What are the chances CHIA pursues Dubie this offseason?

northern2020

Nov 23, 2003
If I were MacT and I wanted to show the Fanbase that I'm not a Narcist and can change, I'd go hard after him this summer.

It wouldn't be carte blanche with term, but I'd phrase it like

"So how would you like to be the netminder of the team that became the..."

A little less cash for the notoriety

Slats would always call a spade a spade, he would in a heartbeat if he were in MacT's shoes.

Edited post McJesus / Chia !

Last edited:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Doesn't matter, no chance at all Dubnyk ever comes back here after the way he was treated
That was by MacT.. He might not be back.. So maybe Dubbie could but no. That bridge is sailed.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Let's just put it this way. For any more, "will MacT do this?" threads, I have one answer:

"Sam Pollack told me one time, that the only thing you had to do in the NHL to be a good manager, is know who can play and can't play. If you go to a rink and you watch 50 guy skate around the ice, and you can pick out which guy can play? You can be a manager in the NHL." - Glen Sather

Craig MacTavish can't be a manager in the NHL.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
None but at this point I ain't even mad.

If he had stayed as the 1A/1B with Scrivens maybe we'd have eeked out just enough wins to play ourselves out of the 3rd spot and wouldn't have won the lottery. Good luck to Duby though.

Comic Book Guy*

If it's not Corey Crawford, I really think the Oilers will end up with Freddy Andersen. The Oilers are loaded with picks and young talent to get him and Gibson is the goalie of the future in Anaheim. Anderson is probably the best goalie no one is talking about right now.

The Joker*

zero.jpeg

Comic Book Guy*

Here's the Oiler's goalie next season:

frederik-andersen.jpg

You trade for #1 goalies. He's it and we have enough to offer ANA for him.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Why? It would be an embarrassing situation for both the player and team. Move on.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
Here's the Oiler's goalie next season:

frederik-andersen.jpg

You trade for #1 goalies. He's it and we have enough to offer ANA for him.

i feel the same the Oil are not going to get other teams established d-man or goalies unless there looking at parting with Hall, RNH, or Draisaitl. Both positions take years to develop and not many trades happen for them.

BlowbyBlow

Jan 22, 2011
None but at this point I ain't even mad.

If he had stayed as the 1A/1B with Scrivens maybe we'd have eeked out just enough wins to play ourselves out of the 3rd spot and wouldn't have won the lottery. Good luck to Duby though.

No, unless mact didn't say what he did, but it was also being around chabot/eakins, ect . He also went through three organizations before getting to minny

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Dubby blows, oh wow, shut out tonight with 17 shots. Minny is a good team but will get killed with dubs in net, they can have him.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Let's just put it this way. For any more, "will MacT do this?" threads, I have one answer:

"Sam Pollack told me one time, that the only thing you had to do in the NHL to be a good manager, is know who can play and can't play. If you go to a rink and you watch 50 guy skate around the ice, and you can pick out which guy can play? You can be a manager in the NHL." - Glen Sather

Nice quote from Sather there :laugh:

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009

who was manager in nashville? mtl?
they dont know how to manage either

wait.

who were the gms of the other 27 teams that saw him clear waivers.

they cant managae

i want Hackett in the organization.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Chances MacT pursues him? Literally zero.

If a different GM were in charge you never know. Dubnyk is from Alberta afterall and did have good success here before MacT/Eakins sewered his career.

rosemount289

Feb 12, 2008
How about..............???

Chances MacT pursues him? Literally zero.

If a different GM were in charge you never know. Dubnyk is from Alberta afterall and did have good success here before MacT/Eakins sewered his career.

How about another ex Oiler...............Geoff Petry? With the lottery win and us getting the number one pick will that be a game changer?

hulabaluu

Jun 11, 2013
Finland
We should concentrate on D and acquire talbot etc. good defence makes golies look better. No need to give goalies brossoit treatment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad