what are you looking forward to the most this season?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
A majority of us agree this team is not a cup contender. I believe there is a shot at the playoffs, though. So, it's obvious this is more of a rebuild year. What are you guys looking forward to?

For me it's:

How the new core progresses. Hodgsons, Ennis, Foligno, myers...etc

How the team responds to being pushed around.

How much of an impact will Grigs have. He'll get his 5 games i suspect.

Will the defense become the unit we all hoped they would become.

Last edited:

BWidz8930

Jul 6, 2012
1. Watching games again (withdrawal was wayyyy worse than I anticipated)

2. Who can stay energized/healthy in this sprint of a season?

3. Which versions of Hodgson, Ennis, and Stafford will show up?

4. Grigorenko's 5(+?) games

5. Whether Sekera can continue to be a poor man's shutdown D if Lindy continues to give him the bulk of the D-zone FO's.

6. Whether Brennan can be a factor offensively at the highest level and/or play a half-decent game in his own end (or get traded)

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If I'm picking one thing it's the FES line. I want to see how the line turns out with elevated responsibility, as well as the progression (or regression or returning to the mean) of each individual player.

Honorable mention: The Ott Effect -- How the team stacks up in agitation, physical play, general amusement, etc.

Other things include: Seeing if Miller is locked in all season long, how the defense continues to shape as a unit (especially how Sekera and Myers progress), Hodgson

Clock

May 13, 2006
Seeing Grigs.

That's about it.

Yeah. Watching the youngsters play and starting to move the generational flag away from the old Rochester core will be interesting. Definitely a feeling of starting down a fresh path.

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
I cant wait to see Vanek make a run for the Rocket.
Also Foligno, Grigorenko, Myers and the rest of the gang.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
FES, Hodgson and Grigorenko are obvious answers, but I'm also interested to see if the Ott and Scott additions bring a culture change (team toughness) and if Leino can rebound from his miserable year.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
Looking forward to the importance of every game. The shortened season makes every game matter that much more. I'd love to see the new core get off to a fast start and eventually be able to see some sabres playoff hockey.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Literally everything, I cannot wait to watch some hockey. It just isn't normal being winter without hockey. The NFL is ending soon and I need something to watch and enjoy!

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I want to watch hockey so freaking bad.

Beyond that, I want to see what this team does. And if it goes bad again, is Pegula still patient.

I also can't wait to see this guy in a Sabres jersey:

8468505.jpg

Last edited:

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
If the Foligno-Ennis-Stafford line is legit and continue their play from last season.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Basically excited to see how the young'ns do. Foligno, Grigs, Hodgson, Myers, etc.
Also excited to see if Foligno as a regular + Ott + Scott actually brings a noticeable culture change to the team.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Yeah. Watching the youngsters play and starting to move the generational flag away from the old Rochester core will be interesting. Definitely a feeling of starting down a fresh path.

bingo

1st - Sabres Hockey
2nd - The Youth Movement
3rd - Closer to the End of the Old Core

McCauleyChirps

Gare's "Partner"
May 20, 2006
Rochester, NY
I'm looking forward to see how Leino does. He obviously has to know he is on the hot seat for the potential buyout. He is essentially playing for his contract and the overpayment we gave him.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Ennis, Hodgson, Foligno, Myers and possibly Grigorenko if he plays. I am generally excited to just have hockey back in general. I know some of you want to tank this year but I would rather us do well and have Ennis, Hodgson and Myers take that next step and become very good players.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Ennis, Hodgson, Foligno, Myers and possibly Grigorenko if he plays. I am generally excited to just have hockey back in general. I know some of you want to tank this year but I would rather us do well and have Ennis, Hodgson and Myers take that next step and become very good players.

I would never want the Sabres to tank. I want to see some playoff hockey more then anything! Anything can happen once your in the playoffs. Even more so with the CBA changes with the new draft weighted percentages. It encourages teams to play hard through the entire season.

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
1. Grigs
2. Foligno and Ennis
3. Hodgson
4. Myers
5. Enroth
6. Ott
7. Pominville and Vanek
8. Regher's Tunnel o' Death

Above all else, inspired hockey. I don't remember the last time I had faith in this team. Actually, I do. It was 2006.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
Having set lines for every game instead of going into each game having no idea what the lines will look like...this is my dream.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I see the shortened season as being a "free" year to work out the kinks, make adjustments, solidify roles, jell as a team and just simply improve w/o all the undertow that goes along with the GM or coach doing things in order to save their job versus what's best for the long term.

Who knows........ the guys who played in Rochester should already have their game legs and might jump right out and take it the old guys who've done little more than condition skate since Sept.

Playoff qualification would be icing on the cake.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad