What are your fav Canadian chain stores / restaurants?

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Candyfunhouse_cadbury_caramilk_50g-Side-jpg-1.jpg

Sep 19, 2008
Just found out Canada has two chick Fila in the whole country. That's criminal.

Too many people eating Mary browns eh?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
When I was in Ottawa for a Bruins game, maybe 15 years ago, my friends and I were all hunting for a Harvey's. We split up, sober guys and the hammered fellas (bad idea looking back on it), and found ourselves inside a mall of sorts. Everything was closing up downtown and it was barely 10pm. We found some officers of the law and asked if there was a Harvey's around. The officers looked at us like we had 10 heads and a friend of mine says "Harvey's, ya know, like McDonalds, but not McDonalds?"

"OH OH! Harrrrrvey's. No no...No Harvey's here"

It was at that moment I realized our accents are trashier than any of us know.

We found a Harvey's on the drive home the next day. It was terrible.

Yeah, we don't generally go looking for Harvey's.

Reactions: TD Charlie

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
When I was in Ottawa for a Bruins game, maybe 15 years ago, my friends and I were all hunting for a Harvey's. We split up, sober guys and the hammered fellas (bad idea looking back on it), and found ourselves inside a mall of sorts. Everything was closing up downtown and it was barely 10pm. We found some officers of the law and asked if there was a Harvey's around. The officers looked at us like we had 10 heads and a friend of mine says "Harvey's, ya know, like McDonalds, but not McDonalds?"

"OH OH! Harrrrrvey's. No no...No Harvey's here"

It was at that moment I realized our accents are trashier than any of us know.

We found a Harvey's on the drive home the next day. It was terrible.
I have lived in Boston over a decade now, and I have found that the accent gets more and more pronounced the drunker (and older) a Bostonian is.

Sober, they can sound perfectly normal. Drunk, and it's all like "REMEMBAH WHEN KEVIN MILLAH USED TO HIT THE BALL WICKED HAHD, KID? AND WHEAH'S MY BEAH?"

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I have lived in Boston over a decade now, and I have found that the accent gets more and more pronounced the drunker (and older) a Bostonian is.

Sober, they can sound perfectly normal. Drunk, and it's all like "REMEMBAH WHEN KEVIN MILLAH USED TO HIT THE BALL WICKED HAHD, KID? AND WHEAH'S MY BEAH?"
I’ve lived outside of Boston long enough now that mine isn’t quite that bad. It really only gets ugly when I’m really animated. Also shame on my parents for naming me Charles, knowing I’d never be able to say it correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I’ve lived outside of Boston long enough now that mine isn’t quite that bad. It really only gets ugly when I’m really animated. Also shame on my parents for naming me Charles, knowing I’d never be able to say it correctly.
That's basically the equivalent of a Wisconsin family naming their kid "Bob Thomas" and expecting him to say it without the nasal short "o" literally destroying everyone in the vicinity.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Just found out Canada has two chick Fila in the whole country. That's criminal.

Too many people eating Mary browns eh?
I take Mary Browns over Chik-fil-a. I actually did a taste challenge at Yorkdale mall where the one Chik-fil-a is and from popeyes which is right beside the mall. Bother burgers simultaneaously. I take Popeyes over Chik-fi-a as well. Nothing against chik-fil-a. IT is a good burger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad