what are you looking forward to the most this season?

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
I'm looking forward to more passion (on the ice and hopefully in the stands) and another year of Rick Jeanneret calling the games.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I see the shortened season as being a "free" year to work out the kinks, make adjustments, solidify roles, jell as a team and just simply improve w/o all the undertow that goes along with the GM or coach doing things in order to save their job versus what's best for the long term.

Who knows........ the guys who played in Rochester should already have their game legs and might jump right out and take it the old guys who've done little more than condition skate since Sept.

Playoff qualification would be icing on the cake.
1000% this!!

I'm looking forward to more passion (on the ice and hopefully in the stands) and another year of Rick Jeanneret calling the games.
1001% this!!

Beyond that, although I have historically never focused on his play, I'll be curious to watch how Miller plays the first dozen games or so. That, in a nutshell, will determine for me what the Sabres asymptote will be this season.

Upstater

Feb 16, 2008
A full season of Hodgson.

Seeing what Ott brings to the table.

Seeing how long Grigs will stick with the club because 6-games just doesn't seem like it is enough.

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Excited mostly to watch Grigs, FES and Hodgson and their progression...

Side note, I am also interested in seeing how Regier handles the trade deadline this year if we are a bubble team.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Not sure really.

I fully expect this team to finish in no-man's land again, 10th-11th, so a playoff berth would pleasantly surprise me.

I'm really looking forward to what this team MIGHT look like 3 years from now, but for, it's more of the same: lack of size/grit in the top-6, no great top-end talent outside of Vanek, lack of skill among the bottom-6, inconsistent D, etc.

Honestly though, I'd rather give an effort and finish 10th then suck for ages a la Oilers and Pens and then boast how we built a great team later.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Looking forward to....

Watching the (hopefully) positive development of:

Hodgson
Ennis
Myers (I think he's still developing)
Weber
Foligno

Watching the older veterans have better years than last year:

Vanek
Pominville (he didn't have a bad year, but could always improve)
Miller
Stafford
Leino
Regehr

Seeing what Ott can or can't do to help the club.
Watching Gerbe bounce back to a quick feisty pest that pops in 10-12 goals.

TheWook

Nov 4, 2012
Rochester
Just watching younger players play for me.

Will be interesting to see the effect Ott and a full season of Foligno has on the team.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I'm looking forward to Otter stirring up all sorts of trouble on the ice, and RJ's corresponding call as the mayhem unfolds.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
I'm looking forward to Otter stirring up all sorts of trouble on the ice, and RJ's corresponding call as the mayhem unfolds.

Excited for this as well, Ott is one of the most hated players in the league and it's always entertaining having one of those guys on your team. Well, now we have Ott and Kaleta, so we actually have 2 of the top 5 most hated guys in the league :laugh:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I love Kaleta :laugh: Always have haha.

I'm excited to maybe see Grigs play and do some nice work! As well as everyone getting healthy again, Miller staying that way hopefully.

EC09

Cleveland Sports Fan
Jun 16, 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
I'm just looking forward to my first full season of NHL hockey. Lockout-shortened season is a perfect way to get adjusted. Will be ready for next season.

Apr 5, 2011
Newcastle, England.
Just watching hockey again; even if it does mess up my sleep pattern :)

Interested in seeing how Ennis and Hodgson will do this season. How the addition of Ott will affect the dynamic of the team (if any).

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
1. Hockey in general :handclap:
2. FES
3. Hodgson's development
Mostly excited about the young guys. also hoping myers/sekera can become a solid 1st pair

1TuchAnd1NoTuch

Jul 26, 2011
Buffalo
I cant wait to see Vanek make a run for the Rocket.
Also Foligno, Grigorenko, Myers and the rest of the gang.

If vanek gets hot I think he could really put together an impressive season, remember he was top ten in points for about the first 40 games last season before plagued by injuried

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Hoisting the Cup after a double OT game six at home ;)

Last edited:

Sean McG

Dec 27, 2009
Niagara on the Lake, ON
1. Hockey just being back. Throughout most of the lockout I've kind of taken the stance that I wasn't really all that bothered without hockey. Now that it's back I am SO excited to get going to the games again and just watching two or three games a night.

2. Grigs. One of the reasons I didn't have such a big problem with the lockout is that I knew this wasn't the Sabres year, wouldn't be surprised if they made the playoffs, wouldn't be surprised if they were pretty bad. Viewed it as a year to develop everyone. I think Grigs will make the team, and he'll be a ton of fun to watch. Also, I really hope I can somehow be there for his first goal at FNC... the arena is going to absolutely explode when he gets his first. Be cool to see him introduced to the fans, too.

3. Hodgson. He's been playing a ton of minutes for Rochester and should be ready from the get go, I suspect he'll get an opportunity between Vanek and Pommer, and we'll see if he can be a top six guy. I don't think 35 or so points in this 48 game season is that ridiculous of a goal for him.

4. Foligno, Ennis, Stafford. Curious to see if this line works again. Wouldn't be very surprised if it lasted shorter than 10 games.

5. Ott. He seems to be pretty excited about the season and he's a guy you love to have on your team. I think the arena will get pretty loud for his first goal, too.

Just excited for hockey talk. Missed it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad