What are your biggest video game accomplishments?

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Finishing Panzer General way back in 2000. I was 15 yrs old kid back then and that type of the game was visible step in difficulty over RTS "tank'n'rush" games like Red Alert. I bought the game in 1996. and took me four years of learning. From today's perspective it looks funny, as I am very good turn based strategy player today, but given my age and fact that Panzer General was first (or one of the first) games of that genre, I consider it my biggest gaming accomplishment. At least until I don't finish Strategic Command WW2 WaW with both Allies and Axis. :)

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
1. Ocarina of Time 3-heart zero deaths.

I've actually done it twice (and once also did it three hearts with 4 deaths).

2. FFXII Yiazmat.

More like a war of preparation, getting the right gambits set up and the right weapons, and attrition, being able to engage him for 2+ hours, not have everyone KO and not let him set up Regen.

3. Super Mario Galaxy 2, The Perfect Run.

Took me about 500 tries.

Those are three that spring to mind.

I've also done the WEAPONS in FFVII, Ozma in IX and Penance in X, but I don't consider those really ally difficult because there's ways to spam them and maximize your odds.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
Hmm, a video game resume? I'd probably put

-Was a Game Designer on the NHL series at EA in 90s

-Guiness World Record holder in Minecraft for a Survival Megabuild

-8500 hours in Civilization V

-6800 hours in Battlefield

-Didn't keep track of MC time but I've gotta be well over 10000 hours, easily

-Ranked #3 in the world in Tethered

-1 of the 2 people who made major puzzle solves in Playdead's "Inside" ARG

That's the stuff I'm kinda proud of that I can think of off the top of my head, I guess. I'm sure I've got a few other "Top 10 in the world at ______" at some other stuff, but don't want to pad the list, haha.

member 157595

Hmm, a video game resume? I'd probably put

-Was a Game Designer on the NHL series at EA in 90s

-Guiness World Record holder in Minecraft for a Survival Megabuild

-8500 hours in Civilization V

-6800 hours in Battlefield

-Didn't keep track of MC time but I've gotta be well over 10000 hours, easily

-Ranked #3 in the world in Tethered

-1 of the 2 people who made major puzzle solves in Playdead's "Inside" ARG

That's the stuff I'm kinda proud of that I can think of off the top of my head, I guess. I'm sure I've got a few other "Top 10 in the world at ______" at some other stuff, but don't want to pad the list, haha.

Nice work, I'm not even Top 10 at anything in my household and there's only 3 of us. :laugh:

EA in the 90's made some terrific games. That was when they had a soul.

Reactions: Tweed

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
Hmm tough to say for sure.

Did some competitive counter strike source for awhile and we won a few tournaments. We also won a local tournament of original counter strike even though none of us had ever played it before that day :laugh:

Played a lot of Halo 2 as well. My favorite was dominating the kill leader board without shooting my gun (essentially beatdowns, grenades, or sword only) because Halo 2 showed you statistics after the match and was funny to win a FPS without shooting a gun

Last edited:

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I crushed everyone at our school tournament of Mario Kart 64 back in 1997. I think that is about as competitive as I have ever gotten in terms of video games.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
4th round in Halo 2 FFA MLG Playoffs
Won a few hundred bucks making Halo 2 montages

5 stars on Expert Campaign Guitar Hero 2 and 3
~30 FCs in Guitar Hero 2
53 FCs in Guitar Hero 3
Gold Starring the entire Endless Setlist in Rock Band on Guitar

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Nothing important but I'll list my two main ones anyway:

1. Full map-painted every Total War I've played
2. Got all the stars in Mario 64 with 3 other dudes during the first long weekend of college (small floor, we were the only 4 guys that stayed over Columbus Day; still good friends with each of them to this day).

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
3-2 in Kung Fu Master arcade. Holy that board is hard.

Reached the 4th loop in arcade Renegade

Cleared a few Cave shooters on 1 credit, Mars Matrix also. MM is a beast of a game.

Most proud of Under Defeat, cleared it almost every possible way and have scored 5.6 out of a, possible 7.5 million.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Not to brag, but back when HFBoards briefly had an arcade I along with another poster was the top Tetris player here. Unfortunately can't quite claim the top spot as in our game of one-upmanship he held down the current top score when HF shut the arcade down.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad