What are your biggest video game accomplishments?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Nothing too crazy or hard. Completed the Ultra Sun pokedex and 100% the new Spiderman game. Considering I've never completed the pokedex or platinum-ed a game before I was pretty satisfied with that.

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
I'm not sure if this would fall under the classification of "biggest video game achievements" but this is the only thing for me that comes close: I started playing Counter Strike as a young teen and first broke into the game back in CS 1.3 way back in '01. Just casual games and public servers. Did that for a couple years until I found out what competitive CS was. Slowly got into that, playing with friends at first, then started taking it more serious as time went on. I couldn't play real sports anymore due to injuries, so this was the next best thing, since I'm a real competitive guy.

After a few years I slowly started to rise through the ranks of the league to where finally, at the end of CS 1.6 and the beginning of CSGO, I made it to the professional level. By this time, I was all over the country attending LAN tournaments, getting free computer gear from sponsors, and receiving a small monthly salary. Then I got old, my skill diminished, and real life took over, so I hung it up.

So I guess, yes, this was my biggest achievement in video games. From around the age of 14/15, up until 32, I played only one game, dedicating myself to become better and trying to reach the top. And I can say I did. To play with and against some of the biggest names in the game, is something I'll never forget. I looked up to these guys when I first started playing. Mimic'd my game after them. Tried to teach myself how to play by watching them. Fast forward 10+ years and these guys I once looked up to, are now some of my closest friends. What a ride.

/endrant

Last edited:

member 157595

I'm old and not very good at games, so the following are the only accomplishments I can think of:

- Beat Gradius III (SNES, *not* Arcade) on Hard difficulty without a death(I'm somewhat proud of this)
- Beat Super C (NES) without a death without using the spread gun (not that hard to do)
- Beat Megaman 2, 3 and 4 (NES) all without a death(not a big deal, doing that with the 1st game would be a big deal)
- Beat StarTropics and Ninja Gaiden on an actual NES (both fairly recently for the first time, Act 6-2 of NG still haunts me in my dreams. But beating a game you couldn't beat as a kid is a pretty great feeling)
- actually sat through the Famicom version of Final Fantasy II without killing myself or anyone else (a very big deal)

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Was ranked 82nd in the world with my partner in Starcraft's 2vs2 ladder when it was at the peak of popularity. Played and beat a few professional players at the time, Grubby and FruitDealer among them.

Pulled off a ridiculous move to kill Ninja in PUBG while he was duo-ing with Summit back when the game first game out. My buddy was lit up (Ninja thought it was me, but it wasn't), so I jumped over the railing of a staircase from the second floor and took his head off with one shot. You can see the clip here if interested:

Those are the two that stand out to me right now.

(and no, I didn't intentionally save that clip, it was posted on a Discord and really easy to find)

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
- Beat Megaman 2, 3 and 4 (NES) all without a death(not a big deal, doing that with the 1st game would be a big deal)

It just so happened that I loaded up MegaMan (1) the other day and was surprised by just how hard it is from the very beginning. I was getting slapped around left and right by the first enemies that you encounter on the first level. I was scared that I was a lot worse than I was as a kid, so I then started up MegaMan 2 and found that it was a lot easier (still not "easy" but fair) and more like how I remembered the MegaMan games.

Reactions: OmniCube

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
I won a number of highlight competitions run by EA for their NHL series way back. It got to the point where people were saying I ripped clips from trailers, guys were swiping the footage for YouTube montages and EA straight up stopped sending me prizes.

Also, I was once ranked number 28 in Rocket League. Granted, it was only for a day. The day it came out. Shut up, it counts.

In Pokemon Blue, I made it through Rock Cave without using Flash (it was my first time playing it, didn't know what flash was)

Common Sense

Dec 29, 2010
Knife only runs in the original RE1 and RE3
MGS4 Big Boss emblem
GTA: Vice City 100% completion

member 157595

It just so happened that I loaded up MegaMan (1) the other day and was surprised by just how hard it is from the very beginning. I was getting slapped around left and right by the first enemies that you encounter on the first level. I was scared that I was a lot worse than I was as a kid, so I then started up MegaMan 2 and found that it was a lot easier (still not "easy" but fair) and more like how I remembered the MegaMan games.

Megaman I makes no attempt to be your friend or be subtle in any way. It's "Nintendo Hard". No Mega Buster, no energy tanks, no powerups other than enemy weapons and the (admittedly fun at times) magnet beam. I sometimes wonder if some of Capcom's Ghosts & Goblins engineers were cheating on Arthur with Megaman in 1986-1987, because MMI has some segments where you really need to memorize everything perfectly, whereas the latter games are heavier on reflexes than muscle memory IMO.

Megaman I is the raw, punk album-y Megaman game. Unrefined as shit and brutal at times but you know you love it.

member 157595

Starting and finishing A Link to the Past in six hours, while getting all heart pieces and not dying.

God I love that game so much. My favorite in the series and in my opinion (some say OOT) the best as well.

A Link to the Past and Super Metroid are both untouchable to me...I could sit down and play either of those at any time and still love them just as much as when I was a kid. I know I'm extremely biased but I'd put them up against any console games ever made and I think they're just as brilliant now as they were then.

Reactions: Jovavic

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
God I love that game so much. My favorite in the series and in my opinion (some say OOT) the best as well.

A Link to the Past and Super Metroid are both untouchable to me...I could sit down and play either of those at any time and still love them just as much as when I was a kid. I know I'm extremely biased but I'd put them up against any console games ever made and I think they're just as brilliant now as they were then.

Same, and it's been so long since I last played them I've probably forgotten where things like heart pieces or missle upgrades are lol

member 157595

I beat I wanna Be the Guy.

I used to be a teacher at the time it was new, and one of my students introduced me to it.

I believe we then downloaded it onto my then-work computer (I was in YOLO mode at that point since I already knew I was resigning) and played it after school. They got a kick out of my suffering.

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
I've won about 5 games of Warcraft 3 4v4 when all 3 of my teammates quit.

Also, one time I wrecked my friend's girlfriend at Mortal Kombat II after she talked a ton of shit about being great at it

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I've won about 5 games of Warcraft 3 4v4 when all 3 of my teammates quit.

Also, one time I wrecked my friend's girlfriend at Mortal Kombat II after she talked a ton of **** about being great at it
giphy.gif

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I used to be a teacher at the time it was new, and one of my students introduced me to it.

I believe we then downloaded it onto my then-work computer (I was in YOLO mode at that point since I already knew I was resigning) and played it after school. They got a kick out of my suffering.
That game is merciless. Took me at least a hundred tries just to beat the Final Boss. I recorded my playthrough of it and eventually just stopped saving the video until I actually beat the guy.

I enjoy a good, challenging platformer but IWBTG is just another level.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Gran Turismo 5 platinum trophy
151 Pokedex in Pokémon Yellow
Winning the Champions League in Football Manager 2007 with a team that cost less than 5 million pounds

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Accomplishment? I dunno...but sweet sweet Claire was a quarter machine when it came to Mortal Combat at the local roller rink. "Cost" me a hug n a kiss...oh the agony

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
-2nd best in the world at certain Forza 2 races and a Perfect Dark Zero campaign mission (kept a leaderboard based on your time, accuracy, etc.);
-Being top 50 in the world in NHL on Xbox 360 - can't recall the exact year, somewhere between 2010 - 2013.
-Getting numerous perfection medals in various Halo games' multiplayer (finishing the game with at least 15 kills and 0 deaths).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00