Speculation: What could we get in return for some of our players...

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I get what you're saying and think we both want the same result. It's just about how we get there that we see things a little different. Either way Chevy has to manage things right. There's a lot of wrong ways to go about it but very few right ways. He can't over play his cards either from either side or you will get burned.

Agree Duke that building a winning culture is also an important part of the process .... I just don't think at this particular point sacrificing a few pics to hold on to players like antro or Hainsey for 4 weeks of hockey is prudent ;-)

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Agree Duke that building a winning culture is also an important part of the process .... I just don't think at this particular point sacrificing a few pics to hold on to players like antro or Hainsey for 4 weeks of hockey is prudent ;-)

"Grind" did some research and actually posted a thread in the statistical section on HF about 1st round picks and their success rates. Some people should go check it out. Some intriguing results that only drop as the rounds go by. Gives you a very good idea of picks' success rates.

Also, I think Hainsey stays. I don't think we can afford to lose him just yet.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
"Grind" did some research and actually posted a thread in the statistical section on HF about 1st round picks and their success rates. Some people should go check it out. Some intriguing results that only drop as the rounds go by. Gives you a very good idea of picks' success rates.

Also, I think Hainsey stays. I don't think we can afford to lose him just yet.

Do you think we will outbid 29 other teams for his service? I doubt he gives us a "home" discount and I doubt we will be the highest bider???? :huh:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Do you think we will outbid 29 other teams for his service? I doubt he gives us a "home" discount and I doubt we will be the highest bider???? :huh:

I don't think it would e hard to outbid on a say 2 year deal but it all depends on what he wants to do really. If he's indifferent, he'll likely be gone. But I think we give him at least a decent offer.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

Hainsey, Postma and Burmi to Edm for Smid, Gagner and a 2nd. Don't want to move Burmi but this could work if they could ever re-sign big Ron.

Then you could have Buff, Enstrom, Bogo, Smid, Stuart and Trouba/Redmond. And Gagner could play will Scheif and Kane :)

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
All the UFA's should be moved the only way they should be keeping any of them is if the market is soft and the offers are really bad, otherwise trade them. At this point the Jets #1 goal is to build the asset pool by acquiring picks and prospects. We all understand that not all of these picks will become NHLers, in fact the large majority of them will not but they can be assets to the organization in numerous other ways. What good is building a "winning culture" when the talent on this team is barely good enough to compete in the worst division in Hockey, much less the strong division they are going to be moving into next year.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hainsey, Postma and Burmi to Edm for Smid, Gagner and a 2nd. Don't want to move Burmi but this could work if they could ever re-sign big Ron.

Then you could have Buff, Enstrom, Bogo, Smid, Stuart and Trouba/Redmond. And Gagner could play will Scheif and Kane :)

I would give up a LOT to get Smid. Problem is, the Oilers are so short of that kind of grit that they will move mountains to keep him there.

We need to make a play for him at the least... what a warrior that guy is.

No Name Poster

Maurice Navidad
Oct 29, 2011
The Peg
All the UFA's should be moved the only way they should be keeping any of them is if the market is soft and the offers are really bad, otherwise trade them. At this point the Jets #1 goal is to build the asset pool by acquiring picks and prospects. We all understand that not all of these picks will become NHLers, in fact the large majority of them will not but they can be assets to the organization in numerous other ways. What good is building a "winning culture" when the talent on this team is barely good enough to compete in the worst division in Hockey, much less the strong division they are going to be moving into next year.

So if we are leading our division and ranked third in the Conferece at the deadline you recommend trading Hainsey, Wellwood, Antropov and Mittens?
So we go into the playoffs with Cormier, Mahachek, Jaffray and Meech? What the heck, let's trade Montoya too and bring up Pasquale...

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
So if we are leading our division and ranked third in the Conferece at the deadline you recommend trading Hainsey, Wellwood, Antropov and Mittens?
So we go into the playoffs with Cormier, Mahachek, Jaffray and Meech? What the heck, let's trade Montoya too and bring up Pasquale...

Maybe not all of them..but I'd take my chances without one or two of them (Oduya last year) for the extra draft picks if we can't extend them.

Scary thing is the last five games or so, Clitsome hasnt even been that bad... Dare I say we wait til the deadline to deal Hainsey and roll with Enstrom/Clitsome/Stuart. It sucks for a month but its still better than what we're fielding next game.

LLW
Kane-Burmistrov-Wellwood
Wright-Jokinen-Miettinen
Peluso-Slater-Thorburn

It ain't pretty but we could still win games. Remember that's IF we're leading the division at the deadline. We're in 9th in the East and 17th overall now.

No Name Poster

Maurice Navidad
Oct 29, 2011
The Peg
Maybe not all of them..but I'd take my chances without one or two of them (Oduya last year) for the extra draft picks if we can't extend them.

Scary thing is the last five games or so, Clitsome hasnt even been that bad... Dare I say we wait til the deadline to deal Hainsey and roll with Enstrom/Clitsome/Stuart. It sucks for a month but its still better than what we're fielding next game.

LLW
Kane-Burmistrov-Wellwood
Wright-Jokinen-Miettinen
Peluso-Slater-Thorburn

It ain't pretty but we could still win games. Remember that's IF we're leading the division at the deadline. We're in 9th in the East and 17th overall now.

I agree. When Enstrom returns it makes Hainsey more expendable. Clitsome has surprised me as well lately although he's still prone to the odd miscue, but he's also playing in the top 4 right now and not embarrassing himself. It's really sad what happened to Redmond. Obviously I feel for the guy first as his career is in jeopardy, but from a team standpoint his injury made Postma and Hainsey a lot more valuable to our team and harder to move.
I think Wellwood can go and I wouldn't be opposed to dealing Antro for the right price, but trading all of our UFAs regardless is what my main objection was.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I agree. When Enstrom returns it makes Hainsey more expendable. Clitsome has surprised me as well lately although he's still prone to the odd miscue, but he's also playing in the top 4 right now and not embarrassing himself. It's really sad what happened to Redmond. Obviously I feel for the guy first as his career is in jeopardy, but from a team standpoint his injury made Postma and Hainsey a lot more valuable to our team and harder to move.
I think Wellwood can go and I wouldn't be opposed to dealing Antro for the right price, but trading all of our UFAs regardless is what my main objection was.

Oh yeah man I agree with you we can't just firesale every UFA we have lol. That's too much. We're trying to rebuild not field a joke team to lose the season like the Oilers seemed to.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

LLW
Kane-Burmistrov-Wellwood
Wright-Jokinen-Miettinen
Peluso-Slater-Thorburn

I agree, Clitsome's looked pretty good since playing with Buff. I wonder how he would look with Bogo when Enstrom comes back. Personally, I don't see what other people do in Hainsey. He's prone to making some bonehead plays (the cross ice pass in our own zone the other night comes to mind), and he seems to blow a tire at the most inopportune times.

If Clitsome's strong play continues, I think there's a pretty good chance we see Hainsey go. If Hainsey hits free agency, I don't think he'll be back and we'll be getting nothing in return. We sell him at the deadline and we get picks/prospects which helps build up our depth (which we desperately need to build back up).

wpgJetsfan

Dec 24, 2010
The Jets should consider Corey Perry in a trade as we need goal scoring. Currently we don't have a complete line that can score goals. The only consistant one on the team this year is Ladd.

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
perry is a UFA at the end of the season. even with that being the case it would still take a BIG payment to get him... and then he prob walks to the highest bidder in the offseason anyways... no thanks..

i would be all for making a big push for him in free agency though. but there will be a lot of teams throwing big money at him

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
as for guys we could move

hainsey could maybe fetch a 2nd at the deadline if someones desperate... otherwise a 3rd or 4th + a depth player is prob more realistic

antropov would be a similar return imo. maybe less considering his high salary and low production

i think if we were going to move a piece that may actually net us something decent in return it would have to be burmistrov... good chance that someone would take a risk on his potential even if his points are low.. maybe a package of burmistrov + a 2nd for a scoring winger? obviously it wouldnt bring an elite player back but maybe someone with decent skill that could play the opposite wing as kane

#1 center is the biggest need. but we dont have the pieces necessary to acquire one through trade. well we do, but we wont move them (kane bogo trouba 1st)

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Yeah as long as we know we're paying for a 35 goal, 70 point right winger and not his one exceptional MVP season.

We've got lots of cap space, but we're not going to be at the max either. Raises for Wheeler and Bogo could be enough of a hassle if Pavelec and Kaner's deals were any indicator.

peter sullivan

Winnipeg
Apr 9, 2010
i would like to remind everyone that Burmistrov is 16 months older than Mark Scheifele.....and in my opinion has light years more upside.....we should not be in any rush to get rid of him.

deal antropov for a water bottle before the deadline, call up mahacek to take his place....
get whatever draft pick you can for Hainsey, call up Meech to take his place...

spend that $8.5m in the off season on a good free agent....that would get you Perry, if he would agree to play here (pipe dream i know)...semin?...elias?

Last edited:

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
i dont know thatd id pay 8 for perry, even tho thats likely in the area of what he'l fetch

im just going off an internet list, so i dont know if any of these guys are resigned, or actually soon to be ufa's. but guys i would be interested in...

nathan horton
mason raymond

theres lots more than that. but i think those guys would fit well here. dont know if they will make it to free agency tho

sorry for getting off topic

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
i would like to remind everyone that Burmistrov is 16 months older than Mark Scheifele.....and in my opinion has light years more upside.....we should not be in any rush to get rid of him.

deal antropov for a water bottle before the deadline, call up mahacek to take his place....
get whatever draft pick you can for Hainsey, call up Meech to take his place...

spend that $8.5m in the off season on a good free agent....that would get you Perry, if he would agree to play here (pipe dream i know)...semin?...elias?

Bring Machacek up? The same guy that people in St Johns have been complaining about all year? The same guy that has done nothing and has been healthied?

There is a reason Chevy has been picking guys up off waivers. There is no one on the farm worthy of call up.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
With the trade deadline approaching, what could we get in return for some of our assets who have been rumored to be dealt.

*** Please don't include players from our youth core (Scheifele, Trouba, Bogosian, Kane, Burmistrov) ***

Players to consider:
Hainsey
Stuart
Wellwood
Antropov
Jokinen
Thorburn
Slater

Of the above players, the one most undervalued in this discussion, as usual, is Hainsey. He is a bona fide top-4 defenceman, would be a big loss to us and a tremendous asset to a SC contender. I would love to sign him to an extension, but my instincts tell me he has his eyes set on a team in the NE division--close to home, close to the PA and closer to a championship.
It is imperative that the Jets ascertain his intentions before the trade deadline and get value for him if they can't resign him. He is worth a first and/or legitimate prospects, IMO. None of the others are close.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Bring Machacek up? The same guy that people in St Johns have been complaining about all year? The same guy that has done nothing and has been healthied?

There is a reason Chevy has been picking guys up off waivers. There is no one on the farm worthy of call up.

Machacek won't be with this organization long, he pouted when he wasn't just given a roster spot on the Jets at the mini training camp, guy is a -23 in St. Johns and at 25 his dreams in ever playing in the NHL are fading fast.

Brog, think the one forward that deserves a look is O'Dell.

Tintin's Ghost

May 28, 2007
Saskatoon
Antro or Hainsey can fetch a 1st rounder on their own?? I don't see how another team would value either of these guys with a 1st rounder but, if they do, then Chevy better do that deal.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Antro or Hainsey can fetch a 1st rounder on their own?? I don't see how another team would value either of these guys with a 1st rounder but, if they do, then Chevy better do that deal.

Hainsey would fetch a 1st rounder plus a player, as the Jets number 4 D man I hope we keep him.

Kind of wishful thinking to expect a first rounder for 34 year old Antro, 2nd rounder if lucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00