HF Habs: What are your initial impressions of the Habs 2023 Draft class?

Overall INITIAL grade?

• Total voters

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
There was one report out of one Washington scout yes, Andrei Nikolishin.

There were plenty of smokes from other sources too. Mathias Burnet said that according to his contacts in the KHL, Michkov was an unpleasant person. He could kick his teammate, scream at them when they missed play. He did not care about the game except offense.

Mathias Burnet said that according to his contacts in the KHL, Michkov was an unpleasant person. He could kick his teammate, scream at them when they missed play. He did not care about the game except offense.
Yeah, Radulov hit a coach and I would have built our team out of 18 Radulovs if possible when he played for us.

It was a bad move to pass on him then and it's only looking worse now.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Yeah, Radulov hit a coach and I would have built our team out of 18 Radulovs if possible when he played for us.

It was a bad move to pass on him then and it's only looking worse now.

The epitome of a player who led his team to the greatness of the league with his leadership.

What a f***ing player tho this i agree. As for Michkov, the character concern i believe are overblown but otoh i don't think its the sole reason we skipped him. It is what it is and he should fare well under good leadership even if he is a problematic teammate.

Jack Spider

Jun 2, 2022
Still not over but I don’t think our remaining pick(s) are going to move the needle all that much. Will update accordingly.

It’s certainly a draft class I don’t think anyone could have predicted. Definitely drafting for need and ignoring BPA in essentially every case. Clearly throwing darts at a board and hoping one of the goalies hit. I have high hopes for Fowler, just has to get in shape.

5th overall - David Reinbacher, D

69th overall - Jacob Fowler, G

101st overall - Florian Xhekaj, LW

110th overall - Bogdan Konyushkov, D

128th overall - Quentin Miller, G

133rd overall - Sam Harris, LW

144th overall - Yevgeni Volokhin, G

165th overall - Filip Eriksson, C

197th overall - Luke Mittelstadt, D
I got a high after San Jose picked their player and Michkov was still on the board but so far, in hindsight I'm happy with our 1 to 4th picks and haven't followed on the 5-9.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
If Reinbacher’s “floor” is 70-80 gms 30 pts 2nd pairing x8 years
if Newhook 70-80 gm 60+ pts
if Fowler becomes a steal
if lil wifi plays on the 4th line (he can outskate Reaves now)

if these 4 become regular players I’d give an A+

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Having a scouting team that was unanimous on a pick that was/is debatable and that wasn’t consensus outside of the team shows a problem.

It can be:

1. Everyone on the team sees the game the same way. This lacks peripheral vision.

2. The scouts are scared to contradict the leaders. Aka Lapointe, Bobrov, etc.

In both cases, something is off.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
they nailed that pick from the get go. Just a solid sell job by the new scout. Impressive.

Habs scout Billy Ryan probably walks around the office like Conor mcgregor

ba3818cbd1039d05f8963d6c1d6461c0.gif

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Habs scout Billy Ryan probably walks around the office like Conor mcgregor

ba3818cbd1039d05f8963d6c1d6461c0.gif
He dropped his balls on the table that day, there were no other options between boss status or back shed dog if HIS prospect went out like a wimper. Right now he can MacGregor it for a good 4 years :laugh:

Reactions: overlords

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It stings seeing David Goyette sitting 2nd OA in the OHL in points, badly wanted us to pick him, think they made a mistake there but we'll see as Beck will be an NHLer for sure but Goyette is someone I assumed they would be in on as he's fast as shit.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
It stings seeing David Goyette sitting 2nd OA in the OHL in points, badly wanted us to pick him, think they made a mistake there but we'll see as Beck will be an NHLer for sure but Goyette is someone I assumed they would be in on as he's fast as shit.
5'11 174lbs Centre?.. come on guys, this has got to stop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad