What are the chances Yakupov bolts to Russia next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
Well isn't obvious?? Just look at what you're writing. That's exactly my point.
He's regressed, treated unfairly, and doesn't appear to be in good favors with his coach. His development does not appear to be going in to the right direction.
His contract is coming to an end this season. So if Edmonton does not trade him, and he doesn't want to re-sign, there's really just two options. He either sits out, or bolts. That's why I asked.

And DESPITE all of that, Yak has shown a commitment to the game greater than anyone of our stars all year. He has made some great defensive plays this year and is learning to play in all zones, but you knew that right? Thats why your here after all? You know nothing about the situation, the player, or what he thinks. Yak has had a positive demeanor all season. FLIGHT RISK TO RUSSIA. Don't come in here and insult our intelligence about our players

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And DESPITE all of that, Yak has shown a commitment to the game greater than anyone of our stars all year. He has made some great defensive plays this year and is learning to play in all zones, but you knew that right? Thats why your here after all? You know nothing about the situation, the player, or what he thinks. Yak has had a positive demeanor all season. FLIGHT RISK TO RUSSIA. Don't come in here and insult our intelligence about our players

Not sure why you're getting so defensive. I came here to ask for your insight on your player. I never once suggested Yakupov will leave to Russia. I said what are the chances. A simple zero chance and sharing the fact his family moved there and he trained in Edmonton was more than enough to get more insight. Thank you for that, I didn't know about it. Again, not sure why you're so defensive.
It wasn't a stereotypical question. It was a situational one in the sense that Yakupov is regressing, his value is probably at an all time low, Edmonton seems to be going nowhere yet again (I do feel for you guys, seriously, you guys are getting a raw deal), and so I just assume the contract negotiations will be tough. That leaves three options, trade, sit out or bolt. That was my line of reasoning. Had nothing to do with ''hey a russian has a bad year, he'll bolt to Russia''. I'm a Habs fan so you don't know me, but had you followed my history of posts, you'd know I'm not at all that type of poster.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not sure why you're getting so defensive. I came here to ask for your insight on your player. I never once suggested Yakupov will leave to Russia. I said what are the chances. A simple zero chance and sharing the fact his family moved there and he trained in Edmonton was more than enough to get more insight. Thank you for that, I didn't know about it. Again, not sure why you're so defensive.
It wasn't a stereotypical question. It was a situational one in the sense that Yakupov is regressing, his value is probably at an all time low, Edmonton seems to be going nowhere yet again (I do feel for you guys, seriously, you guys are getting a raw deal), and so I just assume the contract negotiations will be tough. That leaves three options, trade, sit out or bolt. That was my line of reasoning. Had nothing to do with ''hey a russian has a bad year, he'll bolt to Russia''. I'm a Habs fan so you don't know me, but had you followed my history of posts, you'd know I'm not at all that type of poster.

It's an inflammatory title, it would be like an Oiler fan going on the Habs board and asking "What Are the Chances Carey Price Pulls a Roy And Wants Out?" after getting into with the fans or something.

It's also getting tiresome hearing Habs fans A) trash on Yakupov only then to B) ask us what we would want for him in a trade (for dirt cheap of course).

Just a bad idea for a thread all-around.

Even if Yakupov is not an Oiler long term, I'd pretty much bet money he won't be on the Montreal Canadiens any time soon. If he is traded, there are about 10 other teams that can offer a better potential package for him based on our needs.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013

Honestly, this entire board is a little cranky right now. We know we suck and every fanbase is reminding us and ripping us a part and its embarrassing. I apologize for coming off as defensive, just not happy with this team. We don't want yak to leave, or get traded for peanuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln