What Can We Get For Ramo?

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Please note: I meant to make this thread a couple days ago, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE INJURY.

Ramo is a UFA after this season. Ortio's contract will become a one-way contract after this season. The writing is on the wall. We might as well get something for Ramo as opposed to letting him walk for nothing. What is he worth? If we can grab a top 6 RW for Ramo + 4-6 rd pick, or maybe a bottom 6 RH d-man + pick? I say pull the trigger at the deadline.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
If we can grab a top 6 RW for Ramo + 4-6 rd pick

That is really high. Who would that be? Realistically I think the Flames could get a solid middle sixer (probably a good 3rd line RWer) and maybe a late pick added. Most teams have their goalies.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
That is really high. Who would that be? Realistically I think the Flames could get a solid middle sixer (probably a good 3rd line RWer) and maybe a late pick added. Most teams have their goalies.

Well I know the Isles are looking for a backup. You never know who will be looking for a capable backup come playoff time due to injuries or what have you. I just wonder how much value he has. Obviously as of tonight its as low as it ever has been probably. Bad time to start the thread I suppose. :laugh:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Likely no more than a 3rd round pick or similar prospect. If a team targets Ramo specifically (like the Avs did with Berra) we might be able to get a 2nd round pick.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
Likely no more than a 3rd round pick or similar prospect. If a team targets Ramo specifically (like the Avs did with Berra) we might be able to get a 2nd round pick.

I honestly feel like teams will pay for Ramos potential. The guy very well could be a starter one day. He very well could be our starter THIS YEAR if not for Hiller playing lights out early on. I think Ramo has much more value than a measly 3rd rounder.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I honestly feel like teams will pay for Ramos potential. The guy very well could be a starter one day. He very well could be our starter THIS YEAR if not for Hiller playing lights out early on. I think Ramo has much more value than a measly 3rd rounder.
His value will be no more than Scrivens when he was traded from he Kings and since he is a UFA at seasons end the only people interested will be contenders and there is not enough playoff teams with goaltending question marks to incite any form of bidding war.

jimmyemery

Dec 20, 2014
Please note: I meant to make this thread a couple days ago, THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE INJURY.

Ramo is a UFA after this season. Ortio's contract will become a one-way contract after this season. The writing is on the wall. We might as well get something for Ramo as opposed to letting him walk for nothing. What is he worth? If we can grab a top 6 RW for Ramo + 4-6 rd pick, or maybe a bottom 6 RH d-man + pick? I say pull the trigger at the deadline.

Red wings fan coming in peace.
Id give you jakub kindl, and joakim Anderson for him.

Ha.
By the way.
Good game tonight guys, your team is monumentally better than i thought youd be.
and congratulations to happy hudler, if his kid didn't decide to crawl out the va jayjay today I think this game would've been alot different.
Also.
Congrats on Gaudreau.
Little guy looks legit

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I agree with his value being around a third round pick. The Sabres will be looking to move one of Enroth or Neuvirth as well so the market isn't all that favourable.

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
Players. Cash. Draft picks.

I think the Lindros trade would be a comparable.

Seriously, ...............not much. What has he done? The best thing on his resume is that he was once a top 5 goalie in the K.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
He's a good goalie, a lot better then Neuvirth. NYI, Minnesota, SJ and Edmonton all need goalies.

And if Reto Berra can get a second, so can Karri Ramo. He is much better then Berra.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
He's a good goalie, a lot better then Neuvirth. NYI, Minnesota, SJ and Edmonton all need goalies.

And if Reto Berra can get a second, so can Karri Ramo. He is much better then Berra.

The Avs wanted Berra though, I see no team asking for Ramo.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Move Hiller and keep Ramo. Its easier that Hiller has 2 years whereas Ramo is UFA. Unless someone is targeting Ramo specifically you can't expect a big return (unlike Berra).

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
Move Hiller and keep Ramo. Its easier that Hiller has 2 years whereas Ramo is UFA. Unless someone is targeting Ramo specifically you can't expect a big return (unlike Berra).

i agree with this, i don't like Hiller enough to run Hiller/Ortio next year

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Ramo won't get you a ton, honestly.
He's making a bit too much money to be a backup, and he's not good enough to be a starter, honestly.

I think he could probably get you a lower prospect or a pick (2nd-3rd, depending on the team). I think a team that's desperate for a backup going into the playoffs might give up a second, I think the best value though is you package Ramo with someone else.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
I think its worth more to Flames if they keep Ramo rather than trade him. We're not the Ducks, we don't just pump out goalies very easily.

Though I'm interested to see how Gillies will handle the AHL. I think he has better upside than Ortio.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think its worth more to Flames if they keep Ramo rather than trade him. We're not the Ducks, we don't just pump out goalies very easily.

Though I'm interested to see how Gillies will handle the AHL. I think he has better upside than Ortio.

Yeah, I'd love it if we could extend Ramo, but at the same time that means next year we'd be exposing a goalie to waivers. That or we'd be trading Hiller, which I'd be in favour of.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
for me it's simple. I prefer Hiller to Ramo, and think Orts can replace Ramo

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think Ortio and Hiller will be the duo next year. Once Hiller's contract is over in 15/16, we'll probably evaluate Ortio's performance and see if he is really ready for the starting job. If he is, I would imagine we would just sign a veteran backup behind Joni. That's just my assumption though.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I still think he's just as good if not better than Hiller.. I've honestly never been too impressed with Hiller. Sucks he got injured.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I'd rather trade Hiller.... And run with an all Finnish goalie tandem.

This. Hiller has more value, name wise and contract wise, and like I said, I still think Ramo is on his level. If given the reigns, I think Ramo can take em and run

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This. Hiller has more value, name wise and contract wise, and like I said, I still think Ramo is on his level. If given the reigns, I think Ramo can take em and run

That's how I feel too. And Ramo is a bit younger and has more room to grow his game.

The main reason I would want to extend Ramo and trade Hiller, though, is because of the value we could get for either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad