We've fallen and we can't get up. 18/19 MGMT thread VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
They were up till TDL 2017...They would not rebuild with the Sedins still here,which was not smart IMO..I've liked most of JB's moves since then

I'll agree that they haven't been as odious as some of the prior moves, but even a moderate improvement has saddled us with the likes of Roussel and Beagle.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Were you expecting the Canucks to be a playoff team 2015-18..?

If I recall, you expect the Canucks to be a playoff team next year, no? I remember you put a time limit on Benning, before your support runs out... but don't recall what time that was. I think it lined up with 2 years... this being year 1.

Regardless, years are like months for Canucks fans... we can wait a couple more years... see what happens... decide from there.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Do you think we'll enter contract negotiations with Benning early to keep him locked up? He's done a great job with the rebuild and youth movement so far bringing in Pettersson and Boeser and.... Baertschi... and uhh.... Goldobin?
Real good stuff, pretty exciting future ahead of us if we can just get some bounces and stuff

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Do you think we'll enter contract negotiations with Benning early to keep him locked up? He's done a great job with the rebuild and youth movement so far bringing in Pettersson and Boeser and.... Baertschi... and uhh.... Goldobin?
Real good stuff, pretty exciting future ahead of us if we can just get some bounces and stuff
Don't make me smack you.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
What do people think we do at the deadline?

Or what people think Benning will do?

Probably not much. What assets can we possibly trade away for picks or rentals? Hutton and Gudbranson seem like the only realistic pieces that may be moved, and unless we're in the playoff race we won't buy. Sutter maybe if he waives.

Wouldn't count on Benning actually pulling anything off though because lol

Don't make me smack you.

Please do it and wake me from this nightmare

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
What do people think we do at the deadline?

Or what people think Benning will do?

Will try to trade pending free agents MDZ, Gagner, Nilsson but nobody will take them. He’ll be unable to get Edler to waive, Tanev will be seen as too important to our future, same with Gud.

Most I see is Hutton getting moved or they bring in another age gap player.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Wrong again.

Since Benning became Canucks GM he's had more top 10 picks than Arizona.
Right..I just looked up and Arizona has been out of the playoffs since 2012..and assumed they held on to their 1sts..apparently not..

So what has John Chayka done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad