News Article: What are the Leafs even doing at the 3C Position?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I didn't say there wouldn't be more money from endorsements, but I'm not convinced the difference would be as sizable as it's made out to be.

And, my opinion was developed based on reports I read back during Stamkos' run up to Free Agency, some of which cited tax experts. It certainly wasn't unfair to think they would be accurate before being shown anything contradictory. No offense meant, but I had no reason to just take your word for it.

Opinions are fluid. With this now I can change mine.

FWIW though, seems pretty unclear from the wikipedia IMO how much this jock tax actually amounts to as it doesn't seem to be % based, but an arbitrary figure. Very weird.

You sir are an HF unicorn. People that change their opinions based on new facts are soooo rare here so hats of to you for that.

As for the rate it varies state by state. They simply apply their rate to the tax bracket for their state applied to the number of games in that state.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
You sir are an HF unicorn. People that change their opinions based on new facts are soooo rare here so hats of to you for that.

As for the rate it varies state by state. They simply apply their rate to the tax bracket for their state applied to the number of games in that state.

I appreciate the opportunity to learn something new :)

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I appreciate the opportunity to learn something new :)

I've had a few opinions that have been changed if someone presents some facts to the contrary, gotta be open to it. I don't like going 100% with advanced stats because they aren't the be all and end all for me but they are a cool tool. Plus I don't think anyone just wants to see a blog of charts and graphs etc

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
The answer to the question is trading for Calle Jarkrok.
2million dollar centre locked up for another 4 years who is great as a shot suppressor.
Could use a C who is more defensive minded who is no slouch offensively.

Id be willing to give up a good wing prospect+ to make it happen.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
The answer to the question is trading for Calle Jarkrok.
2million dollar centre locked up for another 4 years who is great as a shot suppressor.
Could use a C who is more defensive minded who is no slouch offensively.

Id be willing to give up a good wing prospect+ to make it happen.

Nashville fans (not that they have any say) have said that he's not available, and isn't he playing more wing then centre these days?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Nashville fans (not that they have any say) have said that he's not available, and isn't he playing more wing then centre these days?
Yup, he is a 3W because they have Johansen, Bonino Turris 1-2-3.
Its one of the reasons I think he is attainable because he is now a C/W. Id love to see him between a Komarov and Marleau for the rest of the year, and when Komarov and Marleau are gone Hyman/Brown/Grundstrom/Leivo.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yup, he is a 3W because they have Johansen, Bonino Turris 1-2-3.
Its one of the reasons I think he is attainable because he is now a C/W. Id love to see him between a Komarov and Marleau for the rest of the year, and when Komarov and Marleau are gone Hyman/Brown/Grundstrom/Leivo.

I asked about Sissons but nope, they love him too lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad