What current player would you accept for the number two pick?

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016
no thanks at all to Duchesne. he won't have a reasonable deal and he isn't exactly young. I would only trade this pick for a center 23 or under that is either a number 1 now or has a strong potential to be a number 1. outside of mcdavid, draisatl, Matthews, eichel, barkov, marner, mackinnon and scheifele I can't think of anyone else that fits the bill. I don't think 2 gets any of them without a significant add.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
But then we wouldn't.

Patrick/Hischier+Provorov > Eichel

Even if Patrick/Hischier score 20 points less per year, Provorov more than makes up for just the offense alone, and that's not even considering the defensive side.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I wouldn't trade #2 for anyone we could reasonably get. We need what this pick promises to be too badly.

Obviously, if we were getting McDavid/Matthews/Eichel, #2 and several other assets would be out the door, and that's life. However, that's not happening, so let's just sit back and enjoy our good luck.

BernieTheGreat1

Sharp, Pointy Teeth
Jul 24, 2011
Camelot
But then we wouldn't.

Patrick/Hischier+Provorov > Eichel

Even if Patrick/Hischier score 20 points less per year, Provorov more than makes up for just the offense alone, and that's not even considering the defensive side.

What about Eichel for #2, Sanheim, 3rd? I would think long and hard about it but I don't think I could throw 2 A grade pieces in like #2 and Sanheim for what may end up being a marginal upgrade over Nico/Nolan. At the same time I think Buffalo would seriously consider this before they hung up the phone.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Meghan%252520Hardinac.jpg

Hilary-Knight-e1413578739334.jpg

SierraBC_ESGphoto_0006-e1413580519743.jpg

ScreenHunter_13-Jan.-12-22.04-615x380.jpg

All current athletes I would be happy to accept if we trade the #2 overall.

Otherwise, **** off :razz:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
What about Eichel for #2, Sanheim, 3rd? I would think long and hard about it but I don't think I could throw 2 A grade pieces in like #2 and Sanheim for what may end up being a marginal upgrade over Nico/Nolan. At the same time I think Buffalo would seriously consider this before they hung up the phone.

Would rather keep 2 and Sanheim, who has tremendous potential at a crucial position in today's NHL.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I think Mackinnon might be the only guy who isn't an instant "no" for either team--not that I'm sure either team ultimately does it.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
So who is the most controversial (worst as viewed by others) player that you would take in a trade straight up for our number 2 overall pick? For example, everyone would take McDavid for the pick. Not very controversial. Would you take Corey Perry at his current age, contract, and skill level? How about Taylor Hall?

I'm basically interested to see how much value other Flyers fans put on this pick in terms of current player trade value.

Being as controversial as I can, I would accept Drouin straight up, but I have trouble feeling strongly about it.

Nikolaj Ehlers might be the only guy right now I'd consider dealing the 2nd overall for. Actually Ehlers and Winnipeg's first for the 2nd overall and I think it's something that would need to be considered. Not saying Winnipeg would do it, but if they came to the Flyers with that kind of offer on the table, it would be awfully tough to turn it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad