What are the odds of Karlsson re-signing in SJ?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I find it likely but at the same time who knows. No way to really predict the odds of this happening but it probably has a lot to do with how the year goes and if he and his wife like it there

Reactions: egelband and Fixxer

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Think it's very likely. Going from whatever mutated donkey abortion the Senators are calling themselves now to a consistent model franchise. There's depth around him now, if he really wants to win and win soon there's maybe two or three better options out there. Plus all the cool kids live in California.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Karlsson is Jesus Christ. He just came back from the dead (Ottawa) and will only stay on earth (SJ) a short while, before he goes to Heaven (Buffalo).

Dahlin-Karlsson 2019-2028.

PP of...

Mittelstadt-Eichel-Nylander

Dahlin-Karlsson

❣❣❣

Last edited:

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
They are the contenders imo. And if he does SJ not only stole Karlsson from Ottawa, but they stole Karlsson from Tampa, VGK, and Dallas.

Reactions: egelband

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
If he want a chance on sc he should move away from that retirement home. I honestly do not get that move at all, san jose should focus on rebuild, they are not much better than ottawa. Their forwards are pretty medicore and are getting very old. He should move to tamba or something like that.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If he want a chance on sc he should move away from that retirement home. I honestly do not get that move at all, san jose should focus on rebuild, they are not much better than ottawa. Their forwards are pretty medicore and are getting very old. He should move to tamba or something like that.

The team with 100 points without Karlsson is not much better than the one with 67 with him?

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Tamba.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
The team with 100 points without Karlsson is not much better than the one with 67 with him?

What they have done in the past is not very intresting when you are looking forward, at least with such a aging team like san jose, it just screams rebuild from san jose. Look at the players in the team, they have no elite fairly young forwards (even their d-men are getting old), Thornton is still their best forward, and he is getting very old.

Btw, ottawa went to sc semifinal with karlsson and got 67 p the season after with karlsson, and with basically the same team, and sc semifinal beats 100p i would say.

San jose best days is behind them for a while. Maybe Karlsson can give some new energy, but that will be short lived. Not the team he should sign a long term contract with. I would not be surprise at all if san jose missed playoff, it is a aging medicore team, and people that say that they are favorites to sc are out of their minds, they are closer to get hughes then sc.

Reactions: McDynasty

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I think, like others have said, it'd dependent on their success this season. Honestly though, if you're going to sign an 8 year contract with San Jose, you better be ready for about 5-6 of those potentially being a borderline/non-playoff team as Thornton/Pavelski/Burns either leave or show their age.

My opinion is that he bails at the end of the year but I wouldn't really be surprised if he stuck around for the area/lifestyle.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
What does San Jose look like next year?

Kane Couture Hertl
Karlsson Pavelski Meier

Vlasic Burns
Dillon Braun

Jones

Doubt it.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I think that if he was going to re-sign in SJ there is a decent chance he would have already. I think with every passing day there is less of a chance that he stays there. I think he signs with Boston or Tampa mainly because I heard that those are the two teams that both offered more than SJ. I'm not at all sure how true that is, but it would make for an interesting scenario with Karlsson in the same division as Ottawa. So basically that is what I want to see happen:laugh:

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I think it is likely they will re-sign him. They were willing to throw 13 million at Tavares I am sure they will offer Karlsson at least as much.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I give it 50-50. Probably has no intention when being traded, with the Sharks doing everything to win him over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad