Wha???? Wideman drove himself home after serious injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
On 1200 tells story of his leg injury. He was in shock getting back to room and then removing gear. He thought he had to get his car back home and get ready for practice next day.
So he drove home and came in next day and only THEN decided there was a problem?

No doctors?? Staff? Hello?
Says he thinks he made it worse driving.

Someone please tell me I missed something.

Last edited:

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
#Melnykout needs to start badgering the NHLPA

I'd love to see the Ottawa Senators become a sticking point in the next lockout.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
On 1200 tells story of his leg injury. He was in shock getting back to room and then removing gear. He thought he had to get his car back home and get ready for practice next day.
So he drove home and came in next day and only THEN decided there was a problem?

Wait ....what? Anyone who watched the injury occur knew it was serious...really they sent him home...gotta be more to the story here lol

Reactions: Icelevel

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

No Boro?

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Is this the injury where Malkin fell on him? No one evaluated him? Huh?

He said nothing about being evaluated, he drove home using his left foot, slept on the couch, woke up the next day and went to the rink for practice. Never any mention of an evaluation until at least the next day.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

I'm sure the training staff spoke with him and went through their procedure. The part your missing is how Wideman obviously was trying to hide the extent of the injury. The point of him telling the story wasn't that to shame the organization rather to describe the pain of the injury.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm sure the training staff spoke with him and went through their procedure. The part your missing is how Wideman obviously was trying to hide the extent of the injury. The point of him telling the story wasn't that to shame the organization rather to describe the pain of the injury.
Yeah I get that he wasn’t trying to shame the organization. That’s not my point though. My point is that had anyone looked at him properly he would have gone to the hospital and not be left to drive himself home.
I mean we all watched it happen. It did not look good. At all. And it wasn’t. Season ending injury.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Yeah I get that he wasn’t trying to shame the organization. That’s not my point though. My point is that had anyone looked at him properly he would have gone to the hospital and not be left to drive himself home.
I mean we all watched it happen. It did not look good. At all. And it wasn’t. Season ending injury.

Wideman felt he was fine to drive home and even practice the next day, that right there is pretty telling of his mindset following the incident. I couldn't tell you whether Wideman actually felt alright, or he was intentionally hiding how he felt but the training staff can only do so much when a player leads them to believe he is fine, I'm sure they went through their procedure and were planning to reevaluate him the next day.

This is yet another example of making a story out of nothing to shame melnyk and the franchise. I get it things are bad but not everything needs to be blown out of proportion. Try and keep a level head for a moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad