what are you looking forward to the most this season?

goooal

May 3, 2009
Buffalo
Progression of our youngins, particularly Hodgson, Ennis, Foligno and most of all Myers.

Will Sekera be able to stay defensively dominate? Will his game flourish even more? Will he even be used in the same way this year?

Will Pommer maintain his high level of play?

How will Miller respond this year in the wake of last seasons lackluster play?

Will Sulzer maintain his strong play or will one of our young dmen beat him out for a starting job?

Can Grigs make the team and be impactual?

How will the subtraction of Roy and addition of Ott affect the heart of this team?

Does Leino prove his worth this season? Will it be at wing or center?

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
1) Hodgsons development as a top 6 center

2) Ennis's development as a top 6 center

3) Grigorenko's development as a top 6 center

4) Miller's mental status

5) Myers development as a #1 defenseman

Rivet52

Oct 10, 2008
Buffalo, NY
Seeing as I always look forward to seeing the new players play for us the most before the season starts every year, I'm excited for that as always. I always enjoy seeing the new faces, whether it be players who are playing their first games as Sabres or rookies who are playing their first games in the League let alone for the Sabres too. But, specifically:

Ott - I cannot wait to see him play as a Sabre. He's the kind of guy you hate when he's not on your team but love when he is and he's now on our side. Every interview I've seen tells me he's simply excited to be a Buffalo Sabre and can't wait to start so I can't wait for the grit, the hitting, the physical play, the fights, the pestering, the leadership, the faceoff abilities, the PKing, and most importantly in my mind the heart he'll bring to this team. I truly believe Ott was a HUGE piece missing from this team for quite a while and I've been excited to see him play ever since the day the trade was made. He's one of my favorites already.

Hodgson - Can't wait to see a full season in a top-six role for him (albeit a shortened season), with players like Vanek and Pominville likely his wingers. I'm a huge fan of his and really think we could have a combination of two of the best young centers in the League in Ennis and him for a long time coming. I think both have potential to score 70-80 points each in their primes, maybe more. Also want to see if Hodgson is used on the PK more; he was quite a bit last year, although with Hecht staying it might keep Hodgson off the top two units and might be better for him anyway so he can better concentrate on further developing his offensive game while still being defensively responsible at ES and PKing a little too.

Myers - Really want to see him have a better year and hope the best is yet to come. He was on-and-off last year and ever since Tallinder left hasn't really found a partner to really gel with but I really hope he can take the next step and further develop into an even better defenseman and use his size to his advantage. A bit of a mean streak or crease-clearing would be very welcome too.

Scott - Won't be flashy and might not play all the time, but I do want to see him fight. Should be entertaining and should feel good to likely have the winner of a fight on our team almost every time this guy's involved. The guy has never lost.

Foligno - Ennis - Stafford - This line was absolute magic and all three were clicking. The other two seemed to totally bring Stafford back to life and they seemed to be having fun playing together at the same times as racking up points. They were accountable for a GREAT chunk of goals late in the season as a line. Really excited to see just how good Foligno and Ennis can become. Mark my words, I feel Foligno will be a better player than Kassian, which will make that trade look even better for us. I think he's that good. Can't wait to watch the three of them in general regardless if the line stays together or not.

To see if this team can actually perform well consistently, as one losing streak could break this season for us due to a shortened one.

Grigorenko - Really excited to see if he makes the team. Can't wait to see if we have a future #1 center on our hands. Remember, his draft comparable was Jason Spezza. Gotta be excited when something like that is said about the guy you just drafted.

Leino - I, as many of you may know, have been a Leino believer ever since he got here. Had a poor first season here but I'm stoked to see what he can do this year. I'm really hopeful he'll be better but likely not having a top-six spot and not being with the two guys he seemed to play the best with (Roy and Pominville) worries me. Part of me wishes they put him with Hodgson and Pominville. Even if he can pot 10 goals in a 48 game season, I think would be sufficient.

Seeing my favorites play and do what they do best. Ehrhoff's laser and point production, Reggie's crushing hits and good defense, Vanek's goal-scoring, and Pommer's second year as captain and solid play at both ends.

Just bought my Hodgson home and Ott away jerseys yesterday. I'm ready for a good year! :D

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Seeing as I always look forward to seeing the new players play for us the most before the season starts every year, I'm excited for that as always. I always enjoy seeing the new faces, whether it be players who are playing their first games as Sabres or rookies who are playing their first games in the League let alone for the Sabres too. But, specifically:

Ott - I cannot wait to see him play as a Sabre. He's the kind of guy you hate when he's not on your team but love when he is and he's now on our side. Every interview I've seen tells me he's simply excited to be a Buffalo Sabre and can't wait to start so I can't wait for the grit, the hitting, the physical play, the fights, the pestering, the leadership, the faceoff abilities, the PKing, and most importantly in my mind the heart he'll bring to this team. I truly believe Ott was a HUGE piece missing from this team for quite a while and I've been excited to see him play ever since the day the trade was made. He's one of my favorites already.

Hodgson - Can't wait to see a full season in a top-six role for him (albeit a shortened season), with players like Vanek and Pominville likely his wingers. I'm a huge fan of his and really think we could have a combination of two of the best young centers in the League in Ennis and him for a long time coming. I think both have potential to score 70-80 points each in their primes, maybe more. Also want to see if Hodgson is used on the PK more; he was quite a bit last year, although with Hecht staying it might keep Hodgson off the top two units and might be better for him anyway so he can better concentrate on further developing his offensive game while still being defensively responsible at ES and PKing a little too.

Myers - Really want to see him have a better year and hope the best is yet to come. He was on-and-off last year and ever since Tallinder left hasn't really found a partner to really gel with but I really hope he can take the next step and further develop into an even better defenseman and use his size to his advantage. A bit of a mean streak or crease-clearing would be very welcome too.

Scott - Won't be flashy and might not play all the time, but I do want to see him fight. Should be entertaining and should feel good to likely have the winner of a fight on our team almost every time this guy's involved. The guy has never lost.

Foligno - Ennis - Stafford - This line was absolute magic and all three were clicking. The other two seemed to totally bring Stafford back to life and they seemed to be having fun playing together at the same times as racking up points. They were accountable for a GREAT chunk of goals late in the season as a line. Really excited to see just how good Foligno and Ennis can become. Mark my words, I feel Foligno will be a better player than Kassian, which will make that trade look even better for us. I think he's that good. Can't wait to watch the three of them in general regardless if the line stays together or not.

To see if this team can actually perform well consistently, as one losing streak could break this season for us due to a shortened one.

Grigorenko - Really excited to see if he makes the team. Can't wait to see if we have a future #1 center on our hands. Remember, his draft comparable was Jason Spezza. Gotta be excited when something like that is said about the guy you just drafted.

Leino - I, as many of you may know, have been a Leino believer ever since he got here. Had a poor first season here but I'm stoked to see what he can do this year. I'm really hopeful he'll be better but likely not having a top-six spot and not being with the two guys he seemed to play the best with (Roy and Pominville) worries me. Part of me wishes they put him with Hodgson and Pominville. Even if he can pot 10 goals in a 48 game season, I think would be sufficient.

Seeing my favorites play and do what they do best. Ehrhoff's laser and point production, Reggie's crushing hits and good defense, Vanek's goal-scoring, and Pommer's second year as captain and solid play at both ends.

Just bought my Hodgson home and Ott away jerseys yesterday. I'm ready for a good year! :D

So you're pretty much excited about everything right? :) ME TOO! :laugh:

moltenlava26

Jul 10, 2011
I am interested to see which Miller we get this year. The mentally unprepared guy who lets in softies or the vezina caliber goalie we saw 2 years ago. When this team was generally heathy in the second half of the season, they were monsters, but every year, the slow start demon creeps back. The first ten minutes puts them in a hole, and they can't dig out.

I agree that Lenio is playing this year to not be bought out but who will/should be the second buyout candidate? The FA class, for now, looks extremely dynamic. The biggest contracts are Vanek and Miller. Could they play inconsistently enough to warrant trades for the remaining 2/3 of the Roch core?

I believe the Sabres make the playoffs this year. The leafs, send, and habs don't scare me. The Bs lost Timmy T, can Rask stay heathy?

Go Ott, Foligno, and hodgson!!!! I'm ready!

Oh, and I'll be checking out Mr Roy on my center ice package to see what he brings in Dallas...

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I am interested to see which Miller we get this year. The mentally unprepared guy who lets in softies or the vezina caliber goalie we saw 2 years ago. When this team was generally heathy in the second half of the season, they were monsters, but every year, the slow start demon creeps back. The first ten minutes puts them in a hole, and they can't dig out.

I agree that Lenio is playing this year to not be bought out but who will/should be the second buyout candidate? The FA class, for now, looks extremely dynamic. The biggest contracts are Vanek and Miller. Could they play inconsistently enough to warrant trades for the remaining 2/3 of the Roch core?

I believe the Sabres make the playoffs this year. The leafs, send, and habs don't scare me. The Bs lost Timmy T, can Rask stay heathy?

Go Ott, Foligno, and hodgson!!!! I'm ready!

Oh, and I'll be checking out Mr Roy on my center ice package to see what he brings in Dallas...

Leino's really the only prime buyout candidate. If they were to buy out anyone else it'd either be 1. a guy they take off a team's hand in exchange for something (assuming this is allowed -- no one's indicated otherwise) or 2. a player with a modest contract whom they're getting rid of for non-cap reasons, nonetheless taking advantage of the cap savings via this method.

I guess you could make the argument that one could at least consider buying out Ehrhoff 2 summers from now due to the new rules on prexisting long contracts (which are horrible btw as preventing new ones in the future solved the problem already), but I just don't see that being seriously considered unless a lot changes between now and then.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
Although I'm a Devils fan, Buffalo takes a close second.

I can't wait to see Ott, Scott and Kaleta on the ice. I'm hoping it plays like the team did in the late 90s/early 00s. Mainly the Ray/May/Barnaby line. Just a gritty, raw grindstone of a team.

Watching Foligno too.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I want the Miller of late last season, all season.

I cannot wait to watch a game again. I swore I wasn't going to care if hockey came back or not. I was just fooling myself.
$50 Center Ice on top of it. ****ing awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad