What are your biggest video game accomplishments?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
What are some of the things you've done in games that you are most proud of? Whether its achievements, skill ranking, time played, etc.

Pretty open ended question, very curious to hear what you guys say. I'll list a few of mine to get this going, I suppose this will be in order

1. Getting to Master in Overwatch
- I was skeptical to even buy OW in the first places because I don't really like shooters, but after placing in gold in season 1, I grinded my way to Masters by season 16

2. 100% Red Dead Redemption 2
- This was more of a test of sheer will rather than actual skill, but I got it done

3. S-Rank all missions in MGSV
- Haven't gotten myself to 100% the game yet, just have mission objectives left, but this was a huge chunk of that and was quite challenging

4. Caught all 150 Pokemon in Leaf Green
- My first real accomplishment. I did have my brother trade me the exclusives from Fire Red, how else are you supposed to get them

5. Made a character who could do uber-Trist runs in Diablo II
- Those that know, know

Alright hopefully this will get some good conversation going. What are your guys best accomplishments?

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
  • 100% Achievements on the Steam version of Celeste (all B-Sides/C-Sides/Strawberries/Crystal Hearts/secrets, etc.)
  • Approximately 46 minute Any% Speed run in Celeste
  • Had a perfect run in Into the Breach on Hard Mode (No casualties & all objectives completed)
Beyond that, just pretty normal accomplishments that personally felt really gratifying, such as beating games like Ikaruga/Contra III without cheating (Super Meat Boy too, but that honestly didn't seem as bad as its reputation suggested).

Last edited:

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Beating Mike Tyson when I was about 8 years old. I still remember the thrill that lasted the rest of the day.

Also, I remember how relieved I was to get the final star in Super Mario Galaxy 2. “The Perfect Run” in the Grandmaster Galaxy. I remember that level took me a couple hundred tries before I beat it.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I have every single achievement unlocked in Lawbreakers. Considering the game shut down like 6 months after release, I would say that's a rare accomplishment that can't be done anymore.

I also held a world record for a couple days on a level in Clustertruck in the first week of release. That was pretty cool, the only time I've ever been #1 in the world in anything.

Reactions: tealhockey

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Nothing crazy like a world record or a quick speed run, but I defeated Slave Knight Gael solo. I was quite please with myself after that.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Beating Emerald Weapon maybe? For all I know everyone's done that, but I sure was pumped all those years ago.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Beating Mike Tyson when I was about 8 years old. I still remember the thrill that lasted the rest of the day.

Beat Mike Tyson's Punch Out from start to finish without getting hit.

I came here to say Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, as well. I didn't do it in any remarkable fashion, but just beating the game (and, especially, Mike Tyson, the heavyweight champion at the time) seemed like a huge accomplishment back then.

I was also pretty proud of myself for beating all 100 levels of Wrecking Crew (also for the NES).

I would say that beating Ghosts 'n Goblins (also for the NES) is up there, too, except that that game was evil in that it required you to play through the whole game again, at a higher difficulty, to finish it. I "only" completed the entire course on the normal difficulty, so I didn't technically "beat it." Hmfph!

In fact, most of the games that gave me the biggest thrill were probably NES games. They just seemed really difficult, either because they actually were (and games have gotten more easily beatable since) or simply because I was a kid at the time... or maybe both.

Last edited:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I came here to say Mike Tyson's Punch Out!, as well. I wasn't 8 and I didn't do it in any remarkable fashion, but just beating the game seemed like a huge accomplishment back in the NES days.

Neck and neck with that is probably beating all 100 levels of Wrecking Crew (also for the NES).

I would say that beating Ghosts 'n Goblins (also for the NES) is up there, too, except that that game was evil in that it required you to play through the whole game again, at a higher difficulty, to count as beating it. I "only" completed the entire course on the normal difficulty, so I didn't technically "beat it." Hmfph!

In fact, most of the games that gave me a comparable thrill were probably NES games, as well. NES games just seemed really difficult, either because they actually were (and games have gotten more easily beatable since) or simply because I was a kid at the time... or maybe both.
There's a reason why the term "NES Hard" exists. Some of those games are/were insane. Never could beat Ninja Gaiden and now that I'm old and my reflexes have whittled away I never will lol.

And ya I can vividly remember the first time I beat Tyson. It was by decision and I went ballistic. My mom came running to see what the hell happened.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
full undetected pacifist run of Splinter Cell Blacklist

100% Super Meat Boy with a keyboard

30 straight 4-kills in Dead By Daylight

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What are some of the things you've done in games that you are most proud of? Whether its achievements, skill ranking, time played, etc.

Pretty open ended question, very curious to hear what you guys say. I'll list a few of mine to get this going, I suppose this will be in order

1. Getting to Master in Overwatch
- I was skeptical to even buy OW in the first places because I don't really like shooters, but after placing in gold in season 1, I grinded my way to Masters by season 16

2. 100% Red Dead Redemption 2
- This was more of a test of sheer will rather than actual skill, but I got it done

3. S-Rank all missions in MGSV
- Haven't gotten myself to 100% the game yet, just have mission objectives left, but this was a huge chunk of that and was quite challenging

4. Caught all 150 Pokemon in Leaf Green
- My first real accomplishment. I did have my brother trade me the exclusives from Fire Red, how else are you supposed to get them

5. Made a character who could do uber-Trist runs in Diablo II
- Those that know, know

Alright hopefully this will get some good conversation going. What are your guys best accomplishments?

In no particular order...

- Uber Tristam runs with unconventional characters (I loved doing it with a Summon Necro)
- Beating Penance in FFX
- For a long time I was top 100 ranked for HC in Black Ops 3
- Winning multiple MLG matches in MW3
- Completed every challenge in Tony Hawk 3 & 4
- Beat all super bosses in KH1 on proud mode

I'm sure there are more but I've been playing video games for 25+ years... there are some games I have forgotten about entirely :laugh:

saluki

Nov 18, 2017
I'd probably put finishing the original Tomb Raider on PS1 when I was young without resorting to any walkthroughs, tips, or hints at the top of my list. Figured it all out on my own. Some of those puzzles were pretty hard iirc.

I didn't have internet at the time. I think I used hints on all the other PS TR games.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
There's a reason why the term "NES Hard" exists. Some of those games are/were insane. Never could beat Ninja Gaiden and now that I'm old and my reflexes have whittled away I never will lol.

I like to think that it's not so much that we've lost the reflexes, but that we've lost the patience and determination. NES games tended to be hard partly because you were expected to try and fail repeatedly. In other words, our reflexes may not have been much better as kids; we just had more willingness to try and fail until we succeeded. Nowadays, I get rather impatient when I have to re-play an area of a game more than a few times. In fact, I've been playing The Messenger (an homage to Ninja Gaiden) and even just having to re-play an area once irritates me. A lot of games these days are easy enough and forgiving enough that we often get through areas of them and reach the next checkpoint on the first try. It makes us soft, but, also, many of us are more casual players than we used to be and don't want to pour hundreds of hours into each game like we did as kids.

What also made a lot of NES games hard was the unforgiving nature of the heath/lives and save systems. You might be given 3 lives and expected to complete the whole game in one sitting (like Super Mario Bros.), starting over at the beginning if you died one too many times. If you were lucky, the game gave you a save code so that you could resume at a particular point. I think that a big reason why so many people (like me) actually successfully beat Mike Tyson's Punch Out! is that it had save codes. The club would be a lot smaller if everyone had to play through it in one sitting and beat Tyson on the only try.

Fortunately, for those of us who are too impatient and casual these days to complete a lot of NES games as intended, there are save states in emulators (including the one in the NES Classic), so that we can save and re-load our progress at any time, not just when/if the game lets us. That makes it a lot easier to finish games. It's sort of cheating, but, hey, the alternative is likely not playing through and enjoying the games at all, and we're much more interested in nostalgia than bragging rights these days. Using save states, I bet that you could finally finish Ninja Gaiden if you really wanted to.

Last edited:
Reactions: McRpro

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
This probably doesn't sound impressive, but just beating RDR2 was a big one for me. Not counting the EA NHL games, it had been like 20 years since the last time I played an actual action-adventure game and stuck with it. Pretty much every other game since Ocarina of Time* had bored or frustrated me to the point that I just stopped playing them.

*I did beat Mario Odyssey on the Switch, but that was super easy.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
I completed the National Dex in Pokemon Ruby when I was about 10.

Didn’t get to enjoy it because my little sister saved over it not long after it, and honestly since then I’ve found it hard to stick with a Pokémon game beyond the campaign or even through it.

Oh and I found a copy of Vib-Ribbon on PS1 before they released it on the PS3 store. Hardest rhythm game I’ve ever played, getting through any song above 120bpm is an achievement in my eyes. :laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm not really an achievement hunter, but I did win a game against the AI in Madden 13 (?) 102-3 or something like that in my online franchise that I was in with people I know.

TomP24684

Je m’appelle Tom
May 18, 2019
I won the Stanley Cup in an extremely competitive and full online gm connected nhl (either 14 or 15) league. It isn’t much to brag about, but as far as leagues went, on ps3, this was probably the best one out there. I was lucky to pull it off considering the members in the league and some of their online matchup play rankings.

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad