What decision has your team made that you just cant forgive them for

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Could be anything... Poor draft pick, poor signing, passing on a certain player in draft or UFA .... Anything!!

Heck even a healthy scratch that you got mad about or any other coaching decision

Lets hear it!

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Not my team, but watching these playoffs so far has me wondering how in hell Erat was traded for Forsberg

Prominence

Ryan Tverberg Fan
Jul 22, 2011
Vancouver
From the old regime, David Clarkson. It's as if they did not scout him properly and got suckered into an emotional decision.

The decision to trade for Bernier was pretty bad. Disclaimer: He's an okay goalie and he played decently for Carlyle, but he was not really a clear upgrade on Reimer. Leafs lost an asset addressing a position that did not need to get strengthened or did not see improvement. That second rounder should have been used on defense where the Leafs gave up an obscene amount of shots and possession.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Leaving out Jets 1.0.....I am not sure.

Lots of people really hated that we gave up assets to move up and draft Logan Stanley but that's still not a guaranteed bad move.

Actually, I guess not bringing back Stempniak. He said he really enjoyed playing in Winnipeg and wanted to re-sign. All we needed to do was offer a cheap contract and we would have had his services for another year. Instead, we let him walk and put up 41 points in 63 games with New Jersey.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Hiring mad Mike Milbury as GM.... It's also why I am now a Canes fan..........

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
On 22 February 2012, the Hurricanes signed Ruutu to a four-year contract extension worth $19 million. The deal will pay Ruutu $4 million in 2012–13 and $5 million per year in the remaining years; it also includes a no-trade clause for the first three years of the contract.

mind you; this was after a 34-point season. :shakehead

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
For the Sabres, it has to be matching the Vanek offer sheet. He wasn't worth the money, and he wasn't worth passing on 4 Edmonton 1st rounders for.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I've been an Oilers fan since '06 and there isn't really a single decision that I've absolutely despised surprisingly but if I had to pick a few:

-Trading Pronger. Lowe should have just made Pronger suck it up and play his contract out in Edmonton.
-Trading Smyth because of a small gap in contract negotiations
-Signing Horcoff to an awful contract for 5.5M per
-Firing coach Kruger and hiring Eakins

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Hiring mad Mike Milbury as GM.... It's also why I am now a Canes fan..........

That's on my list too as Bruins coach. But the Orr trade stands alone. Mike O'Connell as GM was a debacle too. (Realized you may be an Isles fan. You have my sympathy.)

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Jack Johnson and Oleg Capdumperdovsky for Tim Gleason and Eric Belanger.

One of the top prospects in hockey for a #4 defenseman at best and a crappy #3 center who got traded later that season.

Close second is Andrew Ladd for Tuomo Ruutu.

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
The Phil Kessel trade. He is a very good player and for me it's not about him, it's about the bigger picture of going for the quick fix over building a team. That trade effectively cost the Leafs almost a decade.

For pure ridiculousness, the Jeff Finger signing. If I recall correctly, his previous team (Colorado) thought he was so good, he got scratched for half of their playoff games. At least Clarkson was a NHL player. Ridiculous still applies to that signing too though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad