What are the chances Yakupov bolts to Russia next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Habs fan here in peace. Just curious basically about what you guys feel are the odds Yak decides to bolt to KHL next year..

I've been arguing since this summer that we should target Yakupov especially if he has another bad start this. I figured if he doesn't do well and your team struggles yet again, there's no chance I see him re-sign. I wouldn't understand why he would.
So figured I'd ask you guys to see if I'm far off.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: I'll add a follow up, in the instance of a trade with the Habs, what do you guys think MacT could fetch?..Let me be clear that I'm not asking what you would wish for but more so what you think your management would be able to get.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Zero chance.

He's been in Canada for four years, his family lives here, and he wants to play in the NHL.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not very high IMO.

He committed very hard to North America by coming here and willingly developing in the CHL rather than play in Russia. He wants to be a star in the NHL.

IMO he will accept a 2-year extension, especially if the Oilers do fail their way into McDavid/Eichel (that should ensure Yak has someone great to play with).

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I don't see Yak bolting to the KHL. But it may also all depend on what type of contract the Oilers offer him after this season. If they lowball him, who knows.. it could be possible.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Larionov is the wildcard. I think Larionov feels the Oilers have sabotaged Yak's development to some degree and he saw the treatment Yak got was inconsistent compared to some of our good Canadian boys that were crapping the bed last season. Yak seems like the kind of trusting kid that can be swayed by his agent. I really doubt it gets to a point him going to the KHL, but it's unpredictable the kind of insane contract that he might be offered from there if our negotiations go sour.

I love Yak and I think with the right coach he will be a good sniper in the NHL, but there are some interesting things that can come into play with Yak this off-season.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
He won't be leaving for Russia. Pretty stupid poll just buying into the stereotypes

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
So what do you guys think MacT would be able to fetch from the Habs for Yakupov?

lol, Habs fans need to get over this already. If he is dealt 100% it will be for like a Tyler Myers or a d-men of that ilk. Montreal does not have the assets they'd be willing to give up to get him.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
lol, Habs fans need to get over this already. If he is dealt 100% it will be for like a Tyler Myers or a d-men of that ilk. Montreal does not have the assets they'd be willing to give up to get him.

Wait..are you saying you'd be happy to get Myers??
What are those assets you'd want?

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Not a chance. The kid wants to play in the NHL. He's not going to bolt because he's on a ****** team.

That's just an opinion of course. Yaks past with Sarnia would probably back up my assertion a bit though.

McYoungGuns

Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton,Alberta
So you're saying Yakupov is worth a Norris winning Dman?..Not being overly realistic are you.

This is our board , we don't want to answer ur question , u have no one we want , and we can ask whatever we want for our players

would u kindly stop trolling our board and go back to yours. Guests should act and behave like guests

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Wait..are you saying you'd be happy to get Myers??
What are those assets you'd want?

I'm not saying we'd be happy with that, but if he's dealt it will almost definitely be for a young-ish offensive D-Man (preferably a right handed shot).

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Yakupov isn't really worth anything right now, that's the problem, also why he won't be traded. It would be a terrible idea to trade him when his value is low, only to watch him turn it around on another team.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
This is our board , we don't want to answer ur question , u have no one we want , and we can ask whatever we want for our players

would u kindly stop trolling our board and go back to yours. Guests should act and behave like guests

I asked a simple question. Not sure how I trolled anybody.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
Those stereotypes exist for a reason, and it's just a question.

If you knew anything about Yak you would know he is committed to living, and playing in North America. And just because Kovy left for Russia, should we expect tarasenko and ovi and datsyuk all to be following? I'll repeat, Stupid question

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He'll stay here. If I were him i'd threaten to go to Russia to force a trade. I have never seen a 1st overall pick treated so badly before.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Eller and Beaulieu.
I would consider this.

Not a chance. The kid wants to play in the NHL. He's not going to bolt because he's on a ****** team.

That's just an opinion of course. Yaks past with Sarnia would probably back up my assertion a bit though.
Well it's not just that he's on a team that just isn't performing. I mean, if he had developed into a solid top player like Hall, I would never ask that question, and your team would probably be better.
But he's been regressing since his rookie year and unless I'm mistaken, his relationship with Eakens isn't quite the best. I'm just not seeing the value in wanting to re-sign in Edmonton if things do not change.

I'm not saying we'd be happy with that, but if he's dealt it will almost definitely be for a young-ish offensive D-Man (preferably a right handed shot).

What about a Beaulieu+ as was suggested?
Yakupov isn't really worth anything right now, that's the problem, also why he won't be traded. It would be a terrible idea to trade him when his value is low, only to watch him turn it around on another team.
That's pretty much my point. But do you think he will want to re-sign another contract in Edm?

Jun 22, 2009
When the other first overall picks on this team have say in who the play with, and you have to play with Jesse Joensue, i'd be pretty frustrated if I was him. Don't think hell bolt to Russia, but he's definitely gonna demand a trade this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad