What are our chances of making it to the cup final?

fordillingerlifesake

Oct 9, 2013
Edmonton
I think we have a very good chance of making it, we can beat any team in the east , always have trouble against Detroit but I don't see us even playing them. Oh and also Philly, never have luck with them, but that will be on the metro side of things anyway. The vanek line is hot right now, and we are riding a hot streak before the playoffs that I haven't seen before! Discuss

MagicalDeck

Mar 17, 2006
I'd say 1/8. The east is wide-open!

I think we have a very good chance of making it, we can beat any team in the east , always have trouble against Detroit but I don't see us even playing them. Oh and also Philly, never have luck with them, but that will be on the metro side of things anyway. The vanek line is hot right now, and we are riding a hot streak before the playoffs that I haven't seen before! Discuss

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
These are our probable opponent:

TB - We can beat them
Boston - We mostly do great against them
Penguins - MAF, enough said
STL,SJ,LA, COL, Ducks or Chicago :help:

Analyzer*

About as likely as this is the last thread to be made about this.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

We are not the favourite but have a shot. For the first time in 20 years.

Can't help but think back to the trade deadline when many on this board wanted Markov traded. Or Gionta for a lousy 5th round pick.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
We are not the favourite but have a shot. For the first time in 20 years.

Can't help but think back to the trade deadline when many on this board wanted Markov traded. Or Gionta for a lousy 5th round pick.

Picks and prospects have a greater value than real live NHL talent dontcha know

Don't matter that most NHL owners want IN on the playoffs for the extra revenue. This sadly differs from the Fan's POV cuz WE NEED PROSPECTS TO BUILD :rant:
Prospects and picks can go bust for a multitude of reasons, known NHL assets are just that - known assets. In today's NHL the goal is the playoffs cuz playoffs are more revenue!! SCFs are just extra gravy

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Pretty good. If I had to throw out a number I'd say 1/4. I'm actually more worried about Tampa than I am of Boston or Pittsburgh. We match up so much better against those teams than we do against Tampa.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Tampa scares me.

If we beat them, odds are we'll face Boston. If there's one team in the East that can beat Boston, it's Montreal.

After Boston, as long as be don't face Philly, we'll make it to the SCF.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Tampa scares me.

If we beat them, odds are we'll face Boston. If there's one team in the East that can beat Boston, it's Montreal.

After Boston, as long as be don't face Philly, we'll make it to the SCF.

You sir are expecting a lot. I am too but I dont want to be disappointed like last year. Hopefully unlike last year we can go into the playoffs playing well.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Very hard to tell. East's gonna be flukey for sure. We're not afraid of any team, but we could be out in the first round as well.

I wouldn't bet on anything regarding the East this year, to be honest.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
You sir are expecting a lot. I am too but I dont want to be disappointed like last year. Hopefully unlike last year we can go into the playoffs playing well.

Last year you could tell we were going to be disapointed, Price wasn't the goalie we were used to and we lost plenty of our last few games. This year there is no sign of us collapsing and we are almost a completely different team with Vanek in it seems, less of a struggle to score goals.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Boston alone have like 50% odds of making it. If they're out it's wide open.

Bleu Blanc Rouge

Jan 30, 2010
Montreal
Tampa reminds me of last year's ottawa.

I prefer losing against tampa than ottawa.

If we beat tampa and boston, I'm not sure we can beat philly. Id be more confident if we face pittsburgh or nyr in the ecf. We know how MAF and Lundqvist are against us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad