-Bringing 3 fourth liner (as if we lacked those king of players...) at the deadline instead of targeting some offensive help
-Trading two second round picks for Shaw
-The Subban trade
... and so much more

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
Not counting the disaster that is the summer of 2007 (loosing Briere, Drury, and then not letting Vanek go after the offer sheet.)

I think the Mark Pysyk thing is going to haunt this franchise. We needed a left shot dman, and we passed on both Chychrun and Sergachev to draft Alex Nylander, then traded Mark Pysyk away for Dmitri KulIkov....WOLF

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Could be anything... Poor draft pick, poor signing, passing on a certain player in draft or UFA .... Anything!!

Heck even a healthy scratch that you got mad about or any other coaching decision

Lets hear it!

For the Leafs, it's drafting Matt Finn instead of Colton Parayko. No idea what they were thinking, could've had their top pair set for 10 years at least. Seeing how well Rielly and Parayko played together for team North America adds further sting to that draft.

For the Jets, I can't believe they are keeping Paul Maurice and Chevy. They will never make the playoffs with this kind of coaching and management. Pretty sure they're going to be in the race for a top 5 pick next year.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Rick Middleton for Ken Hodge.
Trading 5 players from a Stanley Cup final team for Barry Beck.
Firing Craig Patrick and hiring Phil Esposito after the team lost to Patrick Roy in the conference finals.
Trading Mike Ridley(Because he didn't smile in the locker room) along with Kelly Miller and Bobby Crawford for Bobby Carpenter.
Trading Ray Ferraro(the year after the team said they lost in the playoffs because they didn't have a second line center) for Los Angeles's spare parts.
Not resigning Messier.
Not allowing Leetch to retire as a Ranger.
Hiring Glenn Sather as G.M. And watching him try to quick fix the Rangers for years before the Hard Cap forced his hand.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
For the Leafs, it's drafting Matt Finn instead of Colton Parayko. No idea what they were thinking, could've had their top pair set for 10 years at least. Seeing how well Rielly and Parayko played together for team North America adds further sting to that draft.

For the Jets, I can't believe they are keeping Paul Maurice and Chevy. They will never make the playoffs with this kind of coaching and management. Pretty sure they're going to be in the race for a top 5 pick next year.

Id say every fan of every team is mad at passing on Parayko so many times. Geeze to think he was passed over his first draft.... Gotta love late bloomers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad