OT: What are you planning on doing (NO NHL) for the next couple of months?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Well, we have to do what we have to do. I just don't want to be a prisoner. How about gas stations, will gas be moving?

china hasnt locked people in their houses
italy hasnt locked people in their houses
spain hasnt locked people in their houese

why the hell would they do that in canada? there is a video an italy guy posted showing what it is like. Its exactly the same except you cant travel too far from your town or city unless its an emergency. In italy restaurants are still open but only for lunch and they close at 6PM and there is a 1 person per store policy at the grocery store, keep in mind italians and europeans in general dont go do big grocery shops so the 1 per store policy is for the local mum and pop shops

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018

why the hell would they do that in canada? there is a video an italy guy posted showing what it is like. Its exactly the same except you cant travel too far from your town or city unless its an emergency. In italy restaurants are still open but only for lunch and they close at 6PM and there is a 1 person per store policy at the grocery store, keep in mind italians and europeans in general dont go do big grocery shops so the 1 per store policy is for the local mum and pop shops
You don't have to actually lock anyone in their house. In Wuhan no private cars were allowed on da streets without written government permission. People were told you have 1 hour to go out of your home each day to get necessities. Enforcement was non existent but how far can you actually walk? We don't want to go to this extent here. But the reason we had a supply chain problem was workers could not get to work from January 23rd onwards.

Reactions: thewave

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
You don't have to actually lock anyone in their house. In Wuhan no private cars were allowed on da streets without written government permission. People were told you have 1 hour to go out of your home each day to get necessities. Enforcement was non existent but how far can you actually walk? We don't want to go to this extent here. But the reason we had a supply chain problem was workers could not get to work from January 23rd onwards.

yes exactly we will be confined to our neighborhoods but not stuck in our houses. You will be able to walk the dog for example or go grocery shopping

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I have DAZN to watch footie and it looks like they will be broadcasting the KHL playoffs. Will likely watch those games for something fun and a little different.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I have DAZN to watch footie and it looks like they will be broadcasting the KHL playoffs. Will likely watch those games for something fun and a little different.

isnt all the footie cancelled too? KHL stubbornly continuing playing is such a russian thing to do. Didnt jokerit pull out of the playoffs? one of the only non russian teams

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well, we have to do what we have to do. I just don't want to be a prisoner. How about gas stations, will gas be moving?
Why wouldn’t it. You don’t have to be in contact with anyone. Slam your card in, get yer gas and go

Cams

May 27, 2008
Windsor, ON
I'm curious is golf courses are going to open up as scheduled, and maybe have no walk up tee times, advanced only, and spread out the gap between tee times? No pairings with strangers? There are 2 open in the Windsor area already, but have not looked into it at all, still a bit cold to play for me.

Reactions: ACC1224

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

As long as people are civil and cooperate for the most part, things should stay much like they are now, with some minor adjustments. It's inconvenient but workable.

hd1344

Nov 16, 2012
The Hammer
I'm planning to catch up on my PVR and read alot. I'm usually well into reading baseball books this time of year before Opening Day, so I'll keep that going.

Also eventually get started on some exercise routines again - less distractions - now that I've brought my dumbbell set back to my place. Gonna try to hit the streets for walk/runs when its less crowded (morning/evening). Basically trying to be as socially distant as I can

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
Invent a vaccin so NHL can start again. Actually, we joke at the job about it. A Canadian company will have a vaccin on the table soon so the season wont get cancelled. There is just so much "no nhl" a canadian can take, and thats the playoffs. =)

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I think I’ll grow my hair out.

giphy.gif

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I think I’ll grow my hair out.

giphy.gif

Pookie, just got an email from the Golf club where I was a member last year (BC small town) saying, they'll be cleaning more, keeping sick employees away, etc, following and monitoring health guidance etc, but, so far, seems like they'll be opening. Selfishly on my part, golf is the main reason I return to Canada (from Korean) in the summers, or one of the main reasons for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad