OT: What are you planning on doing (NO NHL) for the next couple of months?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Lots to do.

I have to finish my workshop, build a rec room and a storage area, my wife wants a cold cellar and wine racks, and I have to repair the parging, expand the back deck, and reshingle the front porch.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Anyone watch anything good on Prime Video? I have a subscription but never think to look at it.

I watched the first couple of seasons of High Castle but looked like they were going to start time travelling and that usually signals the writers are out of decent story lines.

Hunters is really interesting, Jack Ryan was surprisingly good, The boys as someone mentioned is great. It's not on prime but I haven't seen Mindhunter mentioned. It's solid too, about catching serial killers (and really the idea of serial killers) by using psychology for the first time (takes place 70s ish). The wire and sunny in Philly also are outstanding /have many seasons to tackle.

Reactions: egd27

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Always sunny in Philadelphia has 14 seasons and most are available on bell on demand now!.

Probably my favorite show of all time

Rock Flag and Eagle Walshy

"Suicide is badass" is still the funniest quote from all 14 seasons imo

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Pulled the trigger on a fully loaded bmw 435i m sport I’ve been eyeing for a while. Was always the “maybe next week” excuse until this outbreak made me realize you never know when you’re time on earth is done.

Used how bad the markets are as a bit of negotiation tactic to knock the price down a bit.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I currently work at a factory (my accounting job hasn't started yet, not until later in the year) but my hours were down from 40 to about 20 last week because of lower demand for the products. I went out to a job fair today, the details of which I saw on a poster a few weeks ago and was planning on going at the time anyways but was especially important now because of the impact of the current global predicament on my hours at the factory. I got the job! So now I have two jobs. Guessing I'm going to be working more than 40 hours a week :help: but maybe it toughens me up for the crazy hours involved in my hopefully soon to be public accounting job. And it is good money with all these hours . Which helps with what else I'll be doing and that is investing! Great time to invest right now.

Reactions: Alkalinesky

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
Pulled the trigger on a fully loaded bmw 435i m sport I’ve been eyeing for a while. Was always the “maybe next week” excuse until this outbreak made me realize you never know when you’re time on earth is done.

Used how bad the markets are as a bit of negotiation tactic to knock the price down a bit.

She’s old now, but I have a 335i coupe and can say you are going to have lots of fun with that car! Congrats and enjoy!

Reactions: 6ix

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agree on Better Call Saul. Second season of Westworld lost me.

Currently, I'm rewatching The Wire.

Drama wise. My favorite shows have been The Wire and The Sopranos. But, I'd absolutely throw recommendations for shows like Deadwood, Breaking Bad, Narcos (Narcos Mexico), Game of Thrones, The Shield, and The Deuce. Also some other mini-series out there like Show Me A Hero, True Detective season 1.

I'm excited for the new HBO mini-series on Sunday The Plot Against America. If it isn't obvious, I'm a huge supporter of David Simon's work (creator of The Wire). It might be worthwhile for someone to throw up a TV Show, Movie or Book recommendation thread.

good list.

I came to “The Wire” late after joining HFBoards and on one of the forms that was recommended so I gave it a go. I had enjoyed Homicide A Life on the Streets so it wasn’t a tough transition.

“The Wire “ was exceptional but based on a similar forms reaction it was not universally loved by guys I overlap with on these topics. I think it’s because it has a slow cadence at times, but isn’t that that the way it would be with surveillance? One of my favorite scenes was when Bunk and Omar met one on one by the tracks. It was just two guys talking that grew up in the same neighborhood and Bunk (as a cop) was able to get some shit off his chest about Omar (the brand) to his face. Omar’s reaction after Bunk got things off his chest really Sold it. That scene feels like it was written by someone who lived it.

The Wire is right up there with the best tv drama I have seen.

Fully agree on the Sopranos too.

Peaky Blinders (Netflix) was recommended to me by some friends I trust and I watched the first season and it was ok but I wasn’t really feeling it. I hung in because I heard “it gets better every season”. In Season 2 they introduced Alfie Solomons who is the head of the Jewish mob in post WW1 London. The character is played by Tom Hardy and the show really started at that point for me. Alpie is a beauty and Hardy’s acting is top shelf. One of my favorite characters ever in a TV show.

I have heard Chernobyl is very good and I am thinking of tackling that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 93LEAFS

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I am play waste paper bin basketball now.

Well I am not posting in the Covid19 thread anymore. I won't be doing that considering people are now completely twisting what I said in plain English. All I was doing was linking people to studies on mainstream and scientific sites.

Reactions: Anthrax442

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
giphy.gif

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
This Call of Duty battle royale free to play is pretty good

Hated Fortnite (could not handle the building). Apex was better but I sucked at it. This is simplified and im not terrible at it. I like the way weapon progression is handled. The gulag is an interesting respawn technique.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Decided to go back and watch some BMS (Blue Mountain State) last night

It's still bloody funny, I'm thinking of going through all those old school comedy's I used to love and giving them another watch

Reactions: leafsfan5

napoleon in rags

Fred's dead, Baby... Fred's dead
Jun 17, 2009
St. Helena
Had a 'gummy' last night and watched "Immortal Beloved" yet again. The scene where a young Beethoven runs from his father, runs through the woods, wades into a pond, and floats in a pool reflecting the cosmos, all set to the 4th movement of the 9th is mindblowing good... like Kubrick-brilliant. Gary Oldman is fabulous in the role of Ludwig van.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alkalinesky

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad