What are the chances Yakupov bolts to Russia next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If you knew anything about Yak you would know he is committed to living, and playing in North America. And just because Kovy left for Russia, should we expect tarasenko and ovi and datsyuk all to be following? I'll repeat, Stupid question

Kovalev bolted to Russia at the end of his career. Tarasenko is having a career year. Ovi and Datsyuk are proven veterans. They are not 1st overall picks that have regressed since their rookie years. They are very different scenarios, and there's quite a few examples of players leaving. In any event, your position is clear and it seems unanimous thus far that there's no chance he bolts, which answers my initial question.
So thanks.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
When the other first overall picks on this team have say in who the play with, and you have to play with Jesse Joensue, i'd be pretty frustrated if I was him. Don't think hell bolt to Russia, but he's definitely gonna demand a trade this year.

the other first overall picks have been able to bury some of the chances handed to them , what about yak ?

why does he always have some built in excuse ?

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Kovalev bolted to Russia at the end of his career. Tarasenko is having a career year. Ovi and Datsyuk are proven veterans. They are not 1st overall picks that have regressed since their rookie years. They are very different scenarios, and there's quite a few examples of players leaving. In any event, your position is clear and it seems unanimous thus far that there's no chance he bolts, which answers my initial question.
So thanks.

u mean after no one wanted to sign him here ? Do your homework first

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
When Price was getting boo'd left and right , was he happy in Mont ???? When Subban wasn't getting paid was he happy in Mont ???

Price and Subban responded by having career years, not career lows, and they were not part of a team that hadn't made the POs for 7years. Again, different situations entirely.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
You know, if you keep asking the same question in spite of being told the answer over and over again, you can't really be surprised if people think you're trolling.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I will say, that Nail's character has been outstanding. He's a damn good soldier. If he is traded, I'd gladly watch his new team's games.

He needs more ice time and a coach that will ignite his passion and let him run wild, not the straitjacket lines/strategy we employ here.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
Price and Subban responded by having career years, not career lows, and they were not part of a team that hadn't made the POs for 7years. Again, different situations entirely.

Price responded by having Halak take his spot , should know more about ur own team , kind of sad isn't it ?

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
So thanks.

Do you honestly know anything about the Yakupov situation? I'm really curious how much you know regarding him.

And my point still stands. Kovy was a proven veteran as well, why should we expect any other russian players not to leave? Kovy in fact just went to the SC finals and left. Ovi has never even been there. So why are you subjecting this to yak only? You clearly have a motive. Most of the posters in the Oil boards, who watch yak play regularly will admit he struggled mightily last year and he deserved the criticism. He was also treated unfairly in relation to how nuge, and hall, and ebs have been given free passes. Yak has never been given a free pass for anything under Eakins. How is he supposed to develop properly with a rookie center on his line or Arco, a career AHLer basically? Yak is in a ****** situation. That doesnt mean he will be bolting to russia.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No as in , he didn't bolt , he had not other choice

Ahhh okay. So arguing semantics. I apologize, english is not my first language, so yes, you're right. He didn't bolt. But someone made a link between Kovalev leaving and expecting Tarasenko or Ovie or Datsyuk to bolt. Everyone of those guys are/were in a different situation than the one of Yakupov.

Jun 22, 2009
the other first overall picks have been able to bury some of the chances handed to them , what about yak ?

why does he always have some built in excuse ?

You kidding me? RNH had 4 goals in his sophmore year, his ice time was not reduced in the slightest. I know blah blah he was injured, still result driven. And Taylor Hall has been directly responsible for like 4 goals against in his last two games. No blown up media coverage or benching though. If Yakupov was doing that they'd have his head on a stick in the locker room. Its a massive double standard.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
You kidding me? RNH had 4 goals in his sophmore year, his ice time was not reduced in the slightest. I know blah blah he was injured, still result driven. And Taylor Hall has been directly responsible for like 4 goals against in his last two games. No blown up media coverage or benching though. If Yakupov was doing that they'd have his head on a stick in the locker room. Its a massive double standard.

Yet hall is still a even player where as Yak is what ??

Why are u comparing yak to hall , Yak isn't good enough to carry Halls sticks to his car

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Price responded by having Halak take his spot , should know more about ur own team , kind of sad isn't it ?

Price was getting booed during that season, he responded by having a career year. Should have I answered with ''followed'' seeing how you like to discuss semantics?

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Ahhh okay. So arguing semantics. I apologize, english is not my first language, so yes, you're right. He didn't bolt. But someone made a link between Kovalev leaving and expecting Tarasenko or Ovie or Datsyuk to bolt. Everyone of those guys are/were in a different situation than the one of Yakupov.

Kovulchuk. Not Kovalev.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013

Stereotypes do not account for "different situations". You, as well as a lot of the media, assume because Yak is russian, he is a risk to go to Russia.

I think you should go back to your boards and this thread should be closed, its obvious what the population feels

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Do you honestly know anything about the Yakupov situation? I'm really curious how much you know regarding him.

And my point still stands. Kovy was a proven veteran as well, why should we expect any other russian players not to leave? Kovy in fact just went to the SC finals and left. Ovi has never even been there. So why are you subjecting this to yak only? You clearly have a motive. Most of the posters in the Oil boards, who watch yak play regularly will admit he struggled mightily last year and he deserved the criticism. He was also treated unfairly in relation to how nuge, and hall, and ebs have been given free passes. Yak has never been given a free pass for anything under Eakins. How is he supposed to develop properly with a rookie center on his line or Arco, a career AHLer basically? Yak is in a ****** situation. That doesnt mean he will be bolting to russia.

Well isn't obvious?? Just look at what you're writing. That's exactly my point.
He's regressed, treated unfairly, and doesn't appear to be in good favors with his coach. His development does not appear to be going in to the right direction.
His contract is coming to an end this season. So if Edmonton does not trade him, and he doesn't want to re-sign, there's really just two options. He either sits out, or bolts. That's why I asked.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The discussion is stupid anyway, and overblown. Despite all the crap Russian players have thrown at them, the overwhelming majority chose to play in the NHL vs. the KHL.

Especially the younger guys, players only go to the KHL if they're at the tail end of their career. With Kovalchuk I suspect some shady stuff might have been going on in the background too (but that's a different discussion). Very few players choose the KHL over the NHL, almost none who are in their prime.

Even Radulov after a few seasons couldn't take the KHL and wanted to come back to the NHL.

Yakupov specifically moved to North America to fulfil his dream of being an NHL star and was willing to come develop in the CHL when he could've stayed in Russia.

Not only that, Yakupov was I believe like the first Oiler back in Edmonton this past summer to train in Edmonton and spent a big chunk of the summer here. His mother and sister live here too and he's improved his English a lot over the last year.

Does that sound like a kid who will bolt for Russia? Doubtful. Maybe in 2-3 years if it still hasn't worked out for him, it's more of a discussion but he's not going to give up on the NHL after like 2 seasons of play, that's just stupid.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
it was a preseason game

The pre-season was the season following his loss of the net to Halak.
Halak got traded, which made many people upset and they exploded on Price in the first period of the first pre-season game. After which Price made the ''just chill'' comment, and he followed that with a career year.

Jun 22, 2009
Yet hall is still a even player where as Yak is what ??

Why are u comparing yak to hall , Yak isn't good enough to carry Halls sticks to his car

Lol is this Taylor Hall himself? Why you getting so defensive, i'm just trying to make you understand Yakupovs situation, because clearly you have no clue. Yakupov was made a healthy scratch two games in a row last year. Games FIVE AND SIX! Talk about treating your number 1 overall player with respect. If I was him I would've made MacT trade me last year. Suprised hes even stuck up with this gong show this long. Don't get me wrong, I understand he's not lighting the world up himself, but he's been mistreated for the last 2 years, it's difficult to catch a rhythm when your bouncing all around the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad