Series Discussion Western Conference Finals: Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights | STARS WIN 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I refuse to believe that his poke check somehow stopped 2 goals

The Ice was genuinely tilted Vegas way and they were all over us. That defensive play to force the turnover and lead to us getting on the board.

We controlled play the rest of the 2nd and most of 3rd.

Without Coglianos play who knows if we are in a position to be defending that lead.

Im tipping my hat to Cogs he was great tonight.

If you dont recognise that all good. Up to you.

Reactions: DieselPig

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Janmark is the Darlington Nagbe of hockey. Once the puck crosses the offensive blue line he has absolutely no idea or ability to create and finish scoring chances. It's almost comical how many opportunities he does so good to get into an excellent position and then the chance just dies on his stick.

I get that he's not going to rag on himself but I for one desperately hope he's gone next season.

Reactions: redbeardtx

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Love all the Canucks fans saying they completely wore Vegas out and that's why Dallas is up 3-1. Lmao is it too much to ask for this team to get some credit for anything

Also so far we have managed to get what we have needed in this series, and that's our goalie stealing games. Not something we got before this series but Khudobin has stepped up big time in these first 3 games. Great to see. Hope he can help us win that 4th one pretty quickly here.

Would be nice to finish this series up and allow a few days of rest before the Cup finals, but Vegas won't be an easy out at all. Hope the Stars learned their lesson against Colorado and can put away Vegas before game 7...with the way they're playing it really looks like the veteran guys know how close this team is and that this could be the last chance of their careers. God I want them to get it done so badly. Vegas will be back next season, but we just cant say the same about the Stars.

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Love all the Canucks fans saying they completely wore Vegas out and that's why Dallas is up 3-1. Lmao is it too much to ask for this team to get some credit for anything

Also so far we have managed to get what we have needed in this series, and that's our goalie stealing games. Not something we got before this series but Khudobin has stepped up big time in these first 3 games. Great to see. Hope he can help us win that 4th one pretty quickly here.

Would be nice to finish this series up and allow a few days of rest before the Cup finals, but Vegas won't be an easy out at all. Hope the Stars learned their lesson against Colorado and can put away Vegas before game 7...with the way they're playing it really looks like the veteran guys know how close this team is and that this could be the last chance of their careers. God I want them to get it done so badly. Vegas will be back next season, but we just cant say the same about the Stars.

Good to know we were completely rested and at 100% after our obvious dominant sweep of the Avs, relative to Vegas’ 100 year war with Vancouver

Some of these playoff takes are just... yeesh.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also I find it interesting we’re only 12-9 in the bubble.

11-6 in games that actually matter, though

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’m sure we’d be making excuses too if we were out by now. Hell we still bring up last year’s OT and our two prime chances to advance instead of St. Louis. I’m doing my best to just laugh at the awful takes and enjoy the ride.

With this win we’ve made it further now than they ever have since I’ve been following the team (the 2007-2008 playoffs were when I hopped on). Through the horrific jerseys, the dark ages of mediocrity, the heart breaks at the hands of the Blues, I think this is probably the most excited and happiest I’ve been as a Stars’ fan. Cup or not, it’s a memorable run and one we should enjoy and cherish.

I’m just hoping it ends in the best way.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
After a bad game 2 loss (series tied 1-1) a lot of fans wanted to set the team on fire and not put them out with water but just piss on them instead.

These last two wins, especially game 4, haven’t been pretty but they’re still wins... tough and ugly postseason wins.

I think this team can pull off something nobody expected but if they don’t, don’t shit on them.

Last edited:

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
If they make the final, I’m ready to retire Jamie’s number, cup or no. Best leader this team has ever seen. He’s like half robot now and is playing out of his mind.

Agreed, Benn has regained my respect in this Vegas series he looks like a man possessed. And when looking at retiring numbers I feel like you have to look at the full time on the team and sometimes it’s easy to forget that Benn gave us 10 very strong seasons

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
If these playoffs have taught us anything I hope we aren't so quick to get down in the future. The GDT from last night is so bleak at times even though the Stars ended up winning. I guess the same can be said for series and players too for large stretches- I'm guilty of it too. Lets give the boys a little slack.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
If these playoffs have taught us anything I hope we aren't so quick to get down in the future. The GDT from last night is so bleak at times even though the Stars ended up winning. I guess the same can be said for series and players too for large stretches- I'm guilty of it too. Lets give the boys a little slack.

A big chunk of this fanbase is so used to Stars failure that they don’t know how to act during Stars success.

Reactions: bloodsimple

Rory

Jun 14, 2017

That’s fine. Hope the east teams are worn down too. I could care less what it is. A cup is a cup. Don’t matter how you win it I just want to win it.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

Most fans will never learn this lesson. It baffles me. It's how most fans are for any team in probably any sport.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
This has all been amazing... Just surreal for many reasons (September, bubble with no fans, Covid delay, actually making it this far) to where it doesn't seem like they're a win from the freaking SCF.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017

lol if anything vegas wore them out. They barely had anything left in the tank in game 7 while vegas could've gone 3 more OT's. Vegas barely played any defense haha

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'd be surprised if it's not Dowling. He will slide into the 2nd PP unit now that it's down Faksa and likely Hintz. He'll probably center Kiviranta and Perry.

What may be interesting is Perry. Bowness isn't going to say anything and he finished the game so there's no reason to be extremely suspicious, but head injuries can creep up and be worse the next day. He looked dazed after that hit. I think he's probably be fine, but can you imagine losing 3 out of 5 guys on the 2nd PP unit in 2 games? I think Perry is the only injury that would bring Robertson in. They can play him sheltered minutes like they do Perry and give him PP time. Like I said ... it's doubtful Perry will miss, but it's at least something to watch for warmups tomorrow. Maybe they would consider Dellandrea though over Robertson just to have a backup option at center if another guy gets hurt in game.

Reactions: Dynamite Time
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad