What are the chances CHIA pursues Dubie this offseason?

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Huge lol if he comes back, that would be a nice story if he did. It's kinda like Bernie Parent leaving the Philly back in the day and coming back a polished gem.

northern2020

Nov 23, 2003
Bumping this thread post McJesus/Chia.

Speculation by Rishaug that they take a run at Dubes on the Team today...I'm calling It here + Babcock!

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton

Speculation by Rishaug that they take a run at Dubes on the Team today...I'm calling It here + Babcock!

That would be ridiculous

Public sentiment towards Dubnyk during his time here was terrible, can't imagine how bad it'd get if he came back at 5 - 6 million per year.

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Ki2g6y5.jpg

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
That would be ridiculous

Public sentiment towards Dubnyk during his time here was terrible, can't imagine how bad it'd get if he came back at 5 - 6 million per year.

That's because the public sentiment is collectively stupid. It's the same public sentiment who thought we'd be better off with Petry gone. Or that Renney should be fired.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

Excellent. The guy is up for the Vezina. Burke worked his magic and showed him how to play as a big G. Something the "coaching" here never managed over the entire time he was in Edmonton.

But I still think he probably re-signs in Minny so long as they don't low ball him too much.

That would be ridiculous

Depends how he plays. If he can give us .915+SV% I would be very happy with that contract.

blue_n_copper

Nov 30, 2006
We can only speculate. Dubie by all accounts was a great guy and well liked. Maybe he misses his old team mates and wouldn't mind returning. Maybe he sees returning here and winning over the fans again as a challenge he would like to take on. I don't know.

That being said, I think he will resign in Minny unless they try to low ball him.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Not going to happen, besides I predict that he will have an off year again next year. I don't have anything stats or anything to back up this feeling, but it seemed to me that one year he was good the next not so much then back to good then back to bad.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Not going to happen, besides I predict that he will have an off year again next year. I don't have anything stats or anything to back up this feeling, but it seemed to me that one year he was good the next not so much then back to good then back to bad.

Thats the thing about Duby, he was really good here for a while. Then he falls off the map. He will always regress back to what he is, which is a below average starting goalie. That being said, that would be a upgrade for us now, but I hope Chai has his eyes on a better option.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Why in the world would he leave Minny?

They might be up against the cap. Minny fans on the main board were hoping to get him around 3M. I think there is no chance he gets under 4 and if he plays well in the playoff, 5+ isn't out of the question.

As for him having a down year, he was coming along ok here up until the swarm destroyed him. Now that Burke taught him about playing big I think he could have a pretty solid career in the NHL.

If he'd come back now that MacT/Eakins aren't in charge, I'd be very pleased.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
That's because the public sentiment is collectively stupid. It's the same public sentiment who thought we'd be better off with Petry gone. Or that Renney should be fired.

The key to all this fan sentiment is that management is supposed to replace the ****** player who is not fully committed to winning and doing whatever it takes to win.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
They might be up against the cap. Minny fans on the main board were hoping to get him around 3M. I think there is no chance he gets under 4 and if he plays well in the playoff, 5+ isn't out of the question.

As for him having a down year, he was coming along ok here up until the swarm destroyed him. Now that Burke taught him about playing big I think he could have a pretty solid career in the NHL.

If he'd come back now that MacT/Eakins aren't in charge, I'd be very pleased.

Whoops. Looks like the Oilers decided to keep MacT around and give him another important role in management.

Say goodbye to any chance of Dubnyk coming back.

IAGTTAYM

Dec 15, 2006
I doubt Dubnyk will want to come back. But he's the best UFA goalie so Chiarelli should at least make a pitch.

Thunderstick

Jun 24, 2008
Alberta
Is there any chance the Oilers might try to target Rammo out of Calgary? I think he may be a very good option. Or is the consensus that he would be to much of a wildcard like the other backups the Oilers have tried???

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Whoops. Looks like the Oilers decided to keep MacT around and give him another important role in management.

Say goodbye to any chance of Dubnyk coming back.

Probably, but until he signs, I'll remain hopeful

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
Nobody knows, except perhaps Dubnik, and I doubt hes thinking about it right now either.

northern2020

Nov 23, 2003
I liken this idea to that of finding a 10 bagger penny stock

I'm bullish on this idea and would drop some cheddar in the probability of this happening but wouldn't break bank on it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad