What are the expectations for Tyson Jost?

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I just discovered Sam Adams ‘76 and I find it extremely satisfying, refreshing but not tasteless.

'76 is definitely interesting as it tastes like a hybrid of a lager and IPA. I also enjoy it. There really is nothing else like it on the market that I've tasted.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

madman

Deadmarsh Deli Dills
Jun 6, 2009
Steamboat Springs
Ironically I lived in Arvada and later Golden for the first 29 years of my life but never once took the Coors tour. I'm always parking (somewhat illegally) in the tour shuttle parking lot whenever I visit my old man in Golden because my favorite burger joint is right across the street from it.

I'm sorry if I'm derailing this thread a tad (but hey, it's the Jost thread, big whoop) but I don't drink much local CO brews these days. The local craft brewing scene kinda exploded here in NE the last 6-7 years so there's always new stuff to try. The one annoying thing about craft brews is that every single one of them is so obsessed with 15 different types of IPA, and I don't care for those. Gimme a Saison or a sour any day over that stuff. Whenever I'm in town I try and sample the local stuff however.

Bob's! I just ate there on Friday. I grew up in Golden and was back for the holiday.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Yeah, most crafts are very hit and miss for me as I stated, they are all trying to find their own niche and too often the crafts that I can find on tap in my region are trying to do it with an every increasing alcohol content that because so sickly sweet that I can't drink it. Examples are Matanuska Brewing Company's Magnatude 9.2 (9.2% ABV) taking over their shelf space as well as their spaces on growler bars. Denali Brewing's Abaddon (9.7% ABV) doing the same and becoming their major presence in Fairbanks.

Hell, even Sam Adams is in danger of actually losing their craft beer status...a designation they once defined and made a thing.

I miss having so many great craft beers available available in the 4.5% - 7% ABV range my area. Now it seems like everything is borderline wine in alcohol content..and the huge tradeoff is that this **** doesn't taste like beer anymore. I think the last local craft beer I enjoy is HooDoo Brewing Co. (located in Fairbanks) that makes a German Kölsh that comes in at 5.1%. This thing is wonderful, but it's the only local craft I can stomach anymore.
I agree. If I want wine I buy wine. If I want beer it must be refreshing not a meal into itself that I need to chew.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Coors has some of the best experimental brewing that you'd ever have and from some of the best brewers in the world... they just don't release it (sure ABInBev is the same I just don't know anybody that has worked there).

At least Jost can get a (small) buzz from that fridge of beer. :nod:

Hell, even Miller did a smaller craft beer in their Red Dog beer. I loved that in the mid 90s. I've never seen it on sale in Alaska, but I have heard that it is starting to reappear in the lower 48 priced somewhere between Miller High Life and Milwaukee's Best. *LMAO*

Probably just shows how ignorant my taste was in my early-mid 20s.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Wine must stay out of my house... my wife wine drunk is not a pretty sight.
That’s a major inconvenience!

Just lock her up in the bathroom with a bubbly bath, candle lights, and a cheap bottle of wine. Then go about your business of having a great steak dinner with a top bottle and a good Avs game in the quiet comfort of your living room.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
When talking AB...(not the poster, but Anheuser-Busch) the correct answer is to always beware of the penguin.

The commercials for this beer was so much better than the beer itself.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
When talking AB...(not the poster, but Anheuser-Busch) the correct answer is to always beware of the penguin.

The commercials for this beer was so much better than the beer itself.

Oh GOD...the Ice beer craze. That was just a clever marketing ploy to get rid of watered-down stock. Of course that, and Keystone were the beers I used to get in my teenage years. Beggars can't be choosers.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Oh GOD...the Ice beer craze. That was just a clever marketing ploy to get rid of watered-down stock. Of course that, and Keystone were the beers I used to get in my teenage years. Beggars can't be choosers.
Oh god no...Bud Ice was AB's exclusive ice-brewing process that takes the beer to a temperature below freezing, which leads to the formation of ice crystals in the finishing process that gives it a rich, smooth taste.

Or like you said, freezing watered down stock and slapping a different label on it. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad