What are your hopes/expectations for crosby this season?

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
honestly, he needs to have a pretty big season if he wants to continue to be seen as the best. I'm optimistic: healthy season, 40g, 65+a, 105+p, art ross

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
37 + 67 for 104 points.

I'm not expecting 110+ because the league as a whole seems super defense oriented right now.

90-100 is what I expect. 104 is just a hope but I think it can be done

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
I have a feeling that goals could be a higher portion of his points this year relative to assists. I think he will be hungry all year.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Depending on the refs and the powerplay... Hoping for 100+ points.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
75+ games, 100+ points if the NHL isn't in an especially self-sabotaging mood. Healthy off season, something to prove and Kessel are big, or he gets Penguin'd for flying too close to the sun.

87 somewhere in his stats.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
he really needs to win the scoring title this year. two art rosses at this stage of his career is pretty disappointing. sidney crosby should not be losing scoring titles to players like jamie benn. that just shouldn't happen to a generational talent like sid.

sid needs to get some more hardware and fast, because he's going to start slowing down soon if he hasn't already, and mcdavid is coming.

he only has a few more cracks at individual hardware honestly, he's lost a ton of accolades due to injury, so he simply cannot have piss poor efforts like he did for a decent portion of last season that end up costing him trophies.

i am still pissed at some of his horrific outings midseason last year. dude had the scoring title and he blew it.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
He and Kessel will be lights out. Way too much speed and skill for even this version of the NHL to handle.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
82 healthy regular season games + a healthy number of healthy playoff games + Top 10 in scoring. Competing for the Stanley Cup would be nice though it's unrealistic to "expect it".

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I actually expect the league to loosen things up this year, and direct the refs to handle things accordingly.

They are not complete morons and can see that last year was one of the lowest scoring years in NHL history. I can not imagine that they want that.

As for Crosby specifically, I think that he has two to three more years of being the best in the game, with a nice gap between him and the next tier.

As long as that is the case he has to be the prohibitive favorite to run away with the scoring title, absent injury, etc.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I'll say 105.

I think I nailed it last year, but I can't find the thread. Said 85 or 86 or something. I believe I also said we'd start the year on a losing streak, though, which was totally off.

edit:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1744361&highlight=crosby

Said 90 and that that would be right around the Art Ross winner's totals. Checking the voting results, looks like Jaromir Jagr that Jagr fan guy stopped by to vote in the 81-90 range as well.

Last edited:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The glaringly obvious first and most important thing I want to see from Sid this year is him being healthy the entire time. This one basically applies to all the Pens' star players who seem to keep missing time with injury (Malkin, Letang).

As for individual stats, I want him to return to the 100+ point plateau. I'd also like to see him hit 40 goals, but if not, the 100+ point mark is a must for me to feel like his game is back to what it was a season ago as the Hart, Lindsay, and Art Ross winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad