What are you getting for Christmas/what are you hoping for?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Was in Dubai past couple weeks, now flying back to Saudi, my gf still lives in Hong Kong, family in Mtl, no public holidays in this part of the world, dont even realize it's Christmas.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
I just want to get vegetarian cookbooks. Trying to live more sustainably.

I'm glad for you. I adopted a mostly vegetarian diet, for that reason, sustainability. When I do eat meat, I eat what I call "b" animals. Less popular animals, goose, boar, bison, goat, rabbit. Animals that aren't being rushed and over farmed. Cliche term but flexitarian diet is the future.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Got my fingers crossed that a hummer is on the way.;)

upload_2019-12-25_12-8-19.jpeg

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
A good hangover :laugh:

And I got this one for my children ... and for me as well I must confess :naughty:

71-1145-05-Play-Off-21-Sweden-Canada.jpg

That looks like Sweden playing Canada! :) Stiga is a swedish company so most likely the blue and yellow are "Tre Kronor" I used to play a lot when I was a kid. We even put potato starch on the "ice" to make the puck go faster. That brings up nice memories from when I was 8-10 years old. Very nice.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I bought myself the Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch which I really like. You can even swim down to 50 meters depth (not that I would do or could do that). It's a great tracker of workouts, it will get ECG in february. Battery lasts 2 days and I use quite a bit (BT music using headphones, sms, emails, weather. My son is coming over in half an hour and I have made traditional Swedish Christmas food plus turkey as well. He even eats pickled herring.

Death

Formerly reaping souls as Death ...
Apr 24, 2014
France, Alps
That looks like Sweden playing Canada! :) Stiga is a swedish company so most likely the blue and yellow are "Tre Kronor" I used to play a lot when I was a kid. We even put potato starch on the "ice" to make the puck go faster. That brings up nice memories from when I was 8-10 years old. Very nice.

It is Canada VS Sweden indeed ;)

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

atrud66

Tank Tabarnack
Aug 5, 2014
Montreal
I'm glad for you. I adopted a mostly vegetarian diet, for that reason, sustainability. When I do eat meat, I eat what I call "b" animals. Less popular animals, goose, boar, bison, goat, rabbit. Animals that aren't being rushed and over farmed. Cliche term but flexitarian diet is the future.

I'm similar to you. Over the last few months, I've mostly gone vegetarian. When I cook, the meals I prepare are vegetarian. If I go out to a nice restaurant, I'll sometimes order fish, seafood, or meat but I stay away from beef and lamb now. I've also been doing my grocery shopping at zero-waste stores and farmer's markets. It's impossible to live a perfectly sustainable lifestyle and I'm constantly learning but I've found over the past few months that it's really easy to reduce your carbon footprint and your waste (especially plastic) by making some relatively easy choices that don't inconvenience you or reduce your quality of life.

I found this video really helpful. It gives you an idea of the carbon footprint of different types of food.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad