What are the chances CHIA pursues Dubie this offseason?

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
No way. He's had one good year... what happens if he comes back here on a long term big money contract and reverts back to his old self? Would be a huge disaster for both him and the team. Not a chance either side looks at having him come back.

mangdas

May 2, 2013
Edmonton
Andersen isn't going anywhere so I'd start to get your hopes up for another #1 goalie in the league. Or eye some 1B goalies, 3rd times a charm right?

dem

Mar 17, 2002
MacT ran him out of town as soon as he was hired..

So i'd say zero chance.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Time heals wounds..
I can't believe Mike Comrie suited up for the Oilers a second time.

But there simply hasn't been enough time.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
The chances are less than us winning the lottery. Minny will undoubtedly make him a priority signing.

He would not want to come here unless there was no other alternative.

The oilers who refuse to ever admit errors would not even call him.

None issue, non story, no chancey mister whalen.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
No chance Mact admits his mistake in assessing this goalie. He wouldn't even call Penner this year, when his team could have used him, just because he hates him.

Mact has favourites and those he dislikes. He simply disliked Smid. He dislikes Marincin; same for Petry.

Yeah, I think I'm moving more to the 'fire Mact immediately' camp.

Connor Mcdavey*

Lol this is honestly the stupidest idea I've ever read on these boards.

We almost cost Dubnyk his career - he was literally a back up in the AHL. He got out of our system alive (barely) ... And you think he's gonna roll the dice? He's having success in Minny, just get over it and move on.

It's like escaping living Hell, and asking if you'd want another chance to come back? Absolute best case scenario he has equal success as what he's having in Minny. Worst case, he's back to the old Dubnyk who was mentally fragile and couldn't stop a beach ball

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Why does Anaheim, who is also loaded with prospects, trade Andersen to a rising young team in the division, for prospects and/or picks?

Andersen is not exactly expensive either. Bob Murray is one of the best managers in the game. He is not stupid.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Why does Anaheim, who is also loaded with prospects, trade Andersen to a rising young team in the division, for prospects and/or picks?

Andersen is not exactly expensive either. Bob Murray is one of the best managers in the game. He is not stupid.

I think most people are walking about Anderson in Ottawa.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Dubnyk has always been about the money. If Minny comes to him with a sad sack cap story, then he will look elsewhere. If we give the best offer, he would come back.

However I don't think he can duplicate his Wild number here. He's not our type of goalie. He can be elite but only with that D in front of him. We need a cagey starter. Bernier is my preference, but that's just one option.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Don't think he comes back to Edm, but can Minny afford to give Dubnyk a big contract with Backstrom also having a significant cap hit?

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
We should concentrate on D and acquire talbot etc. good defence makes golies look better. No need to give goalies brossoit treatment.
Exactly. There are only few elite goalies in the league I would be paying a lot of money in long term (Price, Lundqvist, Rask, Rinne, Quick and maybe Luongo + Schneider) rest of the goalies are pretty good, but still they get big money with long term.

Goalies level of play changes a lot more than skaters. Look at Crawford, SC winning goalie, pay him $6mil which is just insane and now his is sitting on bench wathcing guy who has played in AHL and ECHL last years doing his job.

So thats the reason I hope Oilers GM dont overpay for guy like Antti Niemi. Focus on getting good defenseman and coach who can create really good system (If we cant land experienced coach I am fine with Nelson, he did good job).

And then trade for "pretty good" goalie who has manageable contract and cap hit. A lot of good names has been popping here! Like Andersen, Anderson, Talbot, Lack etc. And Brossoit is hopefully coming up in few years.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
MacT? 0%

If MacT was gone and there was a replacement? Still not great but >0. As has been said here many times already the Wild likely sign him to an extension within a couple days of their playoff run ending.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
It's hard for me to imagine a scenario where the Wild don't sign Dubynk to a multi year deal. In the event they don't though, still can't see him wanting to come back here after the way he was thrown under the bus, first by Mactavish and then piled on by the fans.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015
Dubs will re-sign in Minny.

i can't see Anaheim parting with either of Andersen/Gibson untill they need new contracts.. goaltending depth like that is great to have for as long as you can

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Time heals wounds..

That had more to do with the fact that Mactavish was no longer coach than anything. It wasn't a coincidence that Comrie was signed by the team a couple of weeks after Mact stepped down.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Time heals wounds..

haha I had completely forgotten about Comrie. I mean I knew he came back, but he would've scored 20 goals here if he had stayed healthy.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
That had more to do with the fact that Mactavish was no longer coach than anything. It wasn't a coincidence that Comrie was signed by the team a couple of weeks after Mact stepped down.

I'm pretty sure Comrie would have a bigger problem with Lowe than MacT.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Dubnyk has always been about the money. If Minny comes to him with a sad sack cap story, then he will look elsewhere. If we give the best offer, he would come back.

However I don't think he can duplicate his Wild number here. He's not our type of goalie. He can be elite but only with that D in front of him. We need a cagey starter. Bernier is my preference, but that's just one option.

Really? What are you basing that comment on?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad